Server Rental Questions?

Comments

  • BagAllDay
    24 postsMember Member
    CrashCA wrote: »

    Your not a mod. Stop acting like one,no one cares what you say

  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    While most players that rent a server have good intentions there are groups out there that abuse them every chance they get. I would just like dice to implement a way to prevent these groups from being to able exploit the servers to quickly gain a in game advantage. Easier said than done, i know.
  • Mordred_xz
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    Why do you care so much? Seriously? I'm tired of a couple bad apples ruining something majority of the community loves. I've played BF for 8 years straight on a competitive level. Played with some of the best players. And I've only ran into people boosting a couple of times. And that was in the BF3 days. Its super easy to spot boosters by looking at their stats. It's so easy you have no idea. There was a time in BF3 where tons of Col 100's got reset due to suspicious stats. It was nemesis kills being in the 1,000's in just one game.

    Tons of people got banned and reset. So it's very rare it happens. I think you idea of boosting is completely different than what actually boosting is. If you are talking about an entire group of friends using admin rights to switch their friends over to play the game and stack basically stat padding. Then there is nothing you can do about that. It's how the game was meant to be played. Seriously. Go play official I can't seem to fathom why you are arguing so much about something that rarely happens anymore and doesn't affect you at all.
  • madman001able
    611 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The first two sentences in your second paragraph contradict each other. You say very few did this in the past, but "tons" of people got reset and banned. Which of these comments is true? I know which one it is.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Why is boosting even relevant? Seriously, who gives a damn if someone is cheating their stats. It has absolutely no bearing on you.

    Even if they're using it to complete challenges, it's not like it's difficult to complete challenges without boosting.

    I'd gladly take the benefits of a more robust BF community with properly admin controlled servers and community servers that I could frequent and run into "friendly faces" on at the expense of some people boosting. Community servers are what keeps a game alive during times when new content releases are lacking. At least half the reason I played CSS for so long was because I knew I could jump in on one of my favorite servers and end up playing with a bunch of my friends who also frequented that server. And if a hacker joined, they were gone almost immediately if an admin was present. Or I'd just contact one of the admins on my friends list to deal with it.
  • ragnarok013
    3914 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2018
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.

    Feel free to only join official DICE servers. The fact is that private servers have been part of the Battlefield experience for over a decade and those are the servers that allow to you play your favorite Battlefield titles years after their end of life. Private servers and their associated communities are a huge asset to the Battlefield player base.

    Ok then make all RSPs unranked while there are Offical servers availible.

    They don't need to, RSP servers have been removed from quick match since BF4 so people don't unwittingly join them. Making them unranked would kill them off entirely since kids nowadays need to chase a carrot on a stick and then the game dies early and people cry on the forums about not being able to find a game which is the same result as removing RSP in the first place.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.

    Feel free to only join official DICE servers. The fact is that private servers have been part of the Battlefield experience for over a decade and those are the servers that allow to you play your favorite Battlefield titles years after their end of life. Private servers and their associated communities are a huge asset to the Battlefield player base.

    Ok then make all RSPs unranked while there are Offical servers availible.

    They don't need to, RSP servers have been removed from quick match since BF4 so people don't unwittingly join them. Making them unranked would kill them off entirely since kids nowadays need to chase a carrot on a stick and then the game dies early and people cry on the forums about not being able to find a game which is the same result as removing RSP in the first place.

    That would be true if quick match actually worked.

    And why would it kill them off if it is unranked? I mean you want to play 24/7 Shanghai because you love playing in a chopper right? Not to boost your K/D and other stats because you can play a Chopper friendly map and have no lock-on rules, right?
  • UraniumReaper
    594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.

    The thing is the people actually rent them so to me they should get tools to set the match up the way they like. If you don't like certain rules, leave the server. I know I did a lot back in BF3 and sometimes in BF4 when admins had stupid rules about things. But my favorite servers have always been custom rented ones. In BF4 playing hardcore on PS4 I played on Capt. ****'s Shoot em up server and that was a great time!
  • GUNNY1966
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.

    Feel free to only join official DICE servers. The fact is that private servers have been part of the Battlefield experience for over a decade and those are the servers that allow to you play your favorite Battlefield titles years after their end of life. Private servers and their associated communities are a huge asset to the Battlefield player base.

    WOW <--- Someone FINALLY gets it! Thank You regnarok013, I'm impressed as you are the ONLY moderator whom has the "****" to stand up for what the communities actually stand for! I for one give you 100,000 kudos for that comment!
    Mordred_xz wrote: »
    Those of you who are against RSP, seriously need to stop playing in them then. You know how many times I've been kicked? Usually take it as a compliment because I was dumping on everyone. I can't fathom why you people don't just play official. And what game are you playing? Honestly I haven't been kicked in years. Early BF4 days atleast.
    And get over it. If you contentiously get kicked it's your fault for joining a RSP. There is options for people who don't like RSP so stay out of it. If you don't like them you can play official. We like them and if they get rid of them then there is no Competitive BF. All the leagues, all the tournaments, the fun charity and community events we throw will be destroyed. And there is no other option like you guys have the option to just play official. You know how easy that is? Now bug off.

    Most simply don't bother to READ the !rules when they join RSP servers nor do they care! As for farming I could honestly care less due to the fact I've witnessed even some of the HIGHEST ranked "So Called" Professional players do it! I don't honestly care how they play the game so long as they DON'T HACK <--- That's what pizzes me off!
  • Axlerod1
    1395 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    You know, it is kind of funny that since the early early release of BFV, EA stock prices have gone down. Since July they have actually lost $60 per share.



