Ironsights

Tovarisch_Maxim
130 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
I'm not the only one that found that aiming down the ironsights in the STG 44 looks really weird as hell?

The Ironsight is on the other ending side of the rifle and then it just zooms in really close to it which I dont understand how It's really comfortable for the soldier, hence I find it awkward as hell. It's pretty much like the same ironsights like the Russian faction RPG7 from Battlefield 4 and 3.

Really aiming downsights in battlefield games look like this:

cod-logic_o_424306.jpg

I mean It's awkward, weird and hilarious at the same time.

Comments

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Ironsight zoom can be adjusted in-game.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2623 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    You'll never understand how it works unless you hold and fire a real gun yourself. When you have it against your shoulder, you put your cheek on the stock and close your left eye, that way sights and the gun appears in the middle of your vision.

Also, RPG sights are offset to the left, so they you have it on your shoulder, iron sight is directly in front of your eye.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I never found the STG irons to be weird to use. I actually preferred using them over the scope, and I refuse to use the red dot sights. Also, I love how you're using a picture from CoD to show how aiming is in Battlefield.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    You'll never understand how it works unless you hold and fire a real gun yourself. When you have it against your shoulder, you put your cheek on the stock and close your left eye, that way sights and the gun appears in the middle of your vision.

Also, RPG sights are offset to the left, so they you have it on your shoulder, iron sight is directly in front of your eye.

Technically you're not supposed to close your left eye. You can, but it's generally recommended you keep it open. It's not necessarily incorrect, but you're better off learning to shoot with both eyes open. There's a good number of advantages to shooting with both eyes open.

http://blog.beretta.com/shooting-tips-accuracy

In game however, your soldier actually does close his left eye when aiming down the sights of your weapon. Hence why your eyesight aligns directly with the iron sights. You put your cheek on the stock and align your right eye with the sights (unless you shoot from your left shoulder, then it's the opposite).