BFV dedicated servers

Comments

• Metal_Jockets
    174 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    RIP RSP
  • Radious1987
    337 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nyaasensei wrote: »
    Plus lets not forget how toxic The kids are on official servers. I love moderated chats
    Sry for double post stupid phone

Well BF5 chat is now moderated more then ever. Almost every word is banned so yo uwont see much in the chat except ********** :-)
  • -Antares65z
    1220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Plus lets not forget how toxic The kids are on official servers. I love moderated chats

Well BF5 chat is now moderated more then ever. Almost every word is banned so yo uwont see much in the chat except ********** :-)

Will there be any punishments (getting kicked) for continued attempts at using foul/racist language in the chat? Sounds like something they should have done years ago.
  • Horseysaur
    11 postsMember Member

Will there be any punishments (getting kicked) for continued attempts at using foul/racist language in the chat? Sounds like something they should have done years ago.

I believe EA’s approach to this is by filtering bad language, punishment will not be required since players won’t see the bad stuff.

This adds to my suspicion that EA disallowed 3rd-party tools, such as ProCon, which used punishments like kick/ban.
    On BF1, EA attempted (but never implemented) a ping filter that blocked high ping players from getting into servers, thereby eliminating the need to kick them.
  • Nateoxide
    106 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Horseysaur wrote: »

I believe EA’s approach to this is by filtering bad language, punishment will not be required since players won’t see the bad stuff.

This adds to my suspicion that EA disallowed 3rd-party tools, such as ProCon, which used punishments like kick/ban.
    On BF1, EA attempted (but never implemented) a ping filter that blocked high ping players from getting into servers, thereby eliminating the need to kick them.

Are you sure that's correct? 'LATENCY LOCK' ON or OFF .... Pretty sure it's set to 100 or region based. Will put the BF1 server in Custom Mode (Gives you warnings on small ping spikes) it really isn't good but it's implemented.
  • I have a noob question:

BFBC2 had "private servers" that were free alternative servers that were used for clan battles and other gimmick stuff.

What is the "for-dummies" explanation for what the difference is between BFBC2's private servers and the RSP?

I know one cost money, but is that literally all the difference is? Is it any different on DICE's end?
  • Mystriall
    434 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I miss the days of dedicated server files.
  • Nyaasensei
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have a noob question:

BFBC2 had "private servers" that were free alternative servers that were used for clan battles and other gimmick stuff.

What is the "for-dummies" explanation for what the difference is between BFBC2's private servers and the RSP?

I know one cost money, but is that literally all the difference is? Is it any different on DICE's end?

Plugins. The amount of things an admin could do to manage The server.
  • -Antares65z
    1220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited November 5
    I have a noob question:

Plugins. The amount of things an admin could do to manage The server.

Actually you can configure a fair amount of VARS in RSP, such as turning off planes but not armor. Or removing a class like Scout or Elites. You can alter the minimum number of players to start a round from 20 to 6. You can turn off map voting, assign Standard Issue Rifles to all classes as well as some other stuff. The problem is, as soon as you make any changes to the Official settings, it makes the server Custom and then it disappears from the browser with default settings. Which means that it gets buried in the Custom server graveyard and will most likely never get traffic. There are only a handful of successful Custom servers. But you're right in that it doesn't support plugins and doesn't have the amount of customization that Procon plugins have to offer.
    Post edited by -Antares65z on
  • FriendlyFire1
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Which means that it gets buried in the Custom server graveyard and will most likely never get traffic. There are only a handful of successful Custom servers.

This was my main point in my earlier post. I'd rather BFV have fun and interesting game modes, with a variety of styles of play, than "custom servers" which hardly have any traffic.

15 years ago I would be pushing for custom servers for PC players, today consoles have 2x (or more) player populations and no one cares about "custom" games.
  • Jaskaman
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 7
  • Reverend-1313
    178 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    Jaskaman wrote: »

Wow what a joke. Glad i never gave EA any money for BF1 or this BFV garbage. Pretty soon this thread will be locked & forum as well just like they did with the BF1 rental server program. They locked out the entire forum for users who purchased the game so they could remove all the players who were asking for RSP to be improved before they purchase.
  • ElStryfe
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    David's comment about RSP:
    Wow what a joke. Glad i never gave EA any money for BF1 or this BFV garbage. Pretty soon this thread will be locked & forum as well just like they did with the BF1 rental server program. They locked out the entire forum for users who purchased the game so they could remove all the players who were asking for RSP to be improved before they purchase.

I know I'm not spending one red cent on the game until we have some kind of information on the RSP. And based on what I've seen thus far from a couple people streaming the game.. It's a hot pile of poo... Oh, and they deleted my last post and probably this one as well.
  • CrashCA
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    At least, they are letting us post here again
  • Jaskaman
    577 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    I was able to post normally all the time....
  • ElStryfe
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Sounds like to me they got offended by some of the comments and criticism?
  • -Antares65z
    I was able to post normally all the time....

For some reason the "Quote" option to device a reply wasn't available on certain threads/groups. Seems to be working again.
  • S1n31ra
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    RSP is a MUST for the community.
  • DFM-BagofPoo
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited November 11
    EA can implement RSP for this game and still be able to make almost everyone somewhat happy.

If it were just a matter of “life-cycling” the game, then let EA terminate RSP for BF5, when the next BF game comes out.
    EA can then put in RSP for the next BF title.

As for the crybabies who scream badmin all the time, I believe if EA redesigns the layout of the server browser and server listings, where it clearly marks a community server as one that will kick and ban, perhaps less players will go into these servers who don’t want to be punished.

EA, RSP is not rocket science, is it?