Server Rental Questions?

GUNNY1966
706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
So many are asking within my community what exactly is the plan in regard to server rental & exactly how does one obtain that information? We would like to have a server up & running A.S.A.P. but not much has been mentioned in regard & also what is the Administrative Tools available? There are going to be numerous questions in regard to this so possibly a locked thread that describes in detail all the specific information. I've also noticed there are tons of post here for other versions & I'm specifically asking for the PC Server Rental!

Comments

• madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.
  • GUNNY1966
    706 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    That's only because you played in a server & didn't know the admins & the players associated with that specific server! If your going to play in a server you should play with friends whom you know & those whom are willing to be not just casual gamers but friends for life! Most of the guys I play with I've personally come to know over the past 8 years. I have some members whom I've played with over 22 years & each I consider good friends! If your from the U.S. or Canada look us up- KILLEM & CHILLEM!
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.

I hope they don't get rid of em, because I want to play some private games with my friends every so often. I did a few 2v1s in BF4 with a couple friends, and they were so fun. I've rarely ever encountered admin abuse, including back in BF3.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GUNNY1966 wrote: »
    That's only because you played in a server & didn't know the admins & the players associated with that specific server! If your going to play in a server you should play with friends whom you know & those whom are willing to be not just casual gamers but friends for life! Most of the guys I play with I've personally come to know over the past 8 years. I have some members whom I've played with over 22 years & each I consider good friends! If your from the U.S. or Canada look us up- KILLEM & CHILLEM!

And this ^^^ mentallity is why they became a problem in the first place.
  • NLBartmaN
    3985 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

And this ^^^ mentallity is why they became a problem in the first place.

What some call abuse, others call admining something in spirit of the way the server was ment to be used ..

If you pay for and set up a server with certain rules and idea behind it and others don't know or care for those rules it may look like abuse, but the admin is just making sure the server is used in the way it was ment to be used.

The whole idea about Rental servers is you can use them the way you want, since you pay for them (within certain limits)

For example:

tonight is the HvZ event and only VIPS are allowed to use guns, the rest can only use certain grenades and a knive.
    Break those rules once and you get kicked, do it again and you get a ban forthe rest of the event.

Same for servers that state they have a ping limit, you will be kicked if you go above that.

Some one that not sees or ignores that "rule" might think it is admin abuse.

Or if some players that rent a server hate (spawn)campers, abusers of certain weapons/tactics or certain other attitude/behaviour.

The biggest "problem" I think is communication about what is allowed/preferred or simply ignoring the "rules".
  • madman001able
    What some call admining others call weapon/vehicle boosting, and kill farming. 😆
  • madman001able
    I will not have a problem with server rentals when dice removes the ability to gain XP, Cc, class levels, weapon levels, and vehicle levels from rented servers.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will not have a problem with server rentals when dice removes the ability to gain XP, Cc, class levels, weapon levels, and vehicle levels from rented servers.

Not gonna happen, lol. You either have to have your settings as a ranked server, or private, which removes XP. I literally only ever play rented servers, because they usually have a map rotation I prefer.
  • NLBartmaN

They can indeed make some limitations on what you can gain (within a round/time period) from rental servers to keep things fair.
  • madman001able
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Not gonna happen, lol. You either have to have your settings as a ranked server, or private, which removes XP. I literally only ever play rented servers, because they usually have a map rotation I prefer.

Well then guess what, they are going to be abused and therefore should not be put in.
  • madman001able
    edited October 2018
    Now with that being said, why do you think dice is being so tight lipped about server rentals? I believe it's got something to do with them stating that there would be nothing in the game that players can pay for that will give them a in-game advantage. Boosting vehicle/weapon/class/Cc levels can give players an in-game advantage. Rented servers give players a paid for, easy way to boost which goes against what dice said. Understand?
    Post edited by madman001able on
  • CrashCA
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Ongoing discussion here:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/142791/bfv-dedicated-servers#latest

Short answer: NO word at all from EA
  • MONEYPYR0

Well then guess what, they are going to be abused and therefore should not be put in.

Whatever you say man. I've literally only ever seen 1 server where 2 guys were boosting, and I put a stop to it, and I've rarely encountered admin abuse, so either you just have bud luck in servers you join, or you hardly play in them, which is whag it seems like.
  • CrashCA
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    madman just go play on Official servers.
  • madman001able
    Now with that being said, why do you think dice is being so tight lipped about server rentals? I believe it's got something to do with them stating that there would be nothing in the game that players can pay for that will give them a in-game advantage. Boosting vehicle/weapon/class levels can give players an in-game advantage. Rented servers give players a paid for, easy way to boost which goes against what dice said. Understand?

Read above ^^^
  • NLBartmaN
    Now with that being said, why do you think dice is being so tight lipped about server rentals? I believe it's got something to do with them stating that there would be nothing in the game that players can pay for that will give them a in-game advantage. Boosting vehicle/weapon/class levels can give players an in-game advantage. Rented servers give players a paid for, easy way to boost which goes against what dice said. Understand?

I think it has more to do with the fact servers can kick high pingers and people with "unwanted" customizations .. and indeed boosting company coins (or whatever it is called) with which you can get stuff others will have to grind a long time or pay for.

But that last part is something they can easily prevent by adding limitations on rental servers.
  • MONEYPYR0

Read above ^^^

And read my statements. You do realize you have to have an active lobby to even start playing, right?
  • madman001able
    Don't hate the player, hate the game...developers lol.
  • madman001able

Read above ^^^

And read my statements. You do realize you have to have an active lobby to even start playing, right?

You do realize that ENTIRE GROUPS would get together to boost, right?
  • MONEYPYR0

Read above ^^^

You do realize that ENTIRE GROUPS would get together to boost, right?

I'm done talking with you man, I'm just getting a headache from this. You do not get my point at all, and I'm done trying to explain it. Don't like rented servers? Don't play them. But don't take away the ability for people to get them.