Team Switching is gone.

Comments

• trip1ex
    5052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    good to hear this confirmed, but only 1 step to getting balancing to a much better place. They need to punish quitters too and then also revamp the way they balance and think about balancing. On top of it they need to let teams knock out the other team and let teams always have a chance to comeback if the other team doesn't finish them off.
  • SirSpectacle
    814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Um...why is everyone still debating/arguing over this? The team switching is gone, removed, deleted, no longer in service, no longer computes, erased, totaled, redacted, expunged, kaput. No amount of bickering is gonna bring it back lol.

Seeing how DICE likes to make major changes to BF games after release, I'm pretty sure that if enough people complain they will bring team switching back..
  • Hawxxeye
    6617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Um...why is everyone still debating/arguing over this? The team switching is gone, removed, deleted, no longer in service, no longer computes, erased, totaled, redacted, expunged, kaput. No amount of bickering is gonna bring it back lol.

Seeing how DICE likes to make major changes to BF games after release, I'm pretty sure that if enough people complain they will bring team switching back..
    That will depend on the success of the team balance on launch.
    Wait a sec...
    *tinfoil hat* Could it be that the reason of the removal is to make it more appealing to rent servers in order to switch as admin?
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    trip1ex wrote: »
    good to hear this confirmed, but only 1 step to getting balancing to a much better place. They need to punish quitters too and then also revamp the way they balance and think about balancing. On top of it they need to let teams knock out the other team and let teams always have a chance to comeback if the other team doesn't finish them off.

I am pretty sure they've just disabled Team Switching without even thinking about far-reaching implications
  • ProAssassin2003
    3654 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Don't worry the You Tube force will get things changed and ruin BFV like every other Battlefield before.
  • bran1986
    5827 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Sorry if I am sounding irritable but I played some Frontlines on BF1 yesterday and for 3 rounds I was basically one of the "better" players on a team that was being pushed all the way to their base and altering between defending the telegraphs and being killfarmed after that when trying to get back the base after the telegraph one. It was not pretty.

I know exactly how you feel, trust me. Been there, done that. I know just how frustrating that can be. I'm just saying team switching is not a solution for this. On the contrary, it is one of the reasons leading to these situations. I don't mean to rip on you personally, I just have a problem with the general attitude towards the "virtues" of team switching.
    So you suggest I take a page out of those who when their team is being slaughtered just pick a campy vehicle or a long range role and wait out the round to end?

No, I most certainly don't suggest that, though that's still better than switching (if some reason that was possible under those circumstances). If the round/rounds is/are as unbalanced as you describe without no change in power relations, something is amiss. Without team switching, I'm cautiously optimistic that the extreme balancing situations will not be as common in BFV. However, clan stacks will continue to be a problem unless the balancer will be allowed to forcible break parties and place squads on different teams, or they are given tools to do it themselves.

So, in (continued) stomps it's simply better to find a better server by quitting. It's certainly not ideal nor without its issues,
    and I would not be opposed to gradual repercussions upon repeated quitting if need be. However, if the server is hopelessly off-balance without no means of restoring it, the sooner it dies the better for all involved. Note that "server euthanism" doesn't apply to RSP servers, the admins of which need proper tools for manually adjusting team composition (e.g. squad swapping or complete team randomization).
    Me or my clan mates always swift at the beginning of the game if the teams are out of balance and we have in many case also switched to losing teams if there was too much of a difference. Like others in this thread, I think it should be possible at the start, but also to switch to the losing team.

That is great, and I know of a few platoons that do the same (I play occasionally in one, and Dads in particular come to mind). I would have no problems with allowing midround switching to the losing team (with proper provisions to ensure this is indeed the case), but I strongly believe start-of-round switching does far more ill than good. If the round will indeed start going haywire balance-wise, I'm sure switching to the losing side should be possible soon enough (not always of course, but curiously the losing side usually seems to lose people more rapidly). And with the new CQ ticket system, comebacks will be more realistic.

I think a reward for switching to a weaker/losing side would be great . Maybe some extra currency and xp would be a sufficient reward?
  • bran1986 wrote: »

I think a reward for switching to a weaker/losing side would be great . Maybe some extra currency and xp would be a sufficient reward?

the dark side of team switching heavily outweighs all possible positives from it, imo.

