Spotting should be removed completely!

13»

Comments

  • Jarp75
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I really hope that DICE keeps the 3D spotting out of the game. But I would love to see the 2D spotting gone as well.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    It has no place in a game like this.
    Especially now with BFV that they want to make it more realistic but at the same time: Hey! Let's highlight the enemy in red so the whole team can see him!
    It's stupid.
    The spotting flare especially.
    Please get rid of it DICE!

    "It's stupid"--what a well reasoned argument, such logic, so much supporting evidence, and expressed with such a command of the language. (rolls eyes)
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    "Wah wah! Spotting is too casual and not realistic!"

    *Runs around hipfire spraying automatic weapon accurately, gets blown up by tank and brought back to life with needle to the arm, takes LMG round with 4000 Joules of energy to the chest and survives, takes out enemy sniper because his glint was shining even though it's night time, spams explosives in corridor full of friendlies and doesn't harm them, uses bandages to heal multiple bullet wounds, ...

    Seriously. Just go play hardcore mode if more realism and less casual elements is what you want. Hopefully they'll bring back BF3/BF4 hardcore mode instead of the mess that was BF1 hardcore mode. Or maybe they'll allow server admins to adjust the rules and not allow spotting if they want - assuming we ever get a good RSP of course.

    Just to be sure i'm asking over at
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9rn82j/battlefield_v_weekly_debrief_october_26th/

    to see if there will be a hardcore mode, To me i would expect no being they are doing so much to the normal and trying to mix the two.

    They sure seem to be spending a ton of time on operations for some odd reason as well.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Skitelz7 wrote: »
    It has no place in a game like this.
    Especially now with BFV that they want to make it more realistic but at the same time: Hey! Let's highlight the enemy in red so the whole team can see him!
    It's stupid.
    The spotting flare especially.
    Please get rid of it DICE!

    "It's stupid"--what a well reasoned argument, such logic, so much supporting evidence, and expressed with such a command of the language. (rolls eyes)

    Do you want a cookie or something?
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    "Wah wah! Spotting is too casual and not realistic!"

    *Runs around hipfire spraying automatic weapon accurately, gets blown up by tank and brought back to life with needle to the arm, takes LMG round with 4000 Joules of energy to the chest and survives, takes out enemy sniper because his glint was shining even though it's night time, spams explosives in corridor full of friendlies and doesn't harm them, uses bandages to heal multiple bullet wounds, ...

    Seriously. Just go play hardcore mode if more realism and less casual elements is what you want. Hopefully they'll bring back BF3/BF4 hardcore mode instead of the mess that was BF1 hardcore mode. Or maybe they'll allow server admins to adjust the rules and not allow spotting if they want - assuming we ever get a good RSP of course.

    They completely broke hardcore mode in BF1 and I can never find hardcore servers in BF4/BF3.
    If I could I would most definitely play them.
  • greene00004
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Spotting absolutely should be in the game. Battlefield would suffer without it. Of course, I'm not referring to the system Dice has been implementing. I'm referring to a callout system similar to what we've seen in other games. Instead of seeing a triangle appear in a second story window, you'd hear the spotter's avatar shoutout, "Sniper, second story!" Instead of looking at HUD elements that draw us out of the virtual world, we'd be drawn further in by being forced to listen and pay attention.

    This would also improve vehicle combat. Spotting an enemy tank could automatically send a callout to friendly bombers and tanks. And as a squad leader, holding the spot button could do the same thing, making it easier to point out buildings that need to be destroyed.
  • DingoKillr
    3507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    "Wah wah! Spotting is too casual and not realistic!"

    *Runs around hipfire spraying automatic weapon accurately, gets blown up by tank and brought back to life with needle to the arm, takes LMG round with 4000 Joules of energy to the chest and survives, takes out enemy sniper because his glint was shining even though it's night time, spams explosives in corridor full of friendlies and doesn't harm them, uses bandages to heal multiple bullet wounds, ...

    Seriously. Just go play hardcore mode if more realism and less casual elements is what you want. Hopefully they'll bring back BF3/BF4 hardcore mode instead of the mess that was BF1 hardcore mode. Or maybe they'll allow server admins to adjust the rules and not allow spotting if they want - assuming we ever get a good RSP of course.

    Just to be sure i'm asking over at
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9rn82j/battlefield_v_weekly_debrief_october_26th/

    to see if there will be a hardcore mode, To me i would expect no being they are doing so much to the normal and trying to mix the two.

    They sure seem to be spending a ton of time on operations for some odd reason as well.
    I believe hardcore will be back.

    I was asked a questions that related to hardcore a few months ago, I pointed out a few flaws as to why I don't like the mode and don't think it has every worked correctly.
  • VincentNZ
    2674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting absolutely should be in the game. Battlefield would suffer without it. Of course, I'm not referring to the system Dice has been implementing. I'm referring to a callout system similar to what we've seen in other games. Instead of seeing a triangle appear in a second story window, you'd hear the spotter's avatar shoutout, "Sniper, second story!" Instead of looking at HUD elements that draw us out of the virtual world, we'd be drawn further in by being forced to listen and pay attention.

    This would also improve vehicle combat. Spotting an enemy tank could automatically send a callout to friendly bombers and tanks. And as a squad leader, holding the spot button could do the same thing, making it easier to point out buildings that need to be destroyed.

