Lord of the Dice - Hardcore mode or SRP wasn't mentioned in Tides of War - when will we see it?

WinterWarhurst
1316 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Dear Lord of the Dice, I beseech you kindly give us an update on when the server rental program and hardcore game modes will go live during Tides of War.

This is something I, and many others, were hoping to see in the recent roadmap.

Many of our platoons and extended communities spend almost 100% of their gameplay time in rented servers playing hardcore, or custom settings of some kind.

We recognise there are priorities and the core gameplay has to come first, but for us these modes and servers couldn't come sooner.

Thank you!

Comments

• MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For Hardcore, they just need to turn off all health regen, disable the minimap, no third person vehicle camera, and no enemy markers (but keep friendly markers for gods sake), and a few other things, and that'll make Hardcore more good. I'm honestly fine with the core gameplay, because it's really Hardcore Lite, but I'd also love to see a proper Hardcore mode like BF4 had
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    For Hardcore, they just need to turn off all health regen, disable the minimap, no third person vehicle camera, and no enemy markers (but keep friendly markers for gods sake), and a few other things, and that'll make Hardcore more good. I'm honestly fine with the core gameplay, because it's really Hardcore Lite, but I'd also love to see a proper Hardcore mode like BF4 had

Honestly, if they just made those changes, I'd probably actually play Hardcore. The #1 reason I never liked HC in any of the other BF games was because the weapon balance is completely broken. Just leave the weapons alone.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Honestly, if they just made those changes, I'd probably actually play Hardcore. The #1 reason I never liked HC in any of the other BF games was because the weapon balance is completely broken. Just leave the weapons alone.

It wasnt the weapons being too strong, it was that you only had 60 health instead of 100 (at least in BF4 settings). I'm not sure how the TTK of BFV stacks up to that of BF4 Hardcore, but it felt pretty similar to me in the beta, so I feel weapon damage is fine with the amount of health you have, especially since you cany fully regen.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well if hardcore is palyed by like 5-10% of the players its very much pointless to make it, in BF1 its barely played at all. And if you divide these few players across 6 different gametypes you barely get full servers. Its just dividing community and players a lot. Maybe one day when full crossplatform gameplay will exist and all players will play together.
  • MONEYPYR0
    Well if hardcore is palyed by like 5-10% of the players its very much pointless to make it, in BF1 its barely played at all. And if you divide these few players across 6 different gametypes you barely get full servers. Its just dividing community and players a lot. Maybe one day when full crossplatform gameplay will exist and all players will play together.

Well, Hardcore in BF1 sucks. It was perfect in BF4, and had a ton of servers. I dont get the whole "it'll split the community" bit, since everything splits the playerbase. Different game modes? Playerbase will split. People only wanting to play the same map? Playerbase will be split. The playerbase is always going to be split, so adding Hardcore won't be something that destroys the playerbase. Plus, even if only 5%-10% of players did play Hardcore, which I believe its more, then that's not such a big split, and HC is easy to add to the game.
  • ragnarok013
    1998 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

Hard core has always been a small niche community but while the game was still in its life cycle I never had problems finding a HC match in BC2-BF4. BF1 however had so many changes to the mode that many HC players remained in BF4 to get their fix which is why they are clamoring for any information on their favorite mode.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1316 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest issue for me, as others have echoed, is weapon balance. Server populations (at least on PS4) for 200% bullet damage servers are actually very popular, it's just the majority of these are hybrid settings, not true hardcore.

As such I think this is why it's important to allow server settings similar to the ones we had in BF1.

Personally with the way the new vehicles have been balanced, in particular the turret traverse (yet unlimited vertical cannon drive?!) the tanks will be **** in hardcore... And I am a tank main.

Instead of an FOV abusable third person view, we should get a first person commander's cupola view that can look 360 deg, without moving the turret (or with moving the turret), as was the case with the third person view in the beta. This is what War Thunder do for simulator mode, and what the new World War 3 game does, and of course the way it would be in real life, as the commander is in charge of the turret and target acquisition.