Origin access premier + standard purchase combo question

Hey,

If I buy the standard edition of the game + subscribe to premier access for 1 month (only 1 month), after the one month, can I keep my progress AND the deluxe extras that come with the premier sub (five Sets of Paratrooper Outfits and the chance to take on Special Assignments and Starter Assignments, 20 weekly Airlifts, the Firestorm Ranger Set, one additional Special Soldier Set)?

These release dates + combos are so convoluted and no real source where I can look up what happens if I do this.

Comments

• m1k3ol
    809 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2018
    I thought this had an answer already...

No and Yes

stuff that's in you "inventory" (like the sets) should remain (probably, as far as I get the system)

The weekly lift is a good example, you get what's inside, but you should lose the ability to have the remaining weekly lifts after expiration (if there were any pending to receive), same for Special Assignments and Starter Assignments, whatever you didn't complete shouldn't be available after Premier Access expiration...

I would be reaalllyy careful about this, since it's more like a special case, the idea should actually be that you don't retain anything of the edition you don't own, but the system can change, that's why there is no "official" communication about it (what I say can wildly change in a matter of days, or not change at all)

Basically, there should not be a cheesy way to get away with having Deluxe content (that happened with BF4, Access, and Premium, so, lesson learned) without owning Deluxe

If the aim is having Premier for a month only to enjoy an early release, it would be more ideal to do it while owning Deluxe instead of Standard, so you can remain with the benefits according to what you own...
  • m1k3ol wrote: »
    I thought this had an answer already...

No and Yes

stuff that's in you "inventory" (like the sets) should remain (probably, as far as I get the system)

The weekly lift is a good example, you get what's inside, but you should lose the ability to have the remaining weekly lifts after expiration (if there were any pending to receive), same for Special Assignments and Starter Assignments, whatever you didn't complete shouldn't be available after Premier Access expiration...

I would be reaalllyy careful about this, since it's more like a special case, the idea should actually be that you don't retain anything of the edition you don't own, but the system can change, that's why there is no "official" communication about it (what I say can wildly change in a matter of days, or not change at all)

Basically, there should not be a cheesy way to get away with having Deluxe content (that happened with BF4, Access, and Premium, so, lesson learned) without owning Deluxe

If the aim is having Premier for a month only to enjoy an early release, it would be more ideal to do it while owning Deluxe instead of Standard, so you can remain with the benefits according to what you own...

I don't particularly mind if I lose all the benefits (including cosmetic stuff), I really only care about the Early access in the end, but I want to know whether I will lose them or not, so I'm prepared and it's not like stuff will disappear one day.
  • m1k3ol
    809 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    Technically, shouldn't for whatever you already own

One example, in BF1 you retain the Red Baron skins and weapons after expiration

But then again, in BF4 you don't get access to phantom program, stats reset and other stuff because you only own standard and not Premium that comes with Acceess

So there's precedence to both retain and lose some stuff, so I would already have a mind set that "anything" could be lost that is not part of Standard, and take anything that remains as a benefit :open_mouth:
  • Very odd. I mean I can't be the only one to do this surely. Why is there no official answer?
  • m1k3ol
    Well, ask yourself this question, which version do you own?

Answer is, you get what you own, that would be the official answer...which is the description of the product on the Origin page...

That's why I say, better to have a mind set that anything that remains is just a good advantage, because technically nothing should remain on the acc that doesn't correspond to your version, but it's not like the aim is to punish a player at all...

So, basically, don't expect timed perks to remain after the content already expired, let's say that it's like offers, gone when time is over...and whatever you own on your inventory should stay there, like items obtained from drops that you opened
  • FritzCT
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    So I pretty much only play BF.

I'm thinking of subscribing to Origin Access Premier in order to get the 11 days early access and also pre-ordering the standard edition so I can drop the Premier Access after one month.

I have a few questions about this though.

Will my game stats etc. carry over from the Premier Access to the Standard game or will I have to start from scratch on the standard edition? I may or may not buy the standard edition through Origin.

I get 6 sets of paratrooper gear with Premier, so what happens to them once I switch to the standard edition? Do I retain them or do I lose them?

Premier Access also gives me "Deluxe Edition Special Assignments". If I have completed them before I switch to the standard edition what happens to any rewards I may have received (I assume I will not be able to participate in any I haven't completed when I switch)?

Ditto with the 20 weekly airlift items.

To be honest I'm not overly worried about customisation so if that's all the paratrooper gear/ Assignments/ Airlifts give me then they may not matter anyway.

Fritz
  • nrgizer36
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Um I think its probably linked to account so all would remain under the one gamertag you use
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @DarkestHour138 , you've been pretty on top of this stuff if I remember right. Can you give this man some help?
  • spychodelics
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played BF1 with Origin Access, Rank, Achivments and everything else relating to BF1 was there when i purchased the game and canceld my Access subscription.
  • FritzCT
    302 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hmmm, my reply went missing.

