This Week in Battlefield V - November 5th - Early Access Launch Edition

danmotoxx
105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager
edited November 9
jCxSjpL.jpg

Welcome to the November 5th Early Access Launch edition of This Week in Battlefield V!

The focus over the next week is the early access launch of Battlefield V on November 9th for Origin Access and EA Access, with additional concentration on what to expect for PC players, how to experience BFV if you’re new to the franchise (or didn’t play Beta), and all-new gameplay videos and a launch trailer.

As always, timing on these items can always shift, but we want to give you a glimpse into what we have planned so you can tune in as each beat goes live.

This Week in Battlefield V

Last Saturday, November 3rd & Last Sunday, November 4th
  • Battlefield V Launch Capture Event – We held an event in Stockholm as we hosted notable Game Changers from the Battlefield community where they got hands on with the launch build, captured gameplay, and are prepping videos for release later this week.

Monday, November 5th
  • Web – The Modes of Battlefield V – Battlefield.com will be updated with the rundown of modes available on launch day.

Tuesday, November 6th
  • LIVE NOW Takeover - @EA_DICE Twitter Takeover with Jaqub Ajmal, Producer – Jaqub will be taking to Twitter and showing us an insider look at live services production.

Wednesday, November 7th
  • LIVE NOW Takeover - @EA_DICE Twitter Takeover with Jaqub Ajmal, Producer – Jaqub will be taking to Twitter and showing us an insider look at live services production.

Thursday, November 8th
  • LIVE NOW Video – Battlefield V Launch Capture Event Game Changers Experiences – Our Game Changers who attended the past weekend’s launch capture event will be releasing their personal experiences with Battlefield V.
  • LIVE NOW Video – Battlefield V Dev Talks #7: DICE Devs Play Battlefield V – In this episode, we talk about Grand Operations and development of the mode.
  • LIVE NOW Blog – Battlefield V Launch Notes (Summarized & Full Launch Notes) – Although we summarize the various improvements and updates we’ve rolled into launch since Beta, there will be a link to the full launch notes where you can dive into the thick of what we’ve changed.
  • LIVE NOW Blog – How to Play Battlefield V’s Grand Operations – A guide on how to play Grand Operations with pro tips from our DICE Devs.
  • LIVE NOW Blog – Battlefield V PC Player’s Performance Guide - Prepare your best rig and reap the benefits of Battlefield on PC.

Friday, November 9th
  • Launch – Battlefield V Early Access Launch – Jump into Battlefield V early with Origin Access Premier (PC), Origin Access Basic (PC), and EA Access (Xbox One). Reference the Ways to Play Early blog for access breakdown details.
  • Trailer – Battlefield V Official Launch Trailer – A brand-new trailer as we celebrate the early access release of Battlefield V.
  • Blog – What’s New in Battlefield V – Here are five new things Battlefield veterans and newcomers can expect in Battlefield V.
  • Blog – The Battlefield V Beginner’s Guide – Check out our beginners guide on how to play Battlefield V and find your way.
  • Blog – Kill More, Die Less with Battlefield V Boot Camp – From top ten tips to deep dives, get all the info you need to survive on the battlefield.
  • Blog Series - How-To Videos - Brief blogs with embedded gameplay tutorials.
  • Web Update - Battlefield V Boot Camp - Landing page dedicated to learning how to play Battlefield V complete with tutorial videos.
  • Article - Battlefield V Weekly Debrief – Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums. ICYMI, here’s last week’s Battlefield V Weekly Debrief.
  • Takeover - @EA_DICE Twitter Takeover with Jaqub Ajmal, Producer – Jaqub will be taking to Twitter and showing us an insider look at live services production.

I'm hyped for the release of BFV (especially after last weekend's capture event... I couldn't get enough of Conquest on Devastation). I can only imagine you are as well! Let us know your thoughts below.

Edit: The Battlefield V PC Player’s Performance Guide blog has been moved to Tuesday publish.

Edit #2: The Battlefield V PC Player’s Performance Guide blog has been moved again to a Wednesday publish.

