What you WILL miss from BF1?

Comments

• Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Sixclicks wrote: »

Not a lot of cavalry players actually use their rifle. So it works most of the time.

Standing still playing cavalry is not smart and I have a hard time aiming when riding the horse, so I always throw a grenade at a sniper that is shooting me to clear the tripwires.

Killed some snipers with their own tripwires that way :D

But will miss both the cavalry and the BF1 (HE) tripwires, had lots of fun moments with both.

I've seen a few cavalry players do that. But they're also pretty uncommon. Most cavalry randoms just run straight at you without thinking much about it. Sometimes I get caught up in my own tripwire bomb if I don't have much time to react to them coming towards me though. But I'm willing to take that trade if it kills the cavalry player too.

Good cavalry players are definitely a lot harder to deal with. Against one of them, I generally swap to assault to use the AT rocket gun to take them out.
  • NLBartmaN
    3668 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I've seen a few cavalry players do that. But they're also pretty uncommon. Most cavalry randoms just run straight at you without thinking much about it. Sometimes I get caught up in my own tripwire bomb if I don't have much time to react to them coming towards me though. But I'm willing to take that trade if it kills the cavalry player too.

Good cavalry players are definitely a lot harder to deal with. Against one of them, I generally swap to assault to use the AT rocket gun to take them out.

I am rank 50 Cavalry, so I have some experience with snipers and Tripwires, had some great encounters and battles with snipers.

I was killed a lot by Tripwires in the first 10 Ranks, so your trick indeed does work on inexperienced Cavalry :D
    Although not a lot of snipers use the Tripwires.

But yeah, biggest infantry threat to Cavalry is the AT rocket gun, I am always on the lookout for those when I play Cavalry ...
  • x_Undaunted_x
    3765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »
    Basically, Limpets.

I will absolutely miss limpets. It's one of the funnest gadget I've used in a BF game.

And yes - getting a kill from one after you're dead is sweet revenge.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Vehicle gameplay. In BF5 Beta vehicles were total trash. Tanks are underpowered. Flight physics feel stiffer than my ex in bed.

Scrap that. Dice dev confirmed buffs for airplanes and tanks. Gotta wait till Friday to test them out.

• BaronVonGoon
    6975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I won't miss ANYTHING in BF1. The explosive spam has gotten so old. The gunplay plain SUCKS. TTK is wayyy too slow. Spread is extremely annoying. Some of the maps can become quite ugly with all the smoke and fog and ugly. Snipers sweet spot combined with aim assist ughh im just over it, don't care to deal with that anymore.

I guess I'm just really bored of BF1.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Same as I said in other similar threads... Bolt actions that are actually good and don't do a measly 60 max damage.

I guess I'll also miss baiting players in to HE tripwires. Especially cavalry. Most of them fall for it all the time. Placing 2 right in their path is a guaranteed kill if they run through them to get to you.

I've seen plenty of such scout-baiters while playing as horse-lover. They expect you to fall for it but instead get simply outsmarted and killed with a rifle.

Not a lot of cavalry players actually use their rifle. So it works most of the time.

This is true not many will use their rifle. The times I’ve grabbed a horse it’s the first thing I switch to.

I generally run into xalavary like this
  • BaronVonGoon
    6975 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Can cavalry switch his gun to something other than the rifle?
  • Schlep2112
    68 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Following the existing thread https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/160771/what-you-wont-miss-from-bf1
    Now I want to ask a different question: what were the enjoyable things in bf1 which won't appear in bfv for one reason or another and you'll miss those?
    For me it's definitely Cavalry class, I'll miss the horses very much in bfv.
    What about you?

3D spotting, able to heal on your own, being able to see people when flying planes
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Imabaka70 wrote: »
    Same as I said in other similar threads... Bolt actions that are actually good and don't do a measly 60 max damage.

I guess I'll also miss baiting players in to HE tripwires. Especially cavalry. Most of them fall for it all the time. Placing 2 right in their path is a guaranteed kill if they run through them to get to you.

I've seen plenty of such scout-baiters while playing as horse-lover. They expect you to fall for it but instead get simply outsmarted and killed with a rifle.

This is true not many will use their rifle. The times I’ve grabbed a horse it’s the first thing I switch to.

Not on PC. At least not in my experience. I'd say at least 75% of cavalry players that I've run into are charging around with the sword or lance. I sometimes run into rifle users, but they usually can't hit much and stand still and end up dying in a halestorm of bullets. I rarely ever see them swap between the two.
  • Imabaka70
    2432 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Not on PC. At least not in my experience. I'd say at least 75% of cavalry players that I've run into are charging around with the sword or lance. I sometimes run into rifle users, but they usually can't hit much and stand still and end up dying in a halestorm of bullets. I rarely ever see them swap between the two.

This is true the bit of time I was able to play on Pc a laid back server felt like a try hard server compared to ps4.

The skill ceiling is so much different
  • NLBartmaN
    3668 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Schlep2112 wrote: »

being able to see people when flying planes

Next to faster flying and better turning, today also was announced on the Dice Twitter account that being able to see persons on the ground from a plane should be better in the final game.

Almost all feedback/complaints about flying in the Beta are addressed with changes and tweaks.
  • Imabaka70

Next to faster flying and better turning, today also was announced on the Dice Twitter account that being able to see persons on the ground from a plane should be better in the final game.

Almost all feedback/complaints about flying in the Beta are addressed with changes and tweaks.

Add to this the upgrade to have a spotting scope added to the plane I saw in the beta will probably make it to the final game.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    3121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Add to this the upgrade to have a spotting scope added to the plane I saw in the beta will probably make it to the final game.

I think we're set for infantry farming :D
  • Trokey66
    8602 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Just as long as there is no Heavy Bomber......
  • CSO7777
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In BF4 planes worked way better than in BF1. Even choppers work way better, because you can hear them (and not like BF1 where you hear them when the bombs land on you). BF4 has bigger problems with vehicles that are almost totally silent (and accelerates like a Ferrari).

The new turret speed should make tanks more fair to infantry. Hopefully the planes can be heard and because of the new ammo-system they cannot just keep strafing infantry over and over.
  • Imabaka70

If there is a heavy bomber I wanna be able to snipe the pilot like I do in bf1 followed by a dip dip potato chip till I can’t dip dip no more
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    5750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

If there is a heavy bomber I wanna be able to snipe the pilot like I do in bf1 followed by a dip dip potato chip till I can’t dip dip no more

If I remember correctly people tried to check if it was possible to snipe the pilot out of the plane in bfv. And it wasn't because of invisible wall all around the head.
  • Imabaka70

If I remember correctly people tried to check if it was possible to snipe the pilot out of the plane in bfv. And it wasn't because of invisible wall all around the head.

I know ravic and music did try to in the alpha and the beta

Alpha no player model and the beta there was a player model but protected by invisible wall/ armored.

I remember watching the gunner get sniped out by someone though.

When the game comes out I’ll do some testing myself. If I haven’t seen someone test it

• ElliotLH
    8672 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'll definitely miss cavalry as when it works, and the horse doesn't get stuck on a small rock, it's so much fun. I'm also going to miss Amiens and Argonne but I'm sure there will be BFV maps I enjoy just as much. Finally, limpets.
  • V2Face
    2671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Having enough ammo to last me all my engagements, no scavenger system without the perk. Calvary was quite fun to play and was a unique vehicle for battlefield. Operations without the Battle royal twist. Most weapons in the game were unique and had advantages and disadvantages.