Weekly BF

Am I the only one.

2»

Comments

• CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1703 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Based on the fun I had during open Beta, and after seeing all the new and amazing looking maps we will have at launch? I think you may be right OP.
  • StarGazeJunker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    One change in the beta has me hyped. Its the biggest and best change to come to BF in a long time.

The removal of spotting. The crutch of noobs everywhere.

Tired of conquest. But I cannot wait for frontline and operations with 0 spotting.
  • The_BERG_366
    2349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same feeling. Unfortunately, like BFBC2, I think most of the player base will leave once the next big fps comes out.

BfBC2 was off to an amazing start compared to BFBC1, but Black Ops stole half the community, and then BF3 stole the remaining half.

So many people have determined to not like this game because of attrition and no-premium.

But I might play this game for years.

Well if they didn't improve the trash aim feeling and ridiculous slowdown they had in the beta on consoles I won't stick around for too long either.

I thought the gunplay was the best we've had since BF4, maybe even better. You know you can get rid of the slowdown when aiming in the options, right? I cranked it all the way too the max and had no issues whatsoever after that.

gunplay is OK... what I'm talking about has nothin to do with the guns.... the issue is thst the difference between maximal turning speed and minimal turning speed (or rather the speed at which one turns when only slightly pressing the thumbstick in a certain direction) is too small. small movements on the stick are either too fast so one sacrifices accuracy or it is good but then then you sacrifice twitch aiming capabilities... its about controls not gunplay...

yes I know that I can change that, however what Im talking about is not a personal preference thing. I rather want to complain about giving the players the ability to enable such aim assist. why pushing a game to be "skill based" through all these new mechanics but then have stronger slowdown aim assist then ever before? it makes no sense.
    the part about aim assist with scopes goes into the same direction: aim assist should never be a mean to balance guns. the sniper rifles we had in the beta were trash regarding their stats (worse than ever before in bf). they combined the worst parts of all previous damage models and introduced this mechanic where apparently leafes of trees can absorb enough damage to enable headshot hitmarkers with sniper rifles. furtherly collaterals were impossible as well for the same reason (headshot hitmarker on second target). the only reason why the snipers didn't underperform was because it was so incredibly easy to hit headshots due to the mentioned aim assist. one could get 50% headshots easily without being very careful and this while we weren't even adjusted to the new aiming mechanics yet... this describes the aim assist already in a nutshell...
  • Teh_Next
    1863 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why do people persistently refer to BFBC2 as if it was the be all and end all of Bf games?
    It was okay, it was consolecentric and spelled the begining of the end for PC focus.

BF2 wasn't even as good as DC.
    Pffft, BFBC2 my 4r53
  • The_BERG_366
    2349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well if they didn't improve the trash aim feeling and ridiculous slowdown they had in the beta on consoles I won't stick around for too long either. also they probabaly will reintroduce aim assist for high magnification scopes which is annoying as well.

I love how people hate on bf1 saying its the worst in the series and what not, completely ignoring the fact that bf1 did a lot of things better than any other game in the series before: gunplay (I'm looking forward to the first **** thst wants to tell me that microbursting is a skill), netcode, general class balance... to just name a few.
    another thing was the removal of aim assist for scopes as mentioned before. but apparently dice doesn't learn from their mistake and will reintroduce it with something called "magnetism" on slow rof guns... whatever that means.

Gunplay had RBD and all the auto aim bells and whistles. You seem hypocritical here.

General class balance wasn't a thing until the first TTK patch. The first year was all assaults and bolt action snipers. I don't consider a year delay before something is good to be good. The first year's problems drove me away.

BF1 had some good maps, and cavalry. That's about all I give it credit for.

hypocritical? about what?
    yes there is rbd in bf1... just like in every bf before... how is thst an argument against bf1 doing gunplay better? I didn't say EVRYTHING about gunplay is better. also bfv does have rbd as well.. there's simply no spread increase no more, that's a difference... Also I wouldn't say that no rbd would be a good idea in the first place. lastly I don't consider aim assist a part of gunplay.

even if thst was the case (which it was not) it would still be better than bf4 and bf3 which was assault, assault, assault... and assault. that was the class meta.
    btw what do u mean with "the first ttk patch"? there was only one ttk patch... the one where they introduced ttk 2.0.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Personally, I don't think so. I'm hoping it will be a good game, but I'm still not sure it actually will be.

I didn't really feel any urge to keep on playing throughout either of the alphas or the beta. It was pretty much the same as how I play BF1 right now. Log in for maybe 2 or 3 matches and then log off because I was getting bored.