    This does not work. First Battlefield is a too fast-paced game. By the time that call would go out it would be outdated. Additionally it is highly dependent for your teammates to know your position relative to your spot so they can figure it out. Hard with 64 players. Also you would have to be way more specific than "Sniper, second story." You would need bearing, elevation, distance, landmark features and confirmation. That makes for quite a long sentence that you need to listen to and understand. It might als not be relevant to you at all. All of that needs to be recorded as well and made sound natural. With all the stuff going on in the sound department a t any time in BF this is an impossible task.
    -
    This only works in games like PUBG where there are four people with coms already communicating with each other. To varying degree of success, communicating a location to someone is hard work.
    That is why the BF spotting system is preferable.
  • Popa2caps
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    "Wah wah! Spotting is too casual and not realistic!"

    *Runs around hipfire spraying automatic weapon accurately, gets blown up by tank and brought back to life with needle to the arm, takes LMG round with 4000 Joules of energy to the chest and survives, takes out enemy sniper because his glint was shining even though it's night time, spams explosives in corridor full of friendlies and doesn't harm them, uses bandages to heal multiple bullet wounds, ...

    Seriously. Just go play hardcore mode if more realism and less casual elements is what you want. Hopefully they'll bring back BF3/BF4 hardcore mode instead of the mess that was BF1 hardcore mode. Or maybe they'll allow server admins to adjust the rules and not allow spotting if they want - assuming we ever get a good RSP of course.

    Just to be sure i'm asking over at
    https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9rn82j/battlefield_v_weekly_debrief_october_26th/

    to see if there will be a hardcore mode, To me i would expect no being they are doing so much to the normal and trying to mix the two.

    They sure seem to be spending a ton of time on operations for some odd reason as well.
    I believe hardcore will be back.

    I was asked a questions that related to hardcore a few months ago, I pointed out a few flaws as to why I don't like the mode and don't think it has every worked correctly.

    I want to hope it will, just EA/Dice have been lacking in details so much it makes me wonder. Like take for example the game should have released by now, (before the delay) Why are they still not releasing details of the game, and instead releasing small bits like some new IP. I know more about Cyberpunk 2077 that releases in 2019 and less about Battlefield 5 that comes out in 13 days (Early access, Prime). I myself don't want to conclude too much on scepticism about details for Battlefield 5, but damn, they're (EA/Dice) making it hard.

    I would be happy if they would just release all the details of what the game will have on the 9h of Nov. Not roadmaps,,Battle Royal Mode, just what is in the game come release so i can better judge if i would like the game.
  • ragnarok013
    3033 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    BF2 was more or less like hardcore in BF4 and without the scope-glint.

    3D spotting is not my cup of tea. I know that I have killed many enemies in BF1 (and BF4) by shooting red doritoes, while good for my K/D it's still stupid.

    Yes but back in BF2 draw distance was way shorter than in today's Battlefield games due to the technology limitations at the time so you weren't getting sniped at extreme ranges from people you can't see so lack of spotting wasn't really an issue in my opinion.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My opinion is that the game only needs 2 forms of spotting. One is the marker that has replaced the dorito spam. It is all ground units need to call out enemy positions.

    The second is a marker for aircraft so they know where the ground targets are. This is also already in the game as well in the form of the deployable flares.
  • Hawxxeye
    5342 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    My opinion is that the game only needs 2 forms of spotting. One is the marker that has replaced the dorito spam. It is all ground units need to call out enemy positions.

    The second is a marker for aircraft so they know where the ground targets are. This is also already in the game as well in the form of the deployable flares.
    If were to actually happen then the recon class might as well be scraped cause spotting was their only true importance in BFV.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    My opinion is that the game only needs 2 forms of spotting. One is the marker that has replaced the dorito spam. It is all ground units need to call out enemy positions.

    The second is a marker for aircraft so they know where the ground targets are. This is also already in the game as well in the form of the deployable flares.
    If were to actually happen then the recon class might as well be scraped cause spotting was their only true importance in BFV.

    Snipers could still spot.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    BF2 was more or less like hardcore in BF4 and without the scope-glint.

    3D spotting is not my cup of tea. I know that I have killed many enemies in BF1 (and BF4) by shooting red doritoes, while good for my K/D it's still stupid.

    Yes but back in BF2 draw distance was way shorter than in today's Battlefield games due to the technology limitations at the time so you weren't getting sniped at extreme ranges from people you can't see so lack of spotting wasn't really an issue in my opinion.

    And the maps were much cleaner and didnt change much,it was just way easier to see people.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just really hope that the spotting in the game does not make the camouflage completely useless, that is my main concern about this issue.
  • greene00004
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »

    This does not work. First Battlefield is a too fast-paced game. By the time that call would go out it would be outdated. Additionally it is highly dependent for your teammates to know your position relative to your spot so they can figure it out. Hard with 64 players. Also you would have to be way more specific than "Sniper, second story." You would need bearing, elevation, distance, landmark features and confirmation. That makes for quite a long sentence that you need to listen to and understand. It might als not be relevant to you at all. All of that needs to be recorded as well and made sound natural. With all the stuff going on in the sound department a t any time in BF this is an impossible task.
    -
    This only works in games like PUBG where there are four people with coms already communicating with each other. To varying degree of success, communicating a location to someone is hard work.
    That is why the BF spotting system is preferable.

    I disagree. In my online gaming experience, most players make their callouts based on landmarks. If there's two guys in the Old House, on the roof of the Old House or running into the Old House, that's extremely useful information for nearby teammates who can hear your avatar. Though having the callouts be more specific as you suggested would be better, players have been able to effectively use landmarks for callouts in all kinds of games for years, especially when those games are designed around easily recognizable map features.

    Dice might not be able to pull this off now, but whenever they can, I think it would be better than the triangle system of previous games.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every single military style team game also needs to have a damn grid overlay on their maps as well! It bothers me that alot of games do not include that.
Sign In or Register to comment.