All factions available on every map?

mpstealthace
35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
When the inclusion of another faction arrives will they be available on all maps? I think it would be unwise to let all factions be available for all maps.

Comments

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    No. Each map has it's own set factions, which is a big reason why I think people are overreacting to there only being 8 maps at launch. When new factions are introduced, they will need their own maps to use them on. At minimum, we will be getting another 6-8 more maps throughout the life of BF5, maybe more.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No. Each map has it's own set factions.

Just like previous games.
  • mpstealthace
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I would have to assume that a substantial amount of maps will need to be added to make a faction worth playing/customizing. That's intriguing/concerning
  • Noodlesocks
    2058 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »

BF4 allowed servers to swap out factions for others.
  • DingoKillr
    3324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When the inclusion of another faction arrives will they be available on all maps? I think it would be unwise to let all factions be available for all maps.

Why? Can't there be a customization to allow a RSP to choose which faction v faction on any map.

Beside the faction are currently Allie v Axis with British and German as the current representation. What if DICE later added Belgian or Lithuanian infantry are you saying this type of customization should not be allowed?

Faction apparently will have colour restriction based on map terrain.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Well yeah, player run servers are a different story. I don't think that was the point of the topic though.
  • Noodlesocks
    2058 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well yeah, player run servers are a different story. I don't think that was the point of the topic though.

I was responding to vball_mvp as per quote.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan

I was responding to vball_mvp as per quote.

And I was responding to you, so what's your point?
  • ragnarok013
    1998 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Indeed which is why this is a valid question but one that we've unfortunately not heard an answer to since I've seen nobody ask the question until now.
  • mpstealthace
    DingoKillr wrote: »

Why? Can't there be a customization to allow a RSP to choose which faction v faction on any map.

Beside the faction are currently Allie v Axis with British and German as the current representation. What if DICE later added Belgian or Lithuanian infantry are you saying this type of customization should not be allowed?

I highly doubt they will include Belgian or Lithuanian troops to the company factions.
  • warslag
    1208 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I would like every faction on each team if possible so that people simply have greater choice.
  • DingoKillr
    3324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »

I highly doubt they will include Belgian or Lithuanian troops to the company factions.
    Well if I was a money grabbing company, I would offer them as cash purchase only.

However if I wanted people to play the TOW I would offer such customazition as rewards for completing events.
  • mpstealthace
    warslag wrote: »
    I would like every faction on each team if possible so that people simply have greater choice.

Ridiculous
  • VincentNZ
    1744 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I doubt even with RSP this would be an allowed option. With all the customization options it would be kind of counterproductive. What I think we might see are different presets of customization so that you can save your desert camo for Hamada etc..
    In any case, I am pretty sure DICE/EA will want to be in control of anything that can happen on servers.