    EA needs to let DICE give us what we as players want.
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Playing in a private server with active admin - awesome!! The whole premise of playing a game that you PAY for should be certain expectations which went out the window years ago. I get those expectations met in the RSP servers. I play with guys that become friends and family. No, we don't support boosting or trade killing, but we have some awesome gameplay AND I have learned more about playing this game than i ever did in an "Official" server . Do guys get kicked , yes from time to time, most often they didn't read the rules... one guy told me " Rules? I don't care about rules, I just wanna play the game" . Well, because of the "rules" we have an awesome time!! everyone is on the same page and having fun!!!
  • GUNNY1966
    708 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And as to be expected still no answer on the SERVER RENTAL! It is with regret that most of the gaming communities are excited to get their servers set up & figure out the so-called new BFVDB which I'm already certain it's gonna be a flop but hey, at this point nothing would surprise us! Get it together guys WTH!
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »

    I'd gladly take the benefits of a more robust BF community with properly admin controlled servers and community servers that I could frequent and run into "friendly faces" on at the expense of some people boosting. Community servers are what keeps a game alive during times when new content releases are lacking. At least half the reason I played CSS for so long was because I knew I could jump in on one of my favorite servers and end up playing with a bunch of my friends who also frequented that server. And if a hacker joined, they were gone almost immediately if an admin was present. Or I'd just contact one of the admins on my friends list to deal with it.


    very true!!! would love a $1 for every person I have heard that from!!
    Reality is these games rise or fall BASED UPON COMMUNITY!
    Lone Strangers are a dime a dozen, seldom stick around, seldom bring anything beneficial to the game.
    Server Rental keeps a game alive!
  • Raif71
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    how shocking that we are now loosing players from the game... I have heard from 6 different players that when there are private servers they will come back since the hacking is unchecked.
    I really hope DICE gets the message and EA listens to the base -
    WANT TO MAKE MONEY N THIS GAME?? HAVE PRIVATE SERVERS!!!!! Oh, yes, that we control and monitor.
    (No one will pay for servers that they can not regulate, just sayin)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.
    As someone said here recently, there were a lot more abusive players than there were abusive admins. In all the years I played BF games amounting to thousands of hours, I only found a handful of servers where I knew I wouldn't be returning because of the admins. But I had scores of servers in my favorites list that were well run and had good admins. One of them was a place where one DICE dev played often, he said that server was run exactly the way he liked a server to be run. Of all the folks I played with the only two ever banned had asked for it, behaved like jerks to the point where the admins had enough and got rid of them and were quite right to do so. So in my extensive experience admin abuse was not rampant, it was actually quite rare and when found there was a simple solution--don't play that server again. Seems so simple, yet there is always someone who figures that because he encountered "badmins" (and there is so often another side to that story) there should be no rented servers at all even if rented servers were the backbone of the BF franchise for most of the game's history.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    I would be happy if they got rid of them. They were misused way to often, and admin abuse was rampant in every bf game that allowed server rental.

    I hope they don't get rid of em, because I want to play some private games with my friends every so often. I did a few 2v1s in BF4 with a couple friends, and they were so fun. I've rarely ever encountered admin abuse, including back in BF3.

    Some of the most enjoyable servers I ever played had custom formats, and they were very popular servers too where it was often necessary to wait in queue to get in. Private servers are also necessary if there is going to be any kind of competitive scene as teams need servers where they can practice and scrim with other teams, and where leagues and tournaments can be staged. All that goes away without rented serves, but the kiddies with behavior issues don't like servers with admins because they get kicked when they act like brats. Most of us had no problems with the same admins however, imagine that.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What some call admining others call weapon/vehicle boosting, and kill farming. 😆

    I only saw a few servers where that was happening and the solution was easy--don't play there anymore. If you see the home clan boosting, report them to EA and don't return to that server, how hard can that be? Not returning to that server means what they're doing there has zero impact on you, so why would you care?
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now with that being said, why do you think dice is being so tight lipped about server rentals? I believe it's got something to do with them stating that there would be nothing in the game that players can pay for that will give them a in-game advantage. Boosting vehicle/weapon/class/Cc levels can give players an in-game advantage. Rented servers give players a paid for, easy way to boost which goes against what dice said. Understand?

    Even if that were true (and it isn't), why do you care? How does someone using his server to boost his scores hurt you? Is it some kind of race, first guy to a million points gets a free car?

    I've played a lot of hours of BF and only seen a handful of servers I wouldn't return to because of bad admins. But I found lots of good rented servers to put in my favorites list, places with fair rules and good admins, places where it was fun to play almost every day. But you figure all that should be swept away because you can't sleep at night over some folks using their servers to boost? What a joke.
  • SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can be sure that virtually every player saying they don't what rented servers has been a complete **** on rented servers in the past and got themselves banned for it :)
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BagAllDay wrote: »
    I once got banned for tea bagging so that made up my mind about rented servers. Absolutely pathetic.

    So if I come to your house and slap your wife, kick your dog and put my feet on the dining room table even when you ask me not to do those things, you wouldn't tell me to leave? Yeah, right.

    A rented server is private property, their roof=their rules. If you don't like their rules, don't play there, how hard is that to understand? There were Official serves where the operators had almost no ability to move or kick players etc., all you had to do was play there and you wouldn't be kicked no matter how childish your behavior was. If you think you can do whatever you please whenever and wherever you please, life has some uncomfortable surprises in store for you.
Sign In or Register to comment.