Origin Access Premier - Only way to play BFV first?

Comments

• Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Premier is best deal EA did in years for players. For 100 euros i got BF5 deluxe for 1 year (which normaly costs 80) + i got Anthem Deluxe and other 160 games (All BF games, All Battlefronts, Titan Fall games, Mass Effect series, Dragon Age series and tons of others + all upcoming new EA games aswell).

Plus early access to all new EA titles, plus all DLCs for all new EA titles.

I mean moment you are interested in 2+ games from the collection its best buy you can do.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    883 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Early access is the bait for a subscription service to EA right?

Forget that.

• TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Early access is the bait for a subscription service to EA right?

Forget that.

Why does everything always have to be negative? It’s an option. Bait. Lmfao.

I wouldn’t subscribe to it, but I’m not over here crying about it.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It's always better to own than to rent something. No matter what it is.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mystriall wrote: »
    It's always better to own than to rent something. No matter what it is.
    Is it? I subscribe to EA Access. I enjoy sports games, but not enough to own them. It’s $30 per year and I can get my 10-hour fill of EA’s sports games when they release. I download the game, play the 10 hours, uninstall and never think about the game again.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Al3xDaS0uL wrote: »
    Its stupid, thats what it is, and yeah I agree, EA trying to grab as much money as possible from us players... ONE release date for all!

If you haven't noticed what is going on in the world with online access to companies' content, lots of companies are moving toward subscription services. They all need to distinguish themselves in some manner to hook people into paying for their subscription plan.

EA is no different than other company. If you play two or more EA games a year and always get them day 1, $100 seems like a good deal to me. Early Access is a nice bonus to go with it. Their hook for their subscription plan. Nothing wrong with it.

It's a business. They need to compete and make money. Don't like their business model, don't buy their product.

Every game I see offered now a days has some kind of hook to them to pay more for the game and additional benefits. Even more if you happened to have the right gaming system. Complain all you want but it is the way gaming is today.

The onky way to vote against things is with your wallet. And most people don't seem to be bothered by how things are currently.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Make sure all you beta testers reply with all of the launch problems before it hits the 15th.

So you got the Deluxe Edition too? ;D

Yeah but on PS4 I paid it off the other day.
  • GrizzGolf
    965 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Next Week!!!!!!
  • haumissedme
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    Strange, I’m pretty sure I played BF1 since day one. Maybe BF1 Premium (I have always pre-ordered Premium) owners got acces to the game early as well?

They should give early access to Deluxe owners.

They do.
    Ea access get to start the 10 Hour Trial on the 11th
    Deluxe edition gets it on the 16th.
    Global Launch on the 19th

**** You EA
  • TEKNOCODE
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    Strange, I’m pretty sure I played BF1 since day one. Maybe BF1 Premium (I have always pre-ordered Premium) owners got acces to the game early as well?

They should give early access to Deluxe owners.

They do.
    Ea access get to start the 10 Hour Trial on the 11th
    Deluxe edition gets it on the 16th.
    Global Launch on the 19th

**** You EA

Your tears. So good.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12852 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @haumissedme
    Don’ts
    Doing something on this list often can get you suspended, or sometimes even banned.

Curse or swear.
    Don't try to get away with it by using symbols in place of letters, too. We all k*** what you're trying to s**.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/137240/battlefield-forum-rules-and-guidelines

• InfiniteJesse
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I realize EA wants to push Origin Access, but if one were to pony up the cash and preorder the deluxe version of Battlefield 5 they should have access to the game on the same day as Origin Access Premier subscribers.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I realize EA wants to push Origin Access, but if one were to pony up the cash and preorder the deluxe version of Battlefield 5 they should have access to the game on the same day as Origin Access Premier subscribers.

You won't get any argument from me on that. However, EA values their subscription service more than people buying hard copies of their games. Why? Because "subscribers" are a tangible flow of cash that can be monitored. That's what it's all about, being able to SEE their bottom line more clearly, which will make it easier for them to entice investors.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    However they are actively trying to get the extra cash through extra playtime and that is scamming the trusting and loyal people.

No, I'm sorry, but it isn't. They aren't "scamming" anyone. I don't think you know what that word means...
  • VincentNZ
    2709 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    However they are actively trying to get the extra cash through extra playtime and that is scamming the trusting and loyal people.

No, I'm sorry, but it isn't. They aren't "scamming" anyone. I don't think you know what that word means...

Yeah I bloody well know what it means. Call it deceit, rip-off, swindle. I wanted to use a more elaborate word. How else but cheated are you supposed to feel, when you pre-ordered the game in good will a couple of weeks or even months ago, because you believe in the franchise and genuinely like the game? If you wanted to include the crowd that finde the game polarizing there would have been no need to give them another week of Early Access.
    They are speculating that more players will rent the game for a month on top of their investment, and that is just wrong. You do not kick you friends in the nuts after they invited you to dinner.
  • Carbonic
    1322 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Just leaving these here in case they might help people:
    bfvreleasewhentoplaything.jpg

preloadtimes.jpg
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    Carbonic wrote: »
    Just leaving these here in case they might help people:
    bfvreleasewhentoplaything.jpg

preloadtimes.jpg

Actually, that does help. I was wondering when pre-loads started. Thank you.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    edited November 2018

Yeah I bloody well know what it means. Call it deceit, rip-off, swindle. I wanted to use a more elaborate word.

Okay, but that isn't what's happening. You are seriously taking this WAAAAY too personally. Like, too an unhealthy degree.
  • R1VERDAN
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ok. Please forgive me. I am an old guy who sometimes needs help with simple things.
    If I get EA access it only lets me play for 10 hours starting on Nov.9th? After that 10 hours elapes I will have to wait until Nov.15th to continue playing. (BF:V deluxe preorder)

Thanks.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    R1VERDAN wrote: »
    Ok. Please forgive me. I am an old guy who sometimes needs help with simple things.
    If I get EA access it only lets me play for 10 hours starting on Nov.9th? After that 10 hours elapes I will have to wait until Nov.15th to continue playing. (BF:V deluxe preorder)

Thanks.

this is correct. EDIT: but if you get the premier, you will get full access for the whole month. What I'm unsure of is if you will have to start over once the month has passed and you start playing your deluxe edition. or if you will keep the progression you've made.