Weekly BF

Attrition system

AndresPerRod
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
What are your opinions on this new attrition system? I personally think you receive very small amount of initial ammo

Comments

• Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it's good. I don't feel there's too little ammo at the start, and you can easily enough get more, sometimes in main, if not then on the first flag and/or along some of the paths on the map. Or if your team has supports that do their job you'll get it from them. Ammo has never been as available as it is in BFV.

• AndresPerRod
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Mystriall wrote: »
    I think it's good. I don't feel there's too little ammo at the start, and you can easily enough get more, sometimes in main, if not then on the first flag and/or along some of the paths on the map. Or if your team has supports that do their job you'll get it from them. Ammo has never been as available as it is in BFV.

But, other players are not really that relyable, and also, I don’t want to run to an ammo crate every time, in the beta, I had to do it after I killed 4 other players, it deviates you form playing the objective
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1835 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There's already been a HUGE discussion about the Attrition system. Use the "search" function next time please instead of opening a thread about an already discussed topic:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/159607/attrition-video-levelcap/p23

At this point I´m confused if OP is talking about the Open Beta Attrition system or if he somehow magical has been able to test the updated Attrition system which Dice has been working on towards the release...?
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »
    There's already been a HUGE discussion about the Attrition system. Use the "search" function next time please instead of opening a thread about an already discussed topic:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/159607/attrition-video-levelcap/p23

At this point I´m confused if OP is talking about the Open Beta Attrition system or if he somehow magical has been able to test the updated Attrition system which Dice has been working on towards the release...?

Regardless, every single point that could be covered about the Attrition system pretty much has been in that posted thread.
  • ElliotLH
    8526 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mystriall wrote: »

But, other players are not really that relyable, and also, I don’t want to run to an ammo crate every time, in the beta, I had to do it after I killed 4 other players, it deviates you form playing the objective

How come you were not able to resupply from the ammo those enemies dropped? Did others players beat you to it or something?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think it is a necessary addition but I guess we have to live with it. At least if Dice decides to do something about that one day.
  • Noodlesocks
    3034 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should give everyone more ammo but bring bag mag loading instead of ammo pool. That way everyone gets more ammo to begin with but they still have to be conservative with how they use it.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally don't like attrition and think it belongs in hard core instead of core. DICE is tweaking it but I'd rather they just remove it from core and give us the Battlefield experience that we've had for many years.

The worst thing about attrition is the fact that even Dice admits it's been made to punish good players while regular potatoes won't feel big differences. Which is a bad way to make a game if you ask me. I just hope there will be lots of complaints on release and things will be tweaked even further.
  • Assassin_Jennika
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    What are your opinions on this new attrition system? I personally think you receive very small amount of initial ammo

For Hp regeneration: going into direction of doing all healing manually between engagements is what I would like from system. Resource management through supply stations and personal first aid pouches like ammo and equipment are managed.

For ammo reserves: I would keep "normal" starting ammo reserves of past games without extra ammo/explosive/equipment perks. Added depth to ammo management would be instead applied by quick dumping reloads and ammo saving long reloads.

It could go even further IMO with partial use of first aid pouches for quick regeneration (holding down key/button for full regen) and with "crafting" of half empty magazines into one fully one but that would maybe too much management for pacing of gameplay.
  • I like attrition. I am more smart than skilled, so it plays to my strengths.

Also, I love how it punishes bad squads in every way. The teams with a good support and medic will run over everyone until everyone else responds accordingly.

I like this a lot better than assault and iron sight sniper spam that was in BF1. teamwork was superficial only and only occurred on the explosive spam maps where everyone was getting their points no matter what.

As much as people will say teamwork won't happen, most of the rooms will have good squads who are running you over, and you will complain endlessly about it.
  • rainkloud
    548 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I personally don't like attrition and think it belongs in hard core instead of core. DICE is tweaking it but I'd rather they just remove it from core and give us the Battlefield experience that we've had for many years.

The worst thing about attrition is the fact that even Dice admits it's been made to punish good players while regular potatoes won't feel big differences. Which is a bad way to make a game if you ask me. I just hope there will be lots of complaints on release and things will be tweaked even further.

A thoroughly revolting lie and the absence of source to back that statement up should be enough for a moderator to take action against you. Spreading false info with the intent of promoting a gameplay preference is craven and reprehensible and does nothing but have a detrimental effect on the community. The attrition system is designed to better reflect a battlefield experience and, more importantly, reduce the impact of damage negation. Your ability to sponge damage will be reduced and you will no longer be able to simply ignore damage you have sustained. There will be sufficient consequences whereas there was a dearth before.

This is all about valuation. The ability of someone to kill was WAAAAAAY overvalued when compared to the ability to wound which was comparatively undervalued. Wounds could quickly be negated which not only clashed with the theme but also wasn't an accurate valuation of the damage inflicted by one player to another. To remedy this you could either a) make death less detrimental by say reducing the spawn timer or allowing the dead to become zombies and thus retain some utility or B) Do the only common sense rational thing which is to institute a system that better reflected and valued the impact of wounding someone by reducing their defensive (not offensive mind you) capabilities until such time as they have taken what are very reasonable steps to recover health.

It's an extraordinarily simple but elegant system that bridges the gap between cartoonish and sim. It drives home the idea that this is a TEAM game and as such you have to rely on teammates to a certain extent. No one should have any illusions to the contrary or objections to the fact, upon dropping into a ww2 inspired game, that teamwork will be essential to victory.
  • pinchylillobster
    972 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    It will likely be the reason I don't buy BFV.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    People complaining about Attrition have likely never played Hardcore in BF3/4. Attrition is like, Hardcore Lite. So I love it, it's more fun to me since I only play Hardcore in BF4. Heck, even my friend who isn't a great player likes the Attrition system more than Normal mode in BF4.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2971 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it will get removed in a few months after release.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I think it will get removed in a few months after release.

e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    rainkloud wrote: »

A thoroughly revolting lie and the absence of source to back that statement up should be enough for a moderator to take action against you. Spreading false info with the intent of promoting a gameplay preference is craven and reprehensible and does nothing but have a detrimental effect on the community. The attrition system is designed to better reflect a battlefield experience and, more importantly, reduce the impact of damage negation. Your ability to sponge damage will be reduced and you will no longer be able to simply ignore damage you have sustained. There will be sufficient consequences whereas there was a dearth before.

Are you being serious, son?
    https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5
  • MONEYPYR0
    rainkloud wrote: »

Are you being serious, son?
    https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/attrition-system-battlefield-5

The guy he's responding to said DICE said the system punishes good players, while average players wont notice, which is false, and that article says nothing like that. The closest is says to that is, and I quote directly from the article;

"In fact, if you’re new to Battlefield, you might not even notice the Attrition system; chances are you’ll die before you run out of ammo. New players won’t be punished by the Attrition system, but advanced players need to apply some additional tactical thinking with the slightly raised skill ceiling."

Thats just stating that the game will require more thought and strategy compared to the previous games, NOT that it will "punish" veteran players. And then new players, having not played a Battlefield game before, wont have any past experience with BFs gameplay from previous titles.

Again, NOWHERE in that article does it say "Attrition is designed to punish more skilled players from previous Battlefield games".
  • people think skilled players will play worse, but I doubt it. skilled players are also usually the smart players. the bad players will take forever to learn flanking and will just get run over by the ttk.

i gaurantee everyone will perform proportionally to their last BF, relative to where the game is in its lifespan.