Here's why india deserves Battlefield servers

ComputerK8ller
41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
-India has around 7 million pc gamers.

We love the game, but a lot of times find it frustrating that our experience in India is subpar because we suffer from large latencies on Everysingle reion. For example, with the best internet connection available here [ Bengaluru / Chennai],User get around 140 ms ping in the UAE region and 150 and 200+ ping in EU and Asia. It gives the opposition an edge over us. It also ends up discouraging gamers who want to get really good but can’t do so because of High ping in everysingle reigon.

One really simple solution for this would be an India based server for Battlefield titles.

1. Huge potential for e-sports: India has hundreds of thousands of e-sports gamers in the 15-30 age bracket. Students at every college have their own clans and teams which carry on for several years even after they start working. Recently, an electronic sports league was announced with a total prize money of around 100 crores INR or 15M $, set to launch in May 2017. With phenomenal success seen with other premier leagues in the country, we expect this to be a big hit with the gamer community in India, encouraging growth in numbers as well as quality of gamers in India.

2. Rapidly improving internet access: PC gaming needs good internet and India is finally seeing much better internet access all over the country with connections of 10 – 100 MBps getting pretty common. The pings for games however vary with ISPs and cities.

Does EA/DICE benefit from this? Yes and no. No, because we have to connect via UAE/EU/HK servers which introduce high latencies.

Can India become a bigger market within this pie? Yes! With better access to gaming servers, India has the potential to match China/ Korea/ US in a few years.

India is one of around only 13 countries in the world which has amazon data centers.https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/global-infrastructure/

The indian esports market is at a nascent stage but it is set to explode.
India could easily host a league for nearby countries including UAE/SG/Nepal/Bhutan/Pakistan/Thailand/Bangladesh/Singapore.

Also distance from uae to chennai by air is around 2920 km.
So India can server as an excellent hub for indian subcontinent (India, nepal, bhutan, pakistan, sri lanka, bangladesh+ thailand/sg)

games like cs/dota have 4.5 million players.

1) India has around 7 million pc gamers.

2) India has around 4-5 million cs/dota players. Most of these players would give Battlefield a shot if EA/DICE was targeting india properly.

3) India will have around 37 million fixed broadband connections by the end of 2017 (top 10 in the world)

4) Reliance jio plans to roll out a pan india fiber network. This is a company headed by one of the top 30 wealthiest billionaires on the planet. Jio's 4g rollout was able to acquire 100 million customers within 170 days.Imagine what they will do to the broadband landscape over the next 2 years?One of the major reasons gaming became huge in Korea was widespread broadband back when they did the olympics... India is on the cusp of a major boom in this key infra area.

5) Indian servers can serve India+sg+thai land+sri lanka+pakistan+nepal+bhutan.Both the current and future potential of this market justifies the investment.

6) potential as a data hub. This has already been seen by amazon (Amazon has made india one of only 13 regions which has a data center because India's location makes it a prime candidate to server a data hub. i.e our playerbase could be 0 and we would still be an excellent hub)

7) Valve/steam has made inroads into the Indian gaming market and they will reap huge rewards over the next 10 years.

I am an active member of the Battlefield India community which consists of several thousand passionate gamers. Within the short period time we’ve been playing, several of our players have made it to the World leaderboards in previous battlefield titles. There are also many who are working hard towards gaining higher Ranks in world leaderboards. I spend at least 4 hours every day and I know there are many others who play even longer.We do not get ping below 100

Comments

• DeadlyDanDaMan
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I mean, they have servers in Asia, and India is a part of Asia, soooooo....
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    4814 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Doesn't work that way. East and West coasts are part of US but those have separate servers for each own. I believe every big region deserves to have servers no matter what.
  • ComputerK8ller
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

depends which part of the asia it's huge lol

AP gets 40-300ms on SEA india is a huge country and 140+ on HK it's not that simple
  • ComputerK8ller

Doesn't work that way. East and West coasts are part of US but those have separate servers for each own. I believe every big region deserves to have servers no matter what.

agreed we were forced to play BF1 at 140+ms ping even tho servers were optimized for AP region overall MP XP was not good enough for us esp for a game worth 8000 INR
  • DingoKillr
    3322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

He is right and with logic like that DICE should move all US servers to Puerto Rico after all they still in the US.