Anyway so you think it doesn't matter if I buy the standard through Origin/ Access or not? I can buy a physical copy (preferred) and it should all still carry over. Obviously as long as I'm on the same account.
  • FritzCT
    Hey OP I'm in the same position as you. In fact, Mods you can probably close this (https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160776/bit-of-advice-on-pre-ordering-please#latest) thread to avoid duplicates.

I'm not overly concerned about the cosmetics carrying over either and I know that if you purchase the standard edition through Origin or Access Premier your progress carries forward but I can't find any info as to whether I HAVE to purchase the standard edition through Origin. If I get the standard edition another way, such as a gift, will my progress still carry over?

And if it does what is the process? Uninstall the Access premier game and re-install from disk?

This will all be on the same Origin account regardless.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FritzCT wrote: »
    Hmmm, my reply went missing.

Anyway so you think it doesn't matter if I buy the standard through Origin/ Access or not? I can buy a physical copy (preferred) and it should all still carry over. Obviously as long as I'm on the same account.

yes, at least that is how it has worked in the past.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3860 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Hey OP I'm in the same position as you. In fact, Mods you can probably close this (https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160776/bit-of-advice-on-pre-ordering-please#latest) thread to avoid duplicates.

I'm not overly concerned about the cosmetics carrying over either and I know that if you purchase the standard edition through Origin or Access Premier your progress carries forward but I can't find any info as to whether I HAVE to purchase the standard edition through Origin. If I get the standard edition another way, such as a gift, will my progress still carry over?

And if it does what is the process? Uninstall the Access premier game and re-install from disk?

This will all be on the same Origin account regardless.

The 2 threads have been merged.

-CB
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3860 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2018
    So I pretty much only play BF.

I'm thinking of subscribing to Origin Access Premier in order to get the 11 days early access and also pre-ordering the standard edition so I can drop the Premier Access after one month.

I have a few questions about this though.

Will my game stats etc. carry over from the Premier Access to the Standard game or will I have to start from scratch on the standard edition? I may or may not buy the standard edition through Origin.

I get 6 sets of paratrooper gear with Premier, so what happens to them once I switch to the standard edition? Do I retain them or do I lose them?

Premier Access also gives me "Deluxe Edition Special Assignments". If I have completed them before I switch to the standard edition what happens to any rewards I may have received (I assume I will not be able to participate in any I haven't completed when I switch)?

Ditto with the 20 weekly airlift items.

To be honest I'm not overly worried about customisation so if that's all the paratrooper gear/ Assignments/ Airlifts give me then they may not matter anyway.

Fritz

From my understanding your stats will carry over since they are tied to your account. Stats, progression, and anything in your inventory will be saved from what I was told since it's tied to your account.

As for the DES assignments, if you completed them then there shouldnt be any issues however once the Premier service has ended, you will not have access to any assignments, etc that come with owning that access.

-CB
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    701 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Very odd. I mean I can't be the only one to do this surely. Why is there no official answer?

Dude, it's EA. Absolutely everything they do is like this. It is a genuinely terrible company.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Very odd. I mean I can't be the only one to do this surely. Why is there no official answer?

Dude, it's EA. Absolutely everything they do is like this. It is a genuinely terrible company.

This is nothing compared to the garbage that Activision pulls.
  • FritzCT
    edited November 2018
    Thanks guys, I think I'm sorted then.

I've picked up the standard edition with enlister (not sure if that's very relevant now though) for £ 45 + £ 15 for a month of Access Premier.

So £ 60 all in, I get to play from the 9th November, may (or may not) get to keep some of the bells and whistles but get to play 160 ish games for one month.

Fritz
  • EA_Alexander
    535 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited November 2018

I've picked up the standard edition with enlister (not sure if that's very relevant now though) for £ 45 + £ 15 for a month of Access Premier.

So £ 60 all in, I get to play from the 9th November, may (or may not) get to keep some of the bells and whistles but get to play 160 ish games for one month.

Fritz

Just to confirm that yes, you'll get to keep your progress when switching to Standard Edition from Premier, but any in-game unlocks or content you received as a result of OAP granting you the best version of the game (in this case deluxe edition) will be removed.

Note: You'll still get your weekly Airlift and assignments while OAP is active.
    Post edited by EA_Alexander on
  • ZHERNE82
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I bought the Premier Access and will be getting Deluxe Edition with 10% off (then cancel Premier).
    $20 AUD for Premier Access
    $110 AUD for BFV Deluxe Edition
    - 10% off = $99 AUD

TOTAL: $119 AUD for full game early access Deluxe Edition BFV.
    You're only paying $10 bucks to play the full version of the game, earlier.
  • Seeker0815
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Fritz

Just to confirm that yes, you'll get to keep your progress when switching to Standard Edition from Premier, but any in-game unlocks or content you received as a result of OAP granting you the best version of the game (in this case deluxe edition) will be removed.

Note: You'll still get your weekly Airlift and assignments while OAP is active.

Hi guys,

@EA_Alexander does that mean that I can KEEP all the pre-order AND Deluxe Edition cosmetics/goodies if I preorder the Deluxe Edition and buy Premier for one month and then drop OAP after said month?

Even if I preorder the Deluxe Edition from a 3rd party vendor?

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,
    Seeker0815