Server Rental Questions?

Comments

• madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Now with that being said, why do you think dice is being so tight lipped about server rentals? I believe it's got something to do with them stating that there would be nothing in the game that players can pay for that will give them a in-game advantage. Boosting vehicle/weapon/class levels can give players an in-game advantage. Rented servers give players a paid for, easy way to boost which goes against what dice said. Understand?

I think it has more to do with the fact servers can kick high pingers and people with "unwanted" customizations .. and indeed boosting company coins (or whatever it is called) with which you can get stuff others will have to grind a long time or pay for.

But that last part is something they can easily prevent by adding limitations on rental servers.

I agree with the point you made about the Cc. That alone might be why they are not wanting to come out and break some players hearts lol.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    All I've really heard so far is that they probably won't be in the game at launch and that they're working on it. Same as in BF1. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes just as long as BF1 did to get them. I also wouldn't be surprised if they're as basic in terms of options as BF1's were. It's pretty disappointing imo.
  • GUNNY1966
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CrashCA wrote: »
    Ongoing discussion here:

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/142791/bfv-dedicated-servers#latest

Short answer: NO word at all from EA

Thank You as your one of the few whom actually stuck to the title! As for all the discussion around admins & such, we are a COMMUNITY whom screens every player. WHY you ask? SIMPLE: Some people just join in & act like fools & disrespect others, in saying that if you think everyone else is the problem you might find a mirror.
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We have 4 rented servers for BF4 and BF3. We have specific rules. We also DO NOT allow boosting and ban others who do. Our servers are set up so that we can have fun! If stats are your thing don't bother coming in cause **** the server gets you kicked. We have players who are new and all the way to pros. The deal is that we are there to have a great game and alot of fun. WE actually agree to play for fun vs. playing to be the best in the server. General rule, if stats are your thing - go beat the crap out of someone else and come back to have a good time. All , and i do mean ALL our players , are in Teamspeak 3. This enhances the comradery and game play. As I said , we have fun!! Occasionally we have special events to get the Dice's LA camo, or work on Phantom assignments, finding dog tags etc. All our servers are Ranked as well. We follow EA's TOS.
    Bottom line, there are those who abuse, in any setting. You just have to be consistant in following up , and since we have active admin who teach this game as well as play and manage the game, we make rented servers do what they are there for... play the game!
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Answer:

Dq3WS5WWsAAsVpq.jpg
  • CrashCA
    1407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SOON™
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.

Totally agree. Many people abused under the false pretense of "adminnig"
  • Nyaasensei
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Answer:

Dq3WS5WWsAAsVpq.jpg

I find this weird. Game gone gold. It is done.. Why not tell US.... Maybe they are afraid of more withdrawals from pre orders.
  • BagAllDay
    24 postsMember Member
    I once got banned for tea bagging so that made up my mind about rented servers. Absolutely pathetic.
  • NLBartmaN
    4484 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BagAllDay wrote: »
    I once got banned for tea bagging so that made up my mind about rented servers. Absolutely pathetic.

If it was not stated in their rules that was not allowed on their server, I agree with you.

Although I would first kick you with the message: kicked for tea bagging, that is not allowed on this server, see our rules at: (location of rules)

If they had a clear rule: no tea bagging on this server, because we don't like that and we pay for this server, then they had every reason to ban you.

