Why should I buy BF5 if N0 else is going to?

tuppaacc
6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2018
My concern is that there will be LOTS and LOTS OF EMPTY SERVERS.
With all the bs EA has come out with NO ONE! that I know and most of community will not be buying this game. So, as a long time BF player why should I? why should anyone? plus everyone is jumping on that COD wagon the good ol days when bf was superior and cod was crap are GONE! 😢.
Any good thoughts? or be honest should I just get COD no joke no bs

Comments

• smoothsac
    131 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Servers will be full
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ye.. no worries. The community, worldwide would be at least 15 million players based on sales figures from previous games. I haven't seen anywhere close to 7.5 million people complaining about the game and saying they won't buy it.
    -
    It's only natural, that the ones with stuff to complain about are the ones who shout the loudest. Hence, it may seem like the majority of the community is negative, but really it isn't. Or at the very least we do not know. Also alot of the negativity is stuff that really hasn't that much to do with wheter the game will be fun to play or not.
    -
    I don't think there's going to be an issue, more than enough people will buy the game, is my guess.
    -
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It only takes 64 guys to fill a server... So I think you will be able to find a game or two... All that "No one will buy BFV" is just pure *BS* claims without any Foundation...

Even for Hardline it is possible to find an occasional game of conquest most times of the day... And that game was a major blow sales-wise....
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    379 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 (which is according to this forum dead for 2 years now) has still plenty of full servers.
    So BFV will be fine.
  • ElliotLH
    8653 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm sure it'll be fine :)
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 has now actually more players then it did year ago.

I would not worry. I got BF5 and will be playing it a lot. CoD is nowhere near with its "quality" to bf games.
  • VincentNZ
    3446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah servers will be full everywhere for the first couple of months, no worries there. Heck you can still easily find BF3 and 4 servers and these games are old.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You could probably still find active servers for most of the battlefield titles, as long as you are playing conquest or rush anyways. 😁
  • von_Campenstein
    6571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2018
    BF1 has now actually more players then it did year ago.

I would not worry. I got BF5 and will be playing it a lot. CoD is nowhere near with its "quality" to bf games.

Quantity and then a quality all on its own, in the twilight zone.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You can even still play bf hardline years after release although many didnt buy it,it was hated by like 90%,much worse then bfvs situation.bf is a BIG game,even sales are really "low" you will find tons of servers for months,probably years.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP - do you really think BFV will be dead on arrival and you won't be able to find full servers? Stop being a drama queen.

It’s just going to be me, @Loqtrall and @DrakeCasanova in one server until you finally purchase it. Full squad vs no one for the win.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ill be ze germans so you have someone to shoot at lol.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This thread is funny. OP making decisions for the millions of players based on his handful of friends.
  • JediMastaWyn
    536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How many players do you need to support this game. 6400 players will give you over 100+ servers in your given region!

You really don't need that much players to keep servers populated. BF4 and Hardline are proof of this. BFV will be fine
  • VincentNZ
    3446 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    How many players do you need to support this game. 6400 players will give you over 100+ servers in your given region!

You really don't need that much players to keep servers populated. BF4 and Hardline are proof of this. BFV will be fine

BF4 and Hardline had community servers that actually kept people playing together and all regions populated enough for the whole dev cycle. For BF1 and BFV we were basically totally dependent on the official Dice servers, while community servers were pretty much dead.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    1018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Don't mind the few whiners on here OP. (Most of which will buy it too!) As EA put it previously.. "it's only noise".

There will be plenty of full servers and I know quite a few who are buying BF V and never touched BF 1. BF V will have better gun play, better maps, more tactical approach, team focused and comes with COOP. BF1 was an arcadey run and gun with bad gun play. Just didn't have that addictiveness BF3 or 4 had/has.

BF V is also slightly cheaper without Premium to split up the community. Most you see saying they won't buy it will be playing in a few months time once everyone else has jumped on the bandwagon. Same thing has happened in all previous releases and you bump into those names who said they weren't buying!

Get it.. have fun. It's only a game and its a good one being Battlefield. Not all aspects of the game will appeal to everyone but you'll usually find plenty you will like about it. Then there are those Battlefield moments you can't get in other titles! :-D
  • I’m buying the game and I’ll enjoy it. That’s what matters.