The average player will take the freebee spawn advantage or win xp multiplier over some courteous gesture.

• UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Again with team switch arguments? Who cares? It's not in the game, guess we gotta deal. If it's like in BF1 though (constantly getting on the opposite team from your squad) and auto switch while in a squad doesn't work then the game is gonna be DOA for some people. I like to have the option to switch personally and haven't notice people switch sides mid round to "win" I Have no clue how that's seen as a common thing? Maybe it's the midround balancer and that's what does it?
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No problem with this change, since playing with friends still works.

BUT autobalance must function properly and kick in during game aswell. Without that this can create massively unbalanced teams right from start of the map. And there is really no fun playing 32vs20 or 12vs6 etc in a hope that someone will join the server fast.
  • olavafar
    2077 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Generally I'm for the idea. I would like though that one could select team BEFORE rounds like in CS mostly because of that unlock/assignment argument LC made which I think is a valid one.

I also will miss the opportunity to help the balanser a bit by manual switching but I think my clan is kind of rare in the aspect that we move to losing team once in a while. We had an epic turn yesterday when we took all the flags as one team (not just our squad of course) and pushed other team into their spawn. Switched team and managed an extraordinary comeback right at the end of the game. Moments like those makes up for all the losses one gets by switching to lose team. Cannot help being a bit spiteful on the ones one see immediately going to the winning team as you leave it, just to find themselves in the losing side at the end ;).
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1837 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I dont understand the major emphasis on teamplay in this game when we dont get the tools to be able to switch teams in order to join squadmates.
    I foresee a major hassle to join in on clanmembers making it impossible to play together.

How often do you have 4-5 guys joining in on the same game simultanous? NEVER!...
    We are a group of 10-12 players that play regulary but most times we only have 1-2 squads going at the same time because people hop on/off the game according to their own schedules...
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to think that they have systems in place to ensure that people in the same party get to play together, although it might be one where you'd have to wait until the round ends or the teams balance (i.e. someone leaves) for them to be brought over to your team, (if they start out on different teams). Now for multiple squads, it might be more difficult. But then you could always compete.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2038 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think they said you would be able to switch to join people on your friends list. Would be better if that included platoons as you are unlikely to have every platoon random as a 'friend', though as long as they sorted platoons at the start of rounds it wouldnt be too bad.
  • Hawxxeye
    6617 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think they said you would be able to switch to join people on your friends list. Would be better if that included platoons as you are unlikely to have every platoon random as a 'friend', though as long as they sorted platoons at the start of rounds it wouldnt be too bad.
    It will be bad for the other team :P
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Shhhhhh...don't tell them that! You are ruining it! Lol.
  • Hawxxeye

Come on madman...we are not living under a rock...
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Come on madman...we are not living under a rock...

Judging by many comments i have read, alot of them seem to be lol.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    716 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BagAllDay wrote: »
    The only valid reason to switch teams is to join friends so that might be an issue.

The crybabies who can’t take an L will be mad that they can’t switch and catch easy wins.

Wrong. The only valid reason is you get "time and a half" on your score for winning. Take that out, and there will be less of an incentive to team switch.
  • madman001able
    BagAllDay wrote: »
    The only valid reason to switch teams is to join friends so that might be an issue.

The crybabies who can’t take an L will be mad that they can’t switch and catch easy wins.

Wrong. The only valid reason is you get "time and a half" on your score for winning. Take that out, and there will be less of an incentive to team switch.

ERRRR...wrong, please try again later.
  • trip1ex
    5052 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »

I also will miss the opportunity to help the balanser a bit by manual switching but I think my clan is kind of rare in the aspect that we move to losing team once in a while. We had an epic turn yesterday when we took all the flags as one team (not just our squad of course) and pushed other team into their spawn. Switched team and managed an extraordinary comeback right at the end of the game. Moments like those makes up for all the losses one gets by switching to lose team.

I always thought that was dumb. All switching too many players over to the losing side does is imbalance the match the other direction. Switching 5 guys over is a 10 player swing. And will result in a dramatic change in the match.