Weekly BF

Spotting should be removed completely!

«13
Skitelz7
925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
edited October 2018
It has no place in a game like this.
Especially now with BFV that they want to make it more realistic but at the same time: Hey! Let's highlight the enemy in red so the whole team can see him!
It's stupid.
The spotting flare especially.
Please get rid of it DICE!

Comments

  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That is why i usually end up in the hardcore servers lol.
  • paka90
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Try hardcore mate.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    That is why i usually end up in the hardcore servers lol.

    Same. But hardcore servers in my region are rare because of the smaller player base. =/
  • VincentNZ
    3171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just went through your battlelog stats with a quick glance. As an average player you are one of the great profiteers of both 3D and especially 2D spotting. The dorito lets you identify targets easier when compared to top notch players, especially if your eyesight is not perfect. The minimap spotting again allowed for tactical movement and to outplay gamers that have better aiming skills, by introducing a new soft skill into the game.
    I think it was a perfect system in BF4. It leveled the playing field and made the game more enjoyable for everyone while also adding tactical depth to it, also while including people with slightly impaired eyesight and broadening the skillset beyond the twitch-reflexes and mouse precision.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I just went through your battlelog stats with a quick glance. As an average player you are one of the great profiteers of both 3D and especially 2D spotting. The dorito lets you identify targets easier when compared to top notch players, especially if your eyesight is not perfect. The minimap spotting again allowed for tactical movement and to outplay gamers that have better aiming skills, by introducing a new soft skill into the game.
    I think it was a perfect system in BF4. It leveled the playing field and made the game more enjoyable for everyone while also adding tactical depth to it, also while including people with slightly impaired eyesight and broadening the skillset beyond the twitch-reflexes and mouse precision.

    Dear god...
    Don't be pathetic.
  • VincentNZ
    3171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I just went through your battlelog stats with a quick glance. As an average player you are one of the great profiteers of both 3D and especially 2D spotting. The dorito lets you identify targets easier when compared to top notch players, especially if your eyesight is not perfect. The minimap spotting again allowed for tactical movement and to outplay gamers that have better aiming skills, by introducing a new soft skill into the game.
    I think it was a perfect system in BF4. It leveled the playing field and made the game more enjoyable for everyone while also adding tactical depth to it, also while including people with slightly impaired eyesight and broadening the skillset beyond the twitch-reflexes and mouse precision.

    Dear god...
    Don't be pathetic.

    That is just how it is. Stats a a great indicator to how one played a game, by the way which is all fine. If you are average in the aiming and reaction department or have trouble seeing enemies, then adding a feature like 3D and 2D spotting will help you, while also adding a new layer of skill.
    I myself was a great profiteer and 2D spotting in particular made me a better player. Even if I had played less via the minimap I would have profited passively.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    I just went through your battlelog stats with a quick glance. As an average player you are one of the great profiteers of both 3D and especially 2D spotting. The dorito lets you identify targets easier when compared to top notch players, especially if your eyesight is not perfect. The minimap spotting again allowed for tactical movement and to outplay gamers that have better aiming skills, by introducing a new soft skill into the game.
    I think it was a perfect system in BF4. It leveled the playing field and made the game more enjoyable for everyone while also adding tactical depth to it, also while including people with slightly impaired eyesight and broadening the skillset beyond the twitch-reflexes and mouse precision.

    Dear god...
    Don't be pathetic.

    That is just how it is. Stats a a great indicator to how one played a game, by the way which is all fine. If you are average in the aiming and reaction department or have trouble seeing enemies, then adding a feature like 3D and 2D spotting will help you, while also adding a new layer of skill.
    I myself was a great profiteer and 2D spotting in particular made me a better player. Even if I had played less via the minimap I would have profited passively.

