Aim just randomly jerks

2»

Comments

• DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    So far my new controller is holding up but i'm also making sure I turn it off when not in use and really babying the the right stick because I'm scared of it breaking lul. I also purchase a 2 year protection plan for it and returned the broken one using the box and receipt from the new one with the protection plan so I'm hoping I should be ok for 6 months while I have one just sitting in a box unopened. Are Kontrol Freak controllers better quality then the standard ps4 controllers?
  • firechickenfan
    441 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    One of my buddies owns a wrap company. He put wraps on his ps4 and ds4. They looked bad to the bone.
  • SMK_GAMING_2
    775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    DaHuntzMen wrote: »
    So far my new controller is holding up but i'm also making sure I turn it off when not in use and really babying the the right stick because I'm scared of it breaking lul. I also purchase a 2 year protection plan for it and returned the broken one using the box and receipt from the new one with the protection plan so I'm hoping I should be ok for 6 months while I have one just sitting in a box unopened. Are Kontrol Freak controllers better quality then the standard ps4 controllers?

Kontrol Freaks do not make controllers, they make stick extenders and silicone covers for a controller. I think you may be talking about a Scuf controller. Their build quality is a very highly debated topic, some say worse than a standard PS4 controller while others say just the same. They certainly are not better build quality. The latest PS4 Scuf is a disaster, many think it should have a mass recoil, do not get that one. Have a look around, there are so many makers of controllers, You have Scuf controllers, Aim controllers and The Controller People also do them.
  • WetFishDB
    1974 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

Kontrol Freaks do not make controllers, they make stick extenders and silicone covers for a controller. I think you may be talking about a Scuf controller. Their build quality is a very highly debated topic, some say worse than a standard PS4 controller while others say just the same. They certainly are not better build quality. The latest PS4 Scuf is a disaster, many think it should have a mass recoil, do not get that one. Have a look around, there are so many makers of controllers, You have Scuf controllers, Aim controllers and The Controller People also do them.

As sparky said, there are two PS4 scuf controllers.

Scuf Infinity is basically a stock controller that they then modify; add paddles, custom paint jobs etc. They aren't building most of that, just disassembling, modifying, and then re-assembling. I still have one of these lying around somewhere, still working well as far as I know.

The Scuf Impact I believe they do build; it's got extra paddles over and above the Infinity etc. From what I've read it's that one that there has been some significant questions over the quality.

There are also a few officially licensed 'Pro' controllers; the Nacon Revolution Pro and the Razer Raiju. I had a first gen Nacon and that too was pretty well built (although had a funny wired connection that nearly broke the first time I tried to plug it in). The second gen now uses USB-C, so that problems gone at least.
  • digga11
    763 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    WetFishDB wrote: »

As sparky said, there are two PS4 scuf controllers.

Scuf Infinity is basically a stock controller that they then modify; add paddles, custom paint jobs etc. They aren't building most of that, just disassembling, modifying, and then re-assembling. I still have one of these lying around somewhere, still working well as far as I know.

The Scuf Impact I believe they do build; it's got extra paddles over and above the Infinity etc. From what I've read it's that one that there has been some significant questions over the quality.

There are also a few officially licensed 'Pro' controllers; the Nacon Revolution Pro and the Razer Raiju. I had a first gen Nacon and that too was pretty well built (although had a funny wired connection that nearly broke the first time I tried to plug it in). The second gen now uses USB-C, so that problems gone at least.

I have used a scuf ds4 for 2 years now no issues at all. Think they cracked up some outlets in the states and the quality wasn’t good there.
  • fisknyllet17
    1727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate jerks.
  • dave12678
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a advanced setting that increases the speed of your aim. I can't think of the name but I turned that off and I felt way more control, maybe it's just that. I don't know just throwing that out there. Good luck!
  • DaHuntzMen
    282 postsUnconfirmed, Member, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    dave12678 wrote: »
    There is a advanced setting that increases the speed of your aim. I can't think of the name but I turned that off and I felt way more control, maybe it's just that. I don't know just throwing that out there. Good luck!
    It was a controller issue with the controller being broken and fixed by getting a new one