Weekly Debrief

why not re release the old titles with better graphics and the Frostbite 3 engine

DERPINATOR1237
0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
My friend and I love the Battlefield series but with all of the backlash that Dice and EA are getting for BFV, we still support you guys. We thought that why not go back to the good old days with re-releasing the old titles such as 1942,1943,2142, BF2, BF3, BFBC and BFBC2 with new graphics and the Frostbite 3 Engine for those titles. It would get new Battlefield players to appreciate the hard work that Dice and EA have done for us to enjoy high quality First Person Shooters based on certain events or in the futuristic battles in 2142. I want to get this message through everybody within Dice and EA to see if they value the consumer's feedback on their product. If they feel like this can help, I want their reply on this discussion to show that our voices are heard. Thanks for the great years Dice and EA, keep up the good work and please reply.

Comments

• ProAssassin2003
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like Battlefield 3 remastered.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13091 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Moved to off topic
  • rudolfreal
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If Dice is going to remaster any previous BF games. I bet 2142 would be on the top of the list.

We already got BFV for WWII so no reason to remaster 1942,1943 and BF2 any time soon. BF3, BC, BC2, BF4 I believe all based on Frostbite engine already. That leaves 2142 as the only game to remaster. :smiley:
  • Tovarisch_Maxim
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    If we're talking about remasters, I would love to see those to be remastered; Battlefield 2, Bad Company 2 or Battlefield 3.
  • Tactical_wizzzeR
    312 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 3 remastered for PS4 and Xbox One is a no brainer for EA and DICE, they don't have to put too much effort into it, since BF3 was already an 8th gen game with it's PC version.

all they have to do is release a 1080p, 60fps, 45Hz server with 64 players. 30$ game, with all the DLC for PS4 and Xbox One, let. there is no need to make BF3 remastered for PC, since PC's version of BF3 is already ahead of it's time, and if they could, they could just update the tick rate for PC and maybe ad another patch.
    the console players need to play Battlefield 3 the way it is meant to be played.

now it's not the time, since such a project would suck all the oxygen out of Battlefield V, but maybe somwhere along the line of summer next year- make an announcement on E3 and release it immediately.

it would sell millions, the hype would be absurd, the servers would probably crash, but to hell with it, it would be worth it. when was the last time EA did something that managed to get people hyped in E3?
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    168 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    i am going to make money....
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1329 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    Battlefield 3 remastered for PS4 and Xbox One is a no brainer for EA and DICE, they don't have to put too much effort into it, since BF3 was already an 8th gen game with it's PC version.

all they have to do is release a 1080p, 60fps, 45Hz server with 64 players. 30$ game, with all the DLC for PS4 and Xbox One, let. there is no need to make BF3 remastered for PC, since PC's version of BF3 is already ahead of it's time, and if they could, they could just update the tick rate for PC and maybe ad another patch.
    the console players need to play Battlefield 3 the way it is meant to be played.

now it's not the time, since such a project would suck all the oxygen out of Battlefield V, but maybe somwhere along the line of summer next year- make an announcement on E3 and release it immediately.

it would sell millions, the hype would be absurd, the servers would probably crash, but to hell with it, it would be worth it. when was the last time EA did something that managed to get people hyped in E3?

There are 2 DICE studios though. DICE LA could work on updating graphics and whatnot for a remastered BF3. I don't know any details of how DICE divvies up the work, but from the outside it seems like Sweden does the main work for the titles, while LA does support and eventually takes over patching and DLC after a couple months after release. That's what happened with BF4 and BF1 at least.

They also do a lot of collab work with Criterion and Visceral. And to make a case for Visceral, Hardline wasn't a bad game, it just didn't fit the Battlefield theme for many players.

If there was a BF3 remaster I'd dump BFV in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even mind of weapon and player camos were micro transactions.

EDIT: Didn't realize that you meant it was possible just not a good time. Basically disregard my post.
  • TheSaviorSix
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's not as simple as taking a game and giving it a new engine.
  • Vespervin
    1334 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Sounds good to me. I still play BF3 on the Xbox One and I wish it was the same as max settings BF3 on the PC. I would be happy with that. And it would be nice if everyone had the DLC as well because I am tired of mostly playing the launch maps.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3366 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would buy a Remastered BF3 in a second. Never got to experience it with 64 players as I played on Console. They would make so much money.