All you moaners.. make like a tree

mav_smileyface
1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Dice are giving us 8 of the most beautifully designed maps we’ve ever seen

“where only getting 10 maps total in first 6 months”

10 maps is more than enough! You’ll never learn every intricate details within the first 6 months not when you consider the complexity of what we are getting.

Your constant whining and moaning is just an utter drain, you all just sap every ounce of energy from this forum.

I’m sure you all wake up determined to spread toxicity

BFV is looking to be the best the series has seen

Quality over quantity anyway

Comments

• mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From what we’ve seen they look phenomenal

I will say we definitely need to reserve complete judgement until they’ve been played but Dice cannot account for the majority of the player base who are just dumb headless chicken running around with no clue as to their existence

From the looks of these maps though.. it’s a massive leap forward to the base maps of bf1
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I will say we definitely need to reserve complete judgement until they’ve been played but Dice cannot account for the majority of the player base who are just dumb headless chicken running around with no clue as to their existence

From the looks of these maps though.. it’s a massive leap forward to the base maps of bf1

But does "what we have seen" include the actual flag layouts? We obviously know Nar and Rott, and I think a map of Hamada leaked at one point, but the flashy videos just describe the maps, we don't see flag layout. They could all be Metro/Suez. (If there is a link somewhere to the actual map layouts, could someone post it? I looked but could only find vids and narvik/rott)
  • mav_smileyface
    They have shown all flag layouts for all new maps
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    648 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Where? I couldn't find pics
  • Noodlesocks
    2082 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news#news
  • LinkZeppeloyd

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news#news

Thanks! Its hard to say, these look like BF1 map layouts. Once we’re playing them I guess we shall see. I still wish they would return to Conquest with 7-10 flags non-linear, but that ship has long sailed. Here’s hoping these are good!
  • SirBobdk
    3559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What is a beautifull design Map?
    I care about design in terms of gameplay
    Couldnt care less about graphic
  • From what we’ve seen they look phenomenal

But does "what we have seen" include the actual flag layouts? We obviously know Nar and Rott, and I think a map of Hamada leaked at one point, but the flashy videos just describe the maps, we don't see flag layout. They could all be Metro/Suez. (If there is a link somewhere to the actual map layouts, could someone post it? I looked but could only find vids and narvik/rott)

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160693/discussion-feedback-the-maps-of-battlefield-v#latest

each map link shows the above view layout and how each flag looks.
  • LinkZeppeloyd

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160693/discussion-feedback-the-maps-of-battlefield-v#latest

each map link shows the above view layout and how each flag looks.

I saw them, they look.., ok. Like Narvik, not as obviously linear as metro/suez, but still pretty linear. Looking forward to seeing how they play.
  • xx_Dante2k_xx
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They look good to me, let's hope they play as good as they look.
  • TropicPoison
    2171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    After how DICE has acted the past few months and flip flopping on so many things, I'm not giving them any benefit of the doubt until I actually see the maps and play them.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    You're making an assumption on map quality based on looks and few screenshots with short clip of each? Ok.

Lets not forget, Suez also looked like an amazing map from screenshots before BF1 release.

Yes graphics are the best in the industry, I really hope actual gameplay design is as good as visuals.
  • Hawxxeye
    4168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It is better to have fewer maps that are all good or great instead of more maps some of which are terrible and people will vote them out if they can chose between them and a better map
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    You're making an assumption on map quality based on looks and few screenshots with short clip of each? Ok.

Lets not forget, Suez also looked like an amazing map from screenshots before BF1 release.

Yes graphics are the best in the industry, I really hope actual gameplay design is as good as visuals.

Exactly. Let's not all get too excited until we can actually PLAY the maps. Where the flags are placed has very little do with how a map actually plays. There is so, SOOOO much more that has to be taken into consideration. But yes, the first impressions of the maps are positive.
  • TropicPoison
    2171 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    A game would be better off with people gone that never criticize anything that love every single thing when things aren't as fine as they act like.
  • BURGERKRIEG
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you think the forums are bad have you read the comments section regarding BFV on you tuber videos, even when it’s just positive news?

It is crazy how there are so many people wanting BFV to fail. It’s kind of a bummer.

I mean we all complain about this weapon or some rubbish mechanic but I’ve never seen this level of bad will for a BF game before it’s out.

I’m thinking there will be all sorts of madness on the forums in a few weeks. It’s almost daunting.

• nanananamimimimi
    107 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I havent played the maps but I tell you its the best maps ever.

Fanboy comment. Let people play the maps first and then give it another try
  • SirBobdk
    3559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    @BURGERKRIEG
    I’ve never seen this level of bad will for a BF game before it’s out.
    Well, DICE has made so many basic mistakes in their marketing.
    Alpha and beta should also have been postpone since the game obviously was not ready and gave more questions than answers.
    If they deliver what they promised the last few weeks, I think it will be ok, but it can also go the other way.
  • mav_smileyface
    I havent played the maps but I tell you its the best maps ever.

Fanboy comment. Let people play the maps first and then give it another try

Lmao wtf kinda quote was that I never said that 😂