Edit #3: The Modes of Battlefield V web update has been delayed as we are still working on finalizing assets. We'll let you know when we have rescheduled it's publish.

Edit #4 : The Battlefield V PC Player’s Performance Guide blog has been moved again to a Thursday publish. Blogs that have been recently published have their status changed to LIVE NOW and links provided. Updated accurate blog titles and descriptions for Friday's publications.

Edit #5: The Bootcamp blogs, videos, and landing page have been delayed. We'll keep you updated with their rescheduled release.
Post edited by danmotoxx on

Comments

• DarkestHour138
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    warslag wrote: »
    Basically, nothing happens until Thursday. Dice have had all their YouTube puppets in and JackFrags and all his cronies will be releasing their BFV videos on Thursday 8th.

There'll also be another dev talk on Thursday, as well. This one will be on Grand Operations. This is probably what most Battlefield players will be anticipating this week.

Most importantly, possibly, is the dev blog on Thursday explaining how to actually play Grand Operations. This is with the devs rather than YouTubers. So this might actually be worth a look.

I don't know about all this Twitter stuff. I've hardly ever been on Twitter. Seems like a competition on digital typewriters a bit like the forums. Avoid.

Friday the 9th is launch day for all those who have paid through the nose for BFV. For all those of you who are NOT about to die because you didn't fall for it, I salute you! o7

Oh look There's a new trailer on Friday. Seems like they don't expect everyone to be playing today.

And finally, Dan is 'hyped' for the cynical early access release of BFV.

Some people just have EA Access or Origin Access already, not just to play BFV early. It's a good deal for playing their sports titles. We didn't fall for anything, just know a good deal when we see one.
  • DarkestHour138
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @danmotoxx do you know when the forums will be expanded so we can start recruiting and discussing specifics for each platform?
  • Mystriall
    414 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i bought the premier membership for 1 month even though i pre-purchased the deluxe, simply to cut my waiting time. I don't care, i just wanna play. And i've wasted alot more money on other stuff. £15 is basically nothing, and for it i get to start having fun 1 week earlier.
    -
    This might have been a strategic choice made by DICE/EA due to the low pre-orders, to be honest.
  • Popa2caps
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    danmotoxx wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »
    Basically, nothing happens until Thursday. Dice have had all their YouTube puppets in and JackFrags and all his cronies will be releasing their BFV videos on Thursday 8th.

There'll also be another dev talk on Thursday, as well. This one will be on Grand Operations. This is probably what most Battlefield players will be anticipating this week.

Most importantly, possibly, is the dev blog on Thursday explaining how to actually play Grand Operations. This is with the devs rather than YouTubers. So this might actually be worth a look.

I don't know about all this Twitter stuff. I've hardly ever been on Twitter. Seems like a competition on digital typewriters a bit like the forums. Avoid.

Friday the 9th is launch day for all those who have paid through the nose for BFV. For all those of you who are NOT about to die because you didn't fall for it, I salute you! o7

Oh look There's a new trailer on Friday. Seems like they don't expect everyone to be playing today.

And finally, Dan is 'hyped' for the cynical early access release of BFV.

How much salt did you put on your eggs this morning? Calm down there, man. Some of us are quite excited to get hands on with BFV by any means possible.

