Origin Access Premier - Only way to play BFV first?

124»

Comments

• LOLGotYerTags
    11425 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Maybe the 37GB is the Compressed size of the download.

After decompression of the game files perhaps then it will be more along the lines of the 50GB install?
  • m1k3ol
    801 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2018
    not on console, as far as I know

(I mean, it's functional on console already, you can get to loading screen)
  • LOLGotYerTags
    11425 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Day one patch inc then I assume.
  • haumissedme
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 2018
    I've bought and played Battlefield series since 1942, even preordered BFV Deluxe, but it hurts that they've done it this way and I am for the first time disappointed in them... Worse I do not hear about them doing BF42 maps… Remember how they always used to do like Wake Island and other map redo... It's like they've forgotten who they are and left their fans behind. So I don't see why pay another $15 just so that I am not asked to sit in the back of the bus... Everyone should be able to play as soon as it is released. If they wanted more money from me they should have done a Premium Pass like BF1 and had DLC with updated BF42 maps... Personally I am not interested in a subscription, even for a month. I tried that with the beta, paid for Origin Access for a month so that I could be the first to get the Beta and guess what Hurricane Florence happened and I was not able to play much... What a waste of money that was... So I find it hard now to pay another $15...
  • LOLGotYerTags
    Personally I am not interested in a subscription, even for a month. I tried that with the beta, paid for Origin Access for a month so that I could be the first to get the Beta and guess what Hurricane Florence happened and I was not able to play much... What a waste of money that was... So I find it hard now to pay another $15...

To be fair though that was beyond your control or EA's control.

I'm just counting the days down until deluxe launches now.
  • Carbonic
    965 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Mystriall wrote: »
    this is correct. EDIT: but if you get the premier, you will get full access for the whole month. What I'm unsure of is if you will have to start over once the month has passed and you start playing your deluxe edition. or if you will keep the progression you've made.
    You should keep progress and everything you earned going from Origin Access Basic/Premier to Battlefield V Standard/Deluxe editions. The only thing I can think of that will stop is further weekly airdrops if you go from Origin Access Premier to the Battlefield V Standard edition (you ofc. get to keep the airdrops you've already received).
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I've bought and played Battlefield series since 1942, even preordered BFV Deluxe, but it hurts that they've done it this way and I am for the first time disappointed in them... Worse I do not hear about them doing BF42 maps… Remember how they always used to do like Wake Island and other map redo... It's like they've forgotten who they are and left their fans behind. So I don't see why pay another $15 just so that I am not asked to sit in the back of the bus... Everyone should be able to play as soon as it is released. If they wanted more money from me they should have done a Premium Pass like BF1 and had DLC with updated BF42 maps... Personally I am not interested in a subscription, even for a month. I tried that with the beta, paid for Origin Access for a month so that I could be the first to get the Beta and guess what Hurricane Florence happened and I was not able to play much... What a waste of money that was... So I find it hard now to pay another $15...

A: Wake Island would be released during the Pacific campaign of the game if they decide to remake it (which it's been strongly hinted at that they will). They aren't going to release maps out of order with their timeline.

B: Are you seriously blaming EA for a HURRICANE?! Because that's what it sounds like.
  • haumissedme
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

A: Wake Island would be released during the Pacific campaign of the game if they decide to remake it (which it's been strongly hinted at that they will). They aren't going to release maps out of order with their timeline.

B: Are you seriously blaming EA for a HURRICANE?! Because that's what it sounds like.

No. What I am saying is that I got very little value for my money out of it. Originally I planned to try other EA games, but because of what happened I could not. So I learned that access pass is only of value if you have the time or are able to make use of it. With regards to upcoming release it is basically $15 to play for like 6 days before the deluxe is released and again after that I would not be making use of it because I would be playing the deluxe version that I pre-ordered. So again it is of little value t me and like $15. Would have been better if EA would have just done Premium Pass like in the pass. I would have been happy to given them my $30 and gotten certain content in the months and years to come out of it. Right now we have paid like $80 and I'm still not certain of what is coming and like the Battle Royal mode well I'm not much interested in it, I'm happy playing existing BF series game modes.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10658 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Early access is the bait for a subscription service to EA right?