I am intending to get the game at this point, but I can't say how long it will keep me interested though. I also haven't really experienced any hype for launch either.

My brother who usually buys and plays every BF game with me decided a while ago that he won't be getting it.
  • CSO7777
    1208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have high hopes.

BF1 has many improvements over BF4, but unfortunately they introduced a lot of new things that didn't work well (elites, behemoths, too many explosives etc).

BFV seems to keep the a lot of the good things from BF1 and then remove the bad things. Also the gun-play is better than both BF1 and BF4 (except for bolt-actions in BF1).

For me, it feels like a hybrid between BF1 and BF4 gameplay-wise, with better gun-mechanics and better vehicle balance.
  • DisguisedMike
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had fun during the beta and based on all the info that came out in the last month alone, I think this will be a very good game. Best since BF4 for me.

I just hope that I'll be able to play, I suffer from an epicondylite (tennis elbow) since just before the beta ended and there's a good chance that it could be related to gaming. Started doing physiotherapy last week so hopefully that will help. I can barely move my right arm sometimes. I didn't play games since the beginning of September and you have no idea how much I want to play something right now. It was getting better but I tried playing RDR2 for a few hours last week and I'm still regretting it. That game doesn't even require that many inputs! I don't even want to imagine what playing BFV could do to me.

Need to heal before BFV, no more video games for me until the 20th! :'(
    I'll suffer to play a couple of matches if I have to but I'll probably end up just watching other people play. At least until I'm fully healed. I hate my life right now.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I liked the game during Beta, and I'm 100% sure I'll enjoy it. So i can't wait :)
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Who thinks BFV will be the best Battlefield since BFBC 2.

I just feel it. I felt it in the Beta. Even with the bugs I felt something special in the more tactical Vehicle and gun play. I felt it in the latest trailer showing the maps.

Maybe my hype is getting the best of me. Anyone else feel this way.

The firefights on Twisted Steel Bridge and Tank battles on Hamada should be extremely Epic.

Took 2 weeks of Vacation for this. Lol

correct me if I"m wrong, but didn't you hate bfv?

I know you didn't like bf1 but I could have sworn bfv you had concerns about did you try the beta and liked it?
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I had fun during the beta and based on all the info that came out in the last month alone, I think this will be a very good game. Best since BF4 for me.

I just hope that I'll be able to play, I suffer from an epicondylite (tennis elbow) since just before the beta ended and there's a good chance that it could be related to gaming. Started doing physiotherapy last week so hopefully that will help. I can barely move my right arm sometimes. I didn't play games since the beginning of September and you have no idea how much I want to play something right now. It was getting better but I tried playing RDR2 for a few hours last week and I'm still regretting it. That game doesn't even require that many inputs! I don't even want to imagine what playing BFV could do to me.

I'll suffer to play a couple of matches if I have to but I'll probably end up just watching other people play. At least until I'm fully healed. I hate my life right now.

That totally sucks man

I work in an orthopedic office, is there any kind of a brace or a splint your provider could write for you?

I have some issues with R wrist pain, and I use a carpal tunnel splint at night and in the off hours during the day

It's hard to actually play with it ON, but in my experience I have less pain while playing afterwards

Keep at it with the therapy, and do any at home stretching excersizes they give you as prescribed, hopefully it can turn the corner
  • DisguisedMike
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

That totally sucks man

I work in an orthopedic office, is there any kind of a brace or a splint your provider could write for you?

I have some issues with R wrist pain, and I use a carpal tunnel splint at night and in the off hours during the day

It's hard to actually play with it ON, but in my experience I have less pain while playing afterwards

Keep at it with the therapy, and do any at home stretching excersizes they give you as prescribed, hopefully it can turn the corner

I've been doing my excersizes everyday but I just made things worse by playing last week. I won't repeat that mistake again but I should probably also take a break from the forums and stop using my mouse and keyboard so much. It's hard because that's the only thing I have left to do, if I watch another movie, tv show or Youtube video I might go crazy!

I have another appointment this week and I was already planning on asking if I could wear a brace to heal a bit faster but thanks for the tip.

It really sucks, same time last year I broke my other wrist by hitting myself on a door knob and I couldn't play for almost six months. Why can't all this bad luck happen to me during the summer when there's nothing to play? lol
  • Teh_Next wrote: »
    Why do people persistently refer to BFBC2 as if it was the be all and end all of Bf games?
    It was okay, it was consolecentric and spelled the begining of the end for PC focus.

