What you WILL miss from BF1?

llPhantom_Limbll
3915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Following the existing thread https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160771/what-you-wont-miss-from-bf1
Now I want to ask a different question: what were the enjoyable things in bf1 which won't appear in bfv for one reason or another and you'll miss those?
For me it's definitely Cavalry class, I'll miss the horses very much in bfv.
What about you?

Comments

• boutneus
    2382 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Proper vehicle play, vehicles in bfV are a joke especially being tied to supply depots (wtf).
  • Gforce81
    3327 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was thinking about this the other day:

Being able to highlight a flag I'm approaching with a flare. I've gotten pretty good at aiming the trajectory of the flare, land it right on the zone from ~130 meters out as I'm running towards the zone.

I know they are aiming for less passive spotting in BFV, and I'm not arguing with that direction.

There's just something awesome about being able to highlight a swarm of enemies barreling towards a flag of ours from over 100 meters away
  • NLBartmaN
    1897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Soldiers at both sides looking like a proper army with the same basic uniforms.

Spotting to stop hiding (spawn)campers

Proper grenades, not grenades that barely do damage.

TTK 1.0, so I had a chance to compensate for the poor server performance when high pingers joined a server.

Variation in play possibilties, things like cavalry, elite classes, behemoths, gadgets gave lots of variations and options to PTFO and force a breakthrough.

The BF V Beta felt predictable and repetitive after some rounds, never got surprised or had some extra challenges.

And indeed the very good vehicle play in BF1.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    1419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 6
    Vehicle gameplay. In BF5 Beta vehicles were total trash. Tanks are underpowered. Flight physics feel stiffer than my ex in bed.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1239 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So @Trokey66 are you saying you like limpets? Seems that way, but I can't be exactly sure.
  • staRS-SirBob
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The quit button :smiley:
  • SRI_simon
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    hm for me its probably just the pickup classes and behemoths i thought those were neat, i hated the shooting mechanics of BF1 so im glad BFV is going back to nromal
  • Faylum
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Vehicle play, the weapons despite most of them never existing in the war itself and the gritty depiction of that war, with immerse realism. BFV's women storming Normandy will be a political stunt that i am not happy in supporting.

But at least i wont have to stare at that bald Russian propaganda piece on the front loading screen to a game set in WW1. Now i am trading up to a full head of hair female propaganda piece on the front loading screen to a game set in WW2. Can't wait for Battlefield:Napoleonic War, the front loading screen will have a female Sasquatch on it...
  • cso7777
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Been going back to BF4 Conquest and it is very chaotic - like one big TDM. BF1 is way more tactical/organized than BF4, because of the weapons (in BF1) are so different for each class. The good thing in BF4 is that all players can play at all engagement-distances, but the downside is that people often just run around like chickens, all over the maps and you get shot from all angles randomly.

Hopefully BFV will be more organized like BF1 and less like BF4 in that sense.
  • Trokey66
    6364 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So @Trokey66 are you saying you like limpets? Seems that way, but I can't be exactly sure.

I dabble occasionally......
  • ProAssassin2003
    1998 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Following the existing thread https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160771/what-you-wont-miss-from-bf1
    Now I want to ask a different question: what were the enjoyable things in bf1 which won't appear in bfv for one reason or another and you'll miss those?
    For me it's definitely Cavalry class, I'll miss the horses very much in bfv.
    What about you?

No more horses is a Pre Order feature for BFV.

• ProAssassin2003
    1998 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    cso7777 wrote: »
    Been going back to BF4 Conquest and it is very chaotic - like one big TDM. BF1 is way more tactical/organized than BF4, because of the weapons (in BF1) are so different for each class. The good thing in BF4 is that all players can play at all engagement-distances, but the downside is that people often just run around like chickens, all over the maps and you get shot from all angles randomly.

Hopefully BFV will be more organized like BF1 and less like BF4 in that sense.

BF1 isn't tactical. Not with 20 spot flares, explosive spam and more.
  • TEKNOCODE
    8830 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    @LOLGotYerTags see what I mean! Every bloody thread!

As to the subject at hand, not sure if there will be a 'limpet equivalent' in BFV but if not, t bagging a full tank after a particularly sneaky Limpet attack.

OR

Bringing down a building full of camping snipers with a Limpet.

Oh, and when some one knifes me unbeknown that I have thrown out a Limpet, they start bagging then, KABOOM!

Basically, Limpets.
    This ^. @Trokey66

Also, the inauthenticity of bf1.
  • crabman169
    12304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @Trokey66

Limpets see apprantly coming soon

Tellermines may be a replacement of the game let's them be magnetic as they should be; not to mention the zimmermet paint upgrade on the German vehicles
  • Sixclicks
    4099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 7
    Same as I said in other similar threads... Bolt actions that are actually good and don't do a measly 60 max damage.

I guess I'll also miss baiting players in to HE tripwires. Especially cavalry. Most of them fall for it all the time. Placing 2 right in their path is a guaranteed kill if they run through them to get to you.
  • JelleMees_Twitch
    340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Nothing. Because I will keep playing it :)
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Same as I said in other similar threads... Bolt actions that are actually good and don't do a measly 60 max damage.

I guess I'll also miss baiting players in to HE tripwires. Especially cavalry. Most of them fall for it all the time. Placing 2 right in their path is a guaranteed kill if they run through them to get to you.

I've seen plenty of such scout-baiters while playing as horse-lover. They expect you to fall for it but instead get simply outsmarted and killed with a rifle.
  • Sixclicks
    4099 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've seen plenty of such scout-baiters while playing as horse-lover. They expect you to fall for it but instead get simply outsmarted and killed with a rifle.

Not a lot of cavalry players actually use their rifle. So it works most of the time.
  • NLBartmaN
    1897 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 7

Not a lot of cavalry players actually use their rifle. So it works most of the time.

Standing still playing cavalry is not smart and I have a hard time aiming when riding the horse, so I always throw a grenade at a sniper that is shooting me to clear the tripwires.

Killed some snipers with their own tripwires that way :D

But will miss both the cavalry and the BF1 (HE) tripwires, had lots of fun moments with both.