bring back spotting with small tweak

ahmed9944
32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
dice bring back spotting with small tweak, only the one who spotting and his squad can see the enemies which spotted the game would become faster and you will direct team towards the enemies instead of circling around the map searching for enemy team and feels lost which make the game slower boring gunplay

Comments

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Go to the objectives. You'll find the enemies soon enough after that. You aren't supposed to be "circling around the map searching for the enemy team".
  • StarGazeJunker
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Conquest at its core is literally a circle.

Capture A, run to C, Run to E, A gets taken, Take B, C is taken.

Theres little teamwork and alot more travel.

You should try Frontlines and operations. Less running and usually enemies are in areas well known.
  • bran1986
    5485 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    What OP is asking is almost what they have in the game except you mark an area instead of the soldier, and only your squad can see it. I say leave it as it was in the beta.

This is how it was in the alpha and the beta. You spot but it just pings the location and not the enemy and only your squad can see it.
  • CSO7777
    1030 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Please don't put spotting back in the game. The new system is pretty good in my opinion.

Spotting creates so many weird/stupid situations and the system of shooting doritoes is pretty awful. I "abuse" this myself, but it still feels pretty cheap. Also fog/smoke/gas acts weird with spotting and just makes the whole system even worse.

BF1 spotting is bad, but BF4 is even worse (weapon-attachments that spot, showing up on minimap when shooting) and I really think the game will be better without spotting.

Spotting adds to the 'unfair random deaths'-syndrome that BF has (vehicles, planes, explosive spam etc) and minimizing this as much as possible will give a more fun/less frustrating game.
  • Foot_Guard_Tomei
    438 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Static alert (yellow) and spotted activity (red) markers are more than enough of press a button spotting. If you lose track on your target in firefight, it's your fault for letting her/him disengage from combat and hide from you/your squad.

There is (was?) also spotting by fully suppressing an enemy, though limited viability by ammo attrition.

I didn't have any problems finding enemies in Beta. It might have been other way around.
  • ahmed9944
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Go to the objectives. You'll find the enemies soon enough after that. You aren't supposed to be "circling around the map searching for the enemy team".

if you played conquest in beta you feel empty and bored finding enemies it took a minute to find enemies makes the game slow and boring
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    ahmed9944 wrote: »

if you played conquest in beta you feel empty and bored finding enemies it took a minute to find enemies makes the game slow and boring

Then maybe Conquest isn't what you should be playing, because the point of Conquest ISN'T to just get kills, it's to capture and defend objectives, the kills will come while trying to do those very things. Perhaps TDM would be more to your liking?
  • Hawxxeye
    5022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There is already a class in BFV whose 90% reason for existence is for spotting for the team.
  • xXCA_RageXx
    1024 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Maybe invest in a pair of glasses, if you couldn't quickly find any of the 32 players in the match or maybe move from your corner. Get used to not having the spotting crutch, the game is better for it.
  • Hawxxeye
    5022 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Maybe invest in a pair of glasses, if you couldn't quickly find any of the 32 players in the match or maybe move from your corner. Get used to not having the spotting crutch, the game is better for it.
    I have to point out that after the BFV beta, I was able to see enemies easier in BF1 without spotting
  • DingoKillr
    3422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Actual that is specifically the role of what Recon should be doing. To provide information to the team.
  • DingoKillr
    3422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    dice bring back spotting with small tweak, only the one who spotting and his squad can see the enemies which spotted the game would become faster and you will direct team towards the enemies instead of circling around the map searching for enemy team and feels lost which make the game slower boring gunplay
    Do you mean the Q spot? That ain't happening because the new ping that also used by other classes.

The Recon Monocular is the gadget you want to use.

• spychodelics
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Get a sniper on your squad who will actually do their job.
  • AldrickXGladius
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 2018
    I agree with OP. I hate this new "spotting" mechanic.what was wrong with hitting Q to spot an enemy? Nothing. But here comes EA screwing stuffup like they do.
    But I've not been impressed with this new Battlefield in general at all. Will most likely be getting a refund for my prepurchase. Go back to playing EFT.

Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • Cr4zyKiller
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with OP. I hate this new "spotting" mechanic.what was wrong with hitting Q to spot an enemy? Nothing. But here comes EA screwing stuffup like they do.
    But I've not been impressed with this new Battlefield in general at all. Will most likely be getting a refund for my prepurchase. Go back to playing EFT.

Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian

Are you seriously asking what's wrong with it? It is one of the worst things they ever implemented. Being able to light up an enemy across the map that you can't see just by pressing "Q" is ridiculous.
  • lDutcHl
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Conquest at its core is literally a circle.

Capture A, run to C, Run to E, A gets taken, Take B, C is taken.

Theres little teamwork and alot more travel.

You should try Frontlines and operations. Less running and usually enemies are in areas well known.

Yeah this should be improved. I think I know what causes it. Basically you dont need skill to capture spawns anymore. Run with a squad to a far away spawn and youll capture it just by numbers. And then when its yours: team will spawn in to help kill the few enemies that, unlike most, stayed behind to do the boring job of defending the far away spawn.

It used to be that spawns couldnt be taken over untill every last enenemy was taken out. This created more clutch moments and was easier to defend, not turning conquest into a run around the map. Because noone likes to defend far away spawns this should be returned to counter this run around the map.
  • DeadlyDanDaMan
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Actual that is specifically the role of what Recon should be doing. To provide information to the team.

Recon can spot enemies from objectives just as easily. THAT is what they should be doing.