BF2 wasn't even as good as DC.
    Pffft, BFBC2 my 4r53

Because, for it's time, it had the best destruction, good maps, very strong class balance, and its rush mode is still considered possibly the best BF experience to date.

And, yes, console players love it. It was a game for amateurs, which is most players. BF3 was the beginning of all the pro pc players reign. BFBC2 felt like anyone could be good at it.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Same feeling. Unfortunately, like BFBC2, I think most of the player base will leave once the next big fps comes out.

BfBC2 was off to an amazing start compared to BFBC1, but Black Ops stole half the community, and then BF3 stole the remaining half.

So many people have determined to not like this game because of attrition and no-premium.

But I might play this game for years.

Well if they didn't improve the trash aim feeling and ridiculous slowdown they had in the beta on consoles I won't stick around for too long either.

I thought the gunplay was the best we've had since BF4, maybe even better. You know you can get rid of the slowdown when aiming in the options, right? I cranked it all the way too the max and had no issues whatsoever after that.

gunplay is OK... what I'm talking about has nothin to do with the guns.... the issue is thst the difference between maximal turning speed and minimal turning speed (or rather the speed at which one turns when only slightly pressing the thumbstick in a certain direction) is too small. small movements on the stick are either too fast so one sacrifices accuracy or it is good but then then you sacrifice twitch aiming capabilities... its about controls not gunplay...

yes I know that I can change that, however what Im talking about is not a personal preference thing. I rather want to complain about giving the players the ability to enable such aim assist. why pushing a game to be "skill based" through all these new mechanics but then have stronger slowdown aim assist then ever before? it makes no sense.
    the part about aim assist with scopes goes into the same direction: aim assist should never be a mean to balance guns. the sniper rifles we had in the beta were trash regarding their stats (worse than ever before in bf). they combined the worst parts of all previous damage models and introduced this mechanic where apparently leafes of trees can absorb enough damage to enable headshot hitmarkers with sniper rifles. furtherly collaterals were impossible as well for the same reason (headshot hitmarker on second target). the only reason why the snipers didn't underperform was because it was so incredibly easy to hit headshots due to the mentioned aim assist. one could get 50% headshots easily without being very careful and this while we weren't even adjusted to the new aiming mechanics yet... this describes the aim assist already in a nutshell...

I'm pretty positive that their is no aim assist on sniper rifles in BF. Hasn't been for a while now. The reason people are able to get more headshots in BF5 is because they slightly increased the hitbox for headshots.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who thinks BFV will be the best Battlefield since BFBC 2.

I just feel it. I felt it in the Beta. Even with the bugs I felt something special in the more tactical Vehicle and gun play. I felt it in the latest trailer showing the maps.

Maybe my hype is getting the best of me. Anyone else feel this way.

The firefights on Twisted Steel Bridge and Tank battles on Hamada should be extremely Epic.

Took 2 weeks of Vacation for this. Lol

correct me if I"m wrong, but didn't you hate bfv?

I know you didn't like bf1 but I could have sworn bfv you had concerns about did you try the beta and liked it?

People on the forums confuse criticism for hating or crying about a game. I like BF1 I've spent 700 hours playing it so I guess I love it. However for certain things I'm very critical of.

I have some concerns for BFV but I'm more excited for all the changes they have made to the gameplay and removal of the more annoying aspects of Battlefield 1.
  • Gforce81
    3666 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

That totally sucks man

I've been doing my excersizes everyday but I just made things worse by playing last week. I won't repeat that mistake again but I should probably also take a break from the forums and stop using my mouse and keyboard so much. It's hard because that's the only thing I have left to do, if I watch another movie, tv show or Youtube video I might go crazy!

I have another appointment this week and I was already planning on asking if I could wear a brace to heal a bit faster but thanks for the tip.

It really sucks, same time last year I broke my other wrist by hitting myself on a door knob and I couldn't play for almost six months. Why can't all this bad luck happen to me during the summer when there's nothing to play? lol

I have a lot more experience in Foot/Ankle, so how specific it is to the tennis elbow I'm not sure, but there could be steroid injections your doctor could do for you, we've done them in the past for chronic tendinitis issues before

I'm not sure what your insurance coverage will allow, but there are TOPICAL pain medications (like a gel or a lotion, not a pill) that you can get to spread on the area, like lidocaine or diclofinac sodium gel; maybe they could give you a script for that

If worse comes to worse, and you've been miserable for months, not able to do the things you enjoy, they might consider doing a surgery on the elbow, maybe they can do a tendon release or something, but that's certainly not treatment #1 to start with