BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Ferdinand_J_Foch
    3304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have an idea ... why not add a 'report' feature to a BF3/4 style RSP? If that's done, servers run by badmins could be reported, DICE could investigate every report, and then act accordingly; servers following EA's TOS, even if they're being silly with rules, can stay, but those breaking the TOS get removed. Servers with excessive badmins, boosting servers and flagrunning servers would all get banned, and only mostly reasonable servers would get to thrive. Maybe they should also allow BF1942 style servers, so it would be easier to run custom servers, which would end up increasing the amount of reasonable servers.

Once in a while, I would find a decent admin running a server. Sure, it wouldn't be as common as everyone else here is insisting it is (in my personal experience) but they weren't impossible to find. I have a feeling that players like Ravic and Relaa would not like custom servers that much ... they seem to get banned pretty much constantly.
  • Horseysaur
    11 postsMember Member
    ElStryfe wrote: »
    It's sad to see such a good franchise go down the toilet in a few short years. The RSP system we had with Battlefield 2 and on worked just fine and kept money in EA's pockets for years. The fact that Battlefield 1 had a broken RSP and took MONTHS after release to implement (I mean putting a server custom when you change the amount of players to start a round??? seriously???) Or the fact EA caters to the toxic community members that love to hack, use racism/bigotry. I got kicked for being toxic, let me go complain to EA about that bad admin. Mind blowing. Who ever said this said it best... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Give us back the old system we had and you'll have a lot better sales on PC and a lot of happy LOYAL gamers that have invested thousands of dollars into your product. And to top it off, this is the first time I started searching for RSP for BFV and I already knew what I would find.

For the most part, I agree with you. However, in my experience, I believe that ProCon and some of its plugins were partially responsible for some players crying, “badmin”.

With certain plugins arbitrarily using kick and kill punishments on players, without allowing them to discuss or plead their case, I can see why ProCon dug it’s own grave. Don’t get me wrong....I love ProCon as much as any BF admin out there, but in order to fix this problem, we must see things from both sides. I have seen for myself the unintended consequences of my dependence on these ProCon plugins.
    On the other hand, I still detest the numerous cheaters and racists out there who are now getting a free ride. EA bears responsibility for letting this scourge infest the game.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Custom servers have point only if they will show in matchmaking auto search. Or it will end up same as with BF1.
  • Axlerod1
    1372 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited October 2018
    Well with lack of features and all the stuff EA/ DICE is doing here what Wall Street Thinks of EA.

Electronic Arts Downgraded - Do not buy

https://www.barrons.com/articles/el...by-analyst-who-admits-he-was-wrong-1540831621

https://nmsunews.com/2018/10/30/now-in-hurry-up-and-wait-mode-electronic-arts-inc-ea/

https://www.zacks.com/stock/quote/EA

I guess it is no wonder, the heads at EA are selling their shares off.
  • Excuse me if I write things already said but the pages are so many to read them all.
    What interests me to highlight on this subject is that it is too many years that the EA does not enforce the TOS and in all the games I've seen I've always found admin dominees sure of their impunity.
    Not just to kick those who did not make them comfortable but arrogant to impose their rules.
    And even in this same forum I read people who believe that an "OFFICIAL" server ... since it is paid ... both as a personal home and can impose the rules they want.
    This is a mess that the EA should stop!
    Even in your house you CAN'T do what you want, there are always the laws of the country where you live, and the rules of civilization and hospitality.
    And a game server is NOT a "personal" place, but a "public" place that you rent for a public service!
    It is NOT your home, even if you pay the rent!
    Beyond this ...
    If you want an official server, with the official ranking, the rules MUST be the official ones!
    Do you want to play with your personal rules, do you pay a server for this?
    OK ... but the ranking will be your personal one, NOT the official one!
    Otherwise it is like renting a football field, organizing a series of games with personal rules and claiming to participate in the FIFA World Championships prizes.
    DOES NOT EXIST !
    Your rules, your ranking!
    You want the "official" ranking, use the "official" rules (In Battlefield they are the TOS and that's it!)
    And it would be time for the EA to stop (even to make money) to allow this without even more the opportunity to report the violations ... with a remarkable growth of the Stat-Padding servers clear and declared!
    This situation is also an indication of the seriousness of a company that sells and distributes video games.

Greetings and I hope this bad situation ends once and for all.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Well with lack of features and all the stuff EA/ DICE is doing here what Wall Street Thinks of EA.

Electronic Arts Downgraded - Do not buy

https://www.barrons.com/articles/el...by-analyst-who-admits-he-was-wrong-1540831621

https://nmsunews.com/2018/10/30/now-in-hurry-up-and-wait-mode-electronic-arts-inc-ea/

https://www.zacks.com/stock/quote/EA

I guess it is no wonder, the heads at EA are selling their shares off.

