Attrition system

Comments

• SirBobdk
    3920 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think it will get removed in a few months after release.

Dont think so, but it might get tweak.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    the attrition system is one of the core elements of the game, certainly isn't going to be removed. But ye, might get a tweak as staRs-Sirbob says. Let's not forget that it already has gotten more tweaked since the Beta.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    For me a system that is gonna have people running around looking for ammo could be a "core element" just boggles my mind. But I guess I will find out in a week if I get it. I mean, I play games to have fun, and running around and trying to find ammo all the time is kind of annoying.
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I wonder how DICE will combat trolls that purposely blow up a resupply station at a flag that their team has captured, because you can completely blow them up.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I wonder how DICE will combat trolls that purposely blow up a resupply station at a flag that their team has captured, because you can completely blow them up.

I believe they can also be rebuilt.
  • TropicPoison
    2318 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

If they can be rebuilt I never saw anyone in the beta doing it.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I never saw anyone blowing them up either.
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I rebuilt the ammo stations many times during the beta. on the C flag on Narvik the station wasn't even built to begin with. you had to build it yourself. At least built it alot.
  • Mystriall
    For me a system that is gonna have people running around looking for ammo could be a "core element" just boggles my mind. But I guess I will find out in a week if I get it. I mean, I play games to have fun, and running around and trying to find ammo all the time is kind of annoying.

Stop wasting ammo and you won't have to look for ammo the whole time. That being said, there was ammo and health stations at EVERY flag on the map. On Rotterdam there was even an additional ammo and health station in one of the alleys between the flags. And then you have the supports, which even if "most" of them don't give out ammo, there are still enough of them who actually do. People will want to rank up and unlock stuff, spamming ammo at everyone you see is an easy way to get some extra XP as a support.

I really can't see how getting ammo is an issue.
  • TropicPoison

I never saw anyone blowing them up either.

Probably because they didn't know they could, but I did so.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My concern is Spawns. If I'm clearing a objective and let's say I kill 2 guys and I'm out of Ammo all they have to do is spawn in and have an advantage over me because they spawned in with Ammo.

Kind of a double edged sword.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Cool. They tweaked it.
  • InnerD
    878 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    My concern is Spawns. If I'm clearing a objective and let's say I kill 2 guys and I'm out of Ammo all they have to do is spawn in and have an advantage over me because they spawned in with Ammo.

most if not all of the objectives have ammo and health at them...
  • I wonder how DICE will combat trolls that purposely blow up a resupply station at a flag that their team has captured, because you can completely blow them up.

this is because they weren't buildable/ destroyable in the beta. They were static objects. Now they have to be built/rebuilt.
  • My concern is Spawns. If I'm clearing a objective and let's say I kill 2 guys and I'm out of Ammo all they have to do is spawn in and have an advantage over me because they spawned in with Ammo.

They also have an advantage because theres 2 of them....Do you want to come up with some regulation to combat this "unfairness"?
  • Major_Pungspark
    1389 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

They also have an advantage because theres 2 of them....Do you want to come up with some regulation to combat this "unfairness"?

That was just stupid..
  • TropicPoison

this is because they weren't buildable/ destroyable in the beta. They were static objects. Now they have to be built/rebuilt.

Yes they were destroyable in the beta I did it multiple times, sounds like you didn't play it because they could 100% be destroyed.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Plant S mines around ammo/health supply stations. Profit from free kills.

Or lay in wait with dynamite - kills enemies resupplying/healing and also blows up the crate. Then take out the players attempting to rebuild it.
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What are your opinions on this new attrition system? I personally think you receive very small amount of initial ammo

I compared beta to BF4. With the after beta change to starting ammo for BFV, same as BF4 starting ammo for automatic weapons. In beta, one clip short.

Not sure what all the fuss is about.
  • DingoKillr
    3466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well by the few favored comments by you tubers on tweeter., those pushing for a fast paced, lack of ammo attrition have gotten what they wanted.

Another game they will abandon 6 months down the track, while making video explaining how DICE killed BFV by not listen.