That is the whole idea behind rental servers: who pays decides what is allowed on the server, which maps can be played, which game mode, etc .. .
  • GUNNY1966
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The expectations are often misunderstood as most simply do NOT take the time to read the server !rules entirely. If you join a server you should respect the persons whom pay the rent / lease by at least taking the time to review the rules. Most all BATTLEFIELD3 & BATTLEFIELD4 servers clearly state to type !rules into the chat so you can clearly read what the expectations are. We utilize TeamSpeak3 in all our servers & will continue to do so going forward. I've read all the complaints about how some say Discord Mumble ect. ect. but as a web developer I can honestly say that TeamSpeak3 is NOT CPU intrusive & the codec is ten times better than each of the other VOIP programs. The security issues associated with Discord are the same as the Older version of TeamSpeak but they have improved TeamSpeak3 so far in the past 8 years it's hard to beat the quailty performance not to mention the codec & cpu draw. If your playing a FPS game everyone knows that CPU draw & the codec is the most important factors one needs to consider. Anyway I still would like to hear something in regard to the server rental & when they plan on releasing the rentals! Thank, GUNNY1966
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    We have 4 rented servers - 3 for BF4 and 1 for BF3
    We have rules and do NOT allow boosting or trade killing. Our whole focus is not top of the heap stats but playing to have fun and build commradery within in the community. Our players are everything from brand new to pro's and everything and age in between. They play with balance - everyone has a chance to succeed.
    Play responsibly you are welcome. **** the server you are gone. An empty server is no fun for anyone. We tell players that if your stats are sooo important - go beat up on some other server , come back and have fun.
    We use Teamspeak 3 to help accomplish this, so guys not wanting to join the Teamspeak 3 are not welcome. Over 750 guys do join in hence a good time is had by all. Our Admin are active and TRAINED. By and large this prevents power hungry guys from being abusive. In the training, they partner with a Sr. Admin for a period of time to truly intern, thus helping them learn what is acceptable and what is not.
    We do special events to help guys get their Dice LA camo, find Phantom dogtags etc. but to accomplish assignments and rank weapons, they have to earn it as the game intended, not steal it at someone elses expense.
    Bottom line - there will always be someone who wants to cheat, or do things in a manner not consistant with the game design. It's is up to us in a private server or public, to police the creeps and promote good gaming. Just because someone may shoplift does not mean a store closes, they hire security, and train their employees. Most groups that rent servers care about the game and how things are run. As a result - while some may have had unfortunate experiences... there are still good servers out there.
  • Raif71
    Getting back to Gunny1966's question - would really like to know what is the plan for rented servers....

for me, having had terrible terrible experiences on EA servers - buying the game is not worth it if we can't play.
    Joining to constantly get destroyed by hacks is not my idea of a fun time.
    Spending $80 or any amount of money to "not" be able to play is money I choose NOT to waste.
    Games are too expensive to buy and then have a miserable time. so, rented servers at least to a greater degree promote better gaming within the community.
    I would really like to see them continue in BFV. Like they have been in BF4. It is THE BEST way to promote this game that I know.
  • Raif71
    going back to the "rules" thing - one of the Main reasons we require guys to come in to the Teamspeak 3 is because when they do - we share the rules with them at that time, and address any questions that they might have. We don't want to have to kick players - so making sure they know what is expected, solves a lot of drama. Being able to communicate - talk with people is important , but do remember - there are those who come in and expect that they are they can play however they want.... and they can, on someone elses server.
    We pay to be able to play in a good way. We pay to keep the bully's and hacks out!

EA want to make more money??? Make rented servers available like they are in BF4.
    Keep 24/7 , iStats, PBscreens, Metabans around - that helps regulate in a huge way! which means great gaming and good servers, which means more sales because people will want to play.
  • Mordred_xz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Those of you who are against RSP, seriously need to stop playing in them then. You know how many times I've been kicked? Usually take it as a compliment because I was dumping on everyone. I can't fathom why you people don't just play official. And what game are you playing? Honestly I haven't been kicked in years. Early BF4 days atleast.
    And get over it. If you contentiously get kicked it's your fault for joining a RSP. There is options for people who don't like RSP so stay out of it. If you don't like them you can play official. We like them and if they get rid of them then there is no Competitive BF. All the leagues, all the tournaments, the fun charity and community events we throw will be destroyed. And there is no other option like you guys have the option to just play official. You know how easy that is? Now bug off.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.

Feel free to only join official DICE servers. The fact is that private servers have been part of the Battlefield experience for over a decade and those are the servers that allow to you play your favorite Battlefield titles years after their end of life. Private servers and their associated communities are a huge asset to the Battlefield player base.

Ok then make all RSPs unranked while there are Offical servers availible.
  • CrashCA
    1407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Why ?
  • CrashCA
    edited November 2018
  • orangebionic
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What some call admining others call weapon/vehicle boosting, and kill farming. 😆

exactly that.