Forget that.

Why does everything always have to be negative? It’s an option. Bait. Lmfao.

I wouldn’t subscribe to it, but I’m not over here crying about it.

Of course it’s bait, or an incentive if you want to argue about semantics.

Besides being sanctimonious is a form of negativity is it not?

It’s not bait whatsoever.

I mean, I am though.

Well I’ll let you off Because you are obviously excited. It’s that time again.

I hope you won’t lose your mind later this month when people start discussing balance. You don’t usually seem like the type.

There is often a kind of mania that sweeps over certain people on the forums around launch. It’s almost like a religious fever. Right now you are showing some early signs. There’s already plenty of nut jobs about we don’t need you turning too.
    Projecting much?
  • ATF_lateDENT
    300 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Would have been better if EA would have just done Premium Pass like in the pass. I would have been happy to given them my $30 and gotten certain content in the months and years to come out of it.

I also was fine about paying for premium in previous BF games, but people have been complaining for years that paid map packs splits the community. Especially as the game population goes down it gets where only the base maps are populated. Ask anyone who paid for Premium for Hardline ;)

While I would love EA to continue to make content without charging any more money, we all know that isn't going to happen. The idea of selling cosmetics to fund additional content (which works for other games) has apparently run afoul of the neckbeard brigade, so yeah, there will probably be a dearth of content.
  • Cyanerd
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This EA access thing is a blessing to me. No longer am i committed to paying for the title I may or may not enjoy, and potentially drop after one month. For 15€ not only do i get the game way earlier but i don't have to dish out that bit extra. Considering that you can get this game for -50% off in January, the EA access thing is a steal, not to mention all the other games you get full access to.

Definitely a step forward from EA.
  • ragnarok013
    1995 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Early access is the bait for a subscription service to EA right?

Forget that.

Why does everything always have to be negative? It’s an option. Bait. Lmfao.

I wouldn’t subscribe to it, but I’m not over here crying about it.

Of course it’s bait, or an incentive if you want to argue about semantics.

Besides being sanctimonious is a form of negativity is it not?

It’s not bait whatsoever.

I mean, I am though.

Well I’ll let you off Because you are obviously excited. It’s that time again.

I hope you won’t lose your mind later this month when people start discussing balance. You don’t usually seem like the type.

There is often a kind of mania that sweeps over certain people on the forums around launch. It’s almost like a religious fever. Right now you are showing some early signs. There’s already plenty of nut jobs about we don’t need you turning too.
    Projecting much?

@TEKNOCODE @BURGERKRIEG Gentlemen stop circling one another with knives and get back on topic or moderation will ensue.
  • djhifi
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    ThePro_PR wrote: »
    Strange, I’m pretty sure I played BF1 since day one. Maybe BF1 Premium (I have always pre-ordered Premium) owners got acces to the game early as well?

They should give early access to Deluxe owners.

They do.
    Ea access get to start the 10 Hour Trial on the 11th
    Deluxe edition gets it on the 16th.
    Global Launch on the 19th

The 11th? huh? Isn't Origin Premiere (either basic with the 10h trial thingy) as well as Premiere (full early access), for the 9th?
    VincentNZ wrote: »
    It is a real scam if you ask me. And deviously smart, too. It draws people to play the game on release, that would otherwise have skipped the game, and even rewards them to have doubts. If you are a true fan and really enjoy the things you saw and want to support this game, you get to play the game after people like me, that are very doubtful. At the same time the fans are also tempted to buy Premier, to get the same benefits, spending even more money. This is really the reason why EA has been voted worst company so often.

And you also happen to think Atlântida is a thing and that the 9-11 was caused by Bush Admin. ?
    Santa Claus isn't real son...
  • djhifi
    29 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    EDIT: Double post. Deleted it myself. Apologies.