    Sure thing buddy!
    You can go now ✌
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    +1 never liked 3D spotting.
  • UsainskiSemperFi
    528 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    paka90 wrote: »
    Try hardcore mate.

    why??? in this way the community is divided even more, stupid thing to do.
  • 3D spotting is gone. 2D spotting is fine.
  • Bluemoon2393
    187 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting is useful. It encourages teamwork and more importantly tracks enemies down. It's a must have in operations.
  • Hawxxeye
    5939 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you care about "realism" then the run while gunning gameplay is a lot worse offender than spotting.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    3D spotting is gone. 2D spotting is fine.

    3D spotting is not completely gone.
    There are perks that make vehicles spotted when they take damage and there's the Scout's binocular.
    2D spotting is just as bad if not worse.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    If you care about "realism" then the run while gunning gameplay is a lot worse offender than spotting.

    You completely missed the point.
  • TheDwayneWayne
    10 postsMember Member
    edited October 2018
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    3D spotting is gone. 2D spotting is fine.

    3D spotting is not completely gone.
    There are perks that make vehicles spotted when they take damage and there's the Scout's binocular.
    2D spotting is just as bad if not worse.

    I don’t care about the “perks”. The fact that everyone can no longer just spam the spot button is good enough.

    2D spotting has been in nearly every BF game. Hilarious to see someone say it doesn’t belong in this game.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Spotting is a teamplay feature just like reviving or ammo. Its the talking for people that dont want to talk(so like 98% of the playerbase on my platform). It should have been changed so you cant spam it all the time,spotting people you barely see. But removing it is/was a bad idea imo.
  • warslag
    1536 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Being spotted on the map is OK. But 3D spotting should be kicked into touch.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    3D spotting is gone. 2D spotting is fine.

    3D spotting is not completely gone.
    There are perks that make vehicles spotted when they take damage and there's the Scout's binocular.
    2D spotting is just as bad if not worse.

    I don’t care about the “perks”. The fact that everyone can no longer just spam the spot button is good enough.

    2D spotting has been in nearly every BF game. Hilarious to see someone say it doesn’t belong in this game.

    You both have a point, It is part of the series, but does it hurt the community or does it help? (I know It's a bad idea to compare PUBG / Fortnite, but i'm going to do it o.0). PUBG is still very big in the shooter realm, and Fortnite is the king at young human babysitter, I know PUBG doesn't have spotting, does Fortnite?

    Let's face it, Battlefield won't ever be PUBG or Fortnite in the terms of playerbase. Over the years it has picked up features that could be holding it back (likely) and is it time for a new shooter from Dice with no old features or change Battlefield? Ether Dice can change the title to call it Battlefield or make a new IP all together.

    I have always hated spotting, So i tend to play hardcore, but hardcore on PC for BF1 is dead, and I blame Dice for that big mess. It would be super easy to test how real Battlefield could get. Remove Spotting, Add friendly Fire, Remove Scope Glint, Remove Vehicle Repair (while driving), Remove all Aim Assist, Remove Kill Cam etc. I would also go as far as removing normal class system and just allowing everyone to create their own at a set level.

    Because if the stories are true with Battlefield 5 coming from some YouTube Streamers, People might really hate Battlefield 5 at launch. The main thing to me is Dice is adding Aim Assist to some single shot weapons (even on PC) to counter SMGS. Also the text based upgrade system looks like a POS to me (I blame Dice working on Star Wars, Disney should pull their licence). It will be easy to test if people like the game on Nov 9 with the early access for $5 usd, not too long to test it.

  • DingoKillr
    3635 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    It has no place in a game like this.
    Especially now with BFV that they want to make it more realistic but at the same time: Hey! Let's highlight the enemy in red so the whole team can see him!
    It's stupid.
    The spotting flare especially.
    Please get rid of it DICE!

    So should revive that is such a baby feature you go straight back to the deploy and wait for the round to finish.
  • VincentNZ
    3171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @Popa2caps

    The main reason why PUBG and Fortnite do not need spotting is the 3rd person view and the generally long engagement durations. BF always offered a faster gameplay where visibility over splitseconds really matter.
    Additionally BFV put the visuals on a level where it is really hard to identify enemies, which can be seen as a detriment to gameplay. Personally I had to crank up the brightness to 100% to achieve good visibility.
Sign In or Register to comment.