lol that was great
  • Radious1987
    333 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ready for friday! Already boarded Hype Train, nothing can stop it now!
  • TheRealCrazyJo
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hello guys, did anything change with the Origin Access Premier program? Because BFV just disappeared from my games library and from Origin Access Premier games vault... :)
  • eelSkillz
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 6
    Hello guys, did anything change with the Origin Access Premier program? Because BFV just disappeared from my games library and from Origin Access Premier games vault... :)
    It looks like BFV is still included in the Origin Access Premier for me.
    Friday, November 9th
    (...)
    [*] Trailer – Battlefield V Official Launch Trailer – A brand-new trailer as we celebrate the early access release of Battlefield V.
    Oh so Friday, November 9th is the Battlefield V Official Launch day... Good to know. I would appreciate being able to play the game I bought on it's launch day.
    I might be neat-picking but I guess I'm just salty about the release schedule.
    How much salt did you put on your eggs this morning? Calm down there, man.
    Granted, warslag's comment might have been a bit too harsh, but you can't deny that we have a good reason to be disappointed about the release schedule. By "we" I mean people that pre-ordered the game in order to be able to play it as soon as possible.
    Some of us are quite excited to get hands on with BFV by any means possible.
    I think that everyone on this forum is excited to get their hands on BFV ASAP, but it doesn't make it fair to ask for extra money on top BFV Deluxe (already high) price to get access to it.
    Mystriall wrote: »
    i bought the premier membership for 1 month even though i pre-purchased the deluxe, simply to cut my waiting time. I don't care, i just wanna play. And i've wasted alot more money on other stuff. £15 is basically nothing, and for it i get to start having fun 1 week earlier.
    Yeah, it's not a life changing sum, but imagine a world where everyone who paid for a product get access to it on the same day. Just a thought.
    Mystriall wrote: »
    This might have been a strategic choice made by DICE/EA due to the low pre-orders, to be honest.
    This is probably the exact reason, but does it make the decision right? I think not, just more understandable.
    Malakatta wrote: »
    I was so disappointed on that move as well, didn't cancel nor bought the ea access, but just... disappointed. :(
    Same here. Feels bad, man.
  • Jaskaman
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 7
    Popa2caps wrote: »
    @danmotoxx wrote
    Early access for premier on the 9th is a slap in the face for those who bought Deluxe. Just saying.

100% so true, If someone already paid the full amount for the title, they should get the title first. Pre orders should be the 9th with Ea access and premier.

Should be according to who? They are advertising Origin Premier with this way. And I do not see the problem with it. :)

(Only problem I see that there is no when Rentable servers are out for BFV, but that's another story)
    Post edited by Jaskaman on
  • Gregski1988
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    multiplayer will be availble on friday with the release?
  • olavafar
    1531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @danmotoxx wrote
    Early access for premier on the 9th is a slap in the face for those who bought Deluxe. Just saying.

I can agree to that. Very good description also. A slap hurts and although not really causing any damage really makes you feel mistreated, and for no good reason in this case.
  • Jaskaman
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    @danmotoxx wrote

I can agree to that. Very good description also. A slap hurts and although not really causing any damage really makes you feel mistreated, and for no good reason in this case.

When you bought the deluxe edition, they said that it will have an early access. And it's true. When Origin Premier came, it was advertized that it will be even earlier access, so I do not see any mistreat there. Sure it could feel like that for the people who bought Deluxe, but it shouldn't.
  • olavafar
    1531 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    olavafar wrote: »
    @danmotoxx wrote

When you bought the deluxe edition, they said that it will have an early access. And it's true. When Origin Premier came, it was advertized that it will be even earlier access, so I do not see any mistreat there. Sure it could feel like that for the people who bought Deluxe, but it shouldn't.

I can agree it shouldn't but it does anyway. Basically why 'slap' is the perfect word for it. It was mainly a timing thing. I would most likely not have bought the Deluxe package if I knew this Premium access would be announced a week after. Let's say you have gone for Premium access, assume now they'd start a new service today called 'Platinum' access. It costs 2$ more each month but you get access to all new steam games and rock star games too + can start playing battlefield today. Would it feel totally ok? I think many would feel slightly slapped in the face even though they did not miss out on any promise given.

By the time I bought Deluxe, it actually said 'be the first to enter...' which was later removed and it only says 'early access' now. Actually also Premier marketing lies slightly as it says "get access 11 days before anyone else" which is not true as it is not 11 days before the 'early access' customers.
  • Jaskaman
    Well, if you really care about playing earlier, some people has been cancelling Deluxe order and buying Origin Premier instead. :)
  • olavafar
    Jaskaman wrote: »
    Well, if you really care about playing earlier, some people has been cancelling Deluxe order and buying Origin Premier instead. :)

I contemplated it and I'd do it if it was a fist stroke to the chin but for a slap... no (I'll stick to BF1 a few days more. With some luck I get the one missing medal listed for me next week.).
  • danmotoxx
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager
    Definitely understand and see the frustration, everyone. I'm collating feedback and sending along to our teams.