Did you read your links?

Quote from one:

"At the moment, there are a total of 28 analysts who cover Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ:EA) stock. Among that group, 13 of them gave BUY ratings, 12 of them rated the stock as OUTPERFORM, 3 recommended it as HOLD, 0 set the rating at UNDERPERFORM and 0 rated it as a SELL. Looking at the big picture from the data above, the average analyst rating for Electronic Arts Inc. is 1.80."

Note in the shareholders meeting they performed better than expected in the second quarter. I don't know what that third link is smoking....but here are some more known links that say different:
    https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/EA/
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/stockdetails/analysis/fi-126.1.EA.NAS

You really have a serious agenda issue.
  • FriendlyFyre_tv
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    After what happened with BF1, I'd prefer there to not be "Custom" servers. I stopped playing on the Hardcore servers and started playing the Weekly maps/modes in preparation for BFV, and I don't feel I'm missing out on anything.

I actually like that BFV has a faster TTK, which removes the "need" for Hardcore servers. I also like that the Beta had an improved "Mission" system which actually had me interested in more types of play. I also feel that the game could have a longer life if -some- of the play base wasn't huddled in custom server corners of the game.
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like all community functions are delayed, Platoons are not available at the launch either.
    I bought Origin Premiere so I can play BFV at the launch but I will look how long I continue it if nothing happens.
  • Muzzy2222
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    Looks like all community functions are delayed, Platoons are not available at the launch either.
    I bought Origin Premiere so I can play BFV at the launch but I will look how long I continue it if nothing happens.

If this is true its terrible for communities, its bad enough without RSP but no way to rep your community sucks.
  • Rev0verDrive
    6722 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Man and I was planning on dropping BFRepublic seeing as plats were added.
  • CrashCA
    1002 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They are coming SOON™, Rev
  • The concept of Darwinism does not work in Battlefield. it's just an excuse not to deal with TOS violations.
    If you really care about having a clean game in Battlefield, just try to look at how many servers there are, in old games, that do stat-padding as well written as clear as the server name. And it's just an example.
    Go check how many servers there are rules that violate your TOS. And if you do not respect them, they'll kick you and then they'll ban you.
    What is the point of doing all this rhetoric about TOS and clean play if after these are not checked and enforced?
    Only a question of facade?
    Do you really want to make Battlefield a clean and honest place?
    Leave private servers as well, but without the official rank.
    For the official rank only allow official servers without the ability to kick & ban players by the Admin ... otherwise there will always be abuse!
    This is the story of Battlefield!
    Even if it would be enough for the EA to check seriously and always to enforce respect the TOS ... but since 2009 I play the whole series Battlefield and, except for some rare cases in the early years .... from BF-BC2 has not been controlled and enforced nothing more.
    Especially the old games were literally abandoned to themselves and to the admin with the craving of scam or power.
    This, for me, is an extremely serious fact. One of the main reasons why I feel discomfort for this game: how badly it is managed by those who sell it and distribute it.
    And we know that the rent of the servers brings money.
    Curious that you can report a player (who does not pay monthly rent) but not a server (which pays monthly rent)
    "To think badly is a sin, but one takes it often" (quoted by Giulio Andreotti)
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited November 2018
    Quite a disappointment, but watching the direction of this series over the past few years it's not at all a surprise. Without private servers I'll be passing on this BF title as well. I understand things change in life, but the older I get the more I realize that change is often NOT for the better.

The good news is there are a plethora of tremendous games coming out soon, and the private server where I play BF4 is still going strong. The glass is half full! ;)
    Post edited by TwinGunsLLP on
  • Nyaasensei
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Why is boosting even relevant? Seriously, who gives a damn if someone is cheating their stats. It has absolutely no bearing on you.

Even if they're using it to complete challenges, it's not like it's difficult to complete challenges without boosting.

I'd gladly take the benefits of a more robust BF community with properly admin controlled servers and community servers that I could frequent and run into "friendly faces" on at the expense of some people boosting. Community servers are what keeps a game alive during times when new content releases are lacking. At least half the reason I played CSS for so long was because I knew I could jump in on one of my favorite servers and end up playing with a bunch of my friends who also frequented that server. And if a hacker joined, they were gone almost immediately if an admin was present. Or I'd just contact one of the admins on my friends list to deal with it.

The benefits to me far outweigh the cons of some people boosting or running into the occasional badmin.
    Big amen to that brother. I am 100% with you.
  • Nyaasensei
    60 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Plus lets not forget how toxic The kids are on official servers. I love moderated chats
    Sry for double post stupid phone
  • Jaskaman
    647 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    About Platoons, apparently they are at BFV launch -similar as they were in BF1, Apparently some kind of misunderstanding... David posted today in Twitter. Unfortunately nothing about RSP.