Is this a scam (updated)?

MOSSAD-RECRUITER
155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
edited November 8
I preordered Deluxe version long time ago. Just before the beta. First, the release date was set to October. Then delayed to November. "Fine, I can wait". I prefer a better developed game on launch, and if it takes extra time thats how it gonna be.
But what is totally unacceptable is that it was marketed with early access, and later on it turns out that it is not. I suddenly now need to buy a monthly fee of Origin Premium Access on TOP of that??? Deluxe is NOT early access, if other options are earlier. You can not market two products and call them both early this way. So the marketing for Deluxe was misleading, and if I am not mistaken it is also cheaper to buy Basis + 1 month premium to get EARLIER access than Deluxe. If not scam, I certainly feel scammed.

UPDATE:
I now subscribed and paid for Origin Premium Access. And like suggested here, after the subscription the software asked automatically if I wanted to cancel and refund the preorder version. "Yes". But when I was redirected to their site, it said: "You don't have any games that qualify for a refund right now. " I haven't launched the game and I am within the other terms.
So, basically I have paid for and stuck with two versions now. Thanks EA... Not!
Post edited by MOSSAD-RECRUITER on

Comments

• TEKNOCODE
    8837 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lmfao. Man, people get so offended about the littlest things these days.
  • TEKNOCODE
    8837 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Yeah, you just got offended by adults addressing marketing tactics.

If you call that offended; I’m at a loss for words.

EA is providing choices. It’s simple to determine which choice works best for you.

Do you want to know a real scam? McDonald’s.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You're definitely NOT need to purchase Origin access in any way. If you want you can but nobody is forcing you. Deluxe edition will still grant you 5 days of access prior to official release day.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

EA is providing choices. It’s simple to determine which choice works best for you.

You are trying to troll me, and it is not working.
  • YourLocalPlumber
    1421 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You got offended because you have to wait extra 5 days?
  • TEKNOCODE

You are trying to troll me, and it is not working.

I don’t troll. I seriously don’t understand the perceived issue here.
  • DarkestHour138
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Deluxe is early access, you are getting it five days earlier than standard. Early Access does not equal first access. First access is through OAP.
  • ElliotLH
    3719 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 8
    You do still technically get early access with the Deluxe Edition pre-order so can't really call it a scam. They also didn't state how much early access would be provided or that another version might be available sooner.

I would agree that it's not especially good marketing as there is a chance that people will be upset, as has been the case, but that's up to them.

BTW I'm in the same boat as I pre-ordered Deluxe in a store - I just don't personally mind waiting a bit longer than the EA Access and Origin users.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    You're definitely NOT need to purchase Origin access in any way. If you want you can but nobody is forcing you. Deluxe edition will still grant you 5 days of access prior to official release day.

Nobody if forcing me, but when I buy a product it should be what it is marketed as, what I expect, and priced the right way. This is not.
    First of all, the release date when buying was October month.
    It is not "early access" if other options are earlier. On the purchase page it also say early access for only Premium Access now : https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy

• bocieque
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From today you can play only with having OA premier, if you buy a game and have OA premier you cant :D.
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    3915 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Nobody if forcing me, but when I buy a product it should be what it is marketed as, what I expect, and priced the right way. This is not.
    First of all, the release date when buying was October month.
    It is not "early access" if other options are earlier. On the purchase page it also say early access for only Premium Access now : https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy

But it is. You've purchased Deluxe edition and will be granted full access to the game 5 days before everyone who got Standard edition plus some other cosmetic stuff. There is no lies. The same thing happened 2 years ago with bf1. If someone wanted to spend even more money they activated Origin access and played even more early but it had nothing to do with Deluxe purchases because Origin access is available to anyone with any version purchased while Deluxe is a separate thing with its own bonuses.
  • Braddock512
    1069 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    edited November 8
    1. Your Deluxe Edition is still early access compared to the Standard Edition which launches on November 20th.
    2. Origin Access Premier is a new program that gives PC users the ability to Play First.
    3. Origin Access Premier is not required unless you want to play on November 9th.

But, to answer your question clearly - No, having different versions is not a scam. If you're dissatisfied with your current choice, you can cancel/refund and purchase Origin Access Premier.

Hope this clears things up.

-Braddock512-
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    edited November 8
    Deluxe is early access, you are getting it five days earlier than standard. Early Access does not equal first access. First access is through OAP.

1. The early access for Deluxe is removed on the purchase page. Just like the standard edition now: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/battlefield/battlefield-5/buy
    In reality it is five days, but the purchase page gives the impression that you can only access early with Origin Premium.

2. This was not the case in the past. Deluxe version gave earliest access.

3. When changing things underway, then it is no longer about what I choose to buy. But about the changes made to what I bought.
  • TEXls1
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So there’s early and early early, got it.
  • crabman169
    12305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    No words.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    1. Your Deluxe Edition is still early access compared to the Standard Edition which launches on November 20th.
    2. Origin Access Premier is a new program that gives PC users the ability to Play First.
    3. Origin Access Premier is not required unless you want to play on November 9th.

But, to answer your question clearly - No, having different versions is not a scam. If you're dissatisfied with your current choice, you can cancel/refund and purchase Origin Access Premier.

-Braddock512-

How can it be my choice, when changes were made AFTER I bought the game?
  • llPhantom_Limbll
    TEXls1 wrote: »
    So there’s early and early early, got it.

Not really, unless you subscribed to Origin Premier on PC which grants full access to the game. Everything else is nothing but a 10-hour trial. And PS4 version doesn't even have that so Deluxe edition is the only way to play early there.
  • Braddock512
    1069 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    The page you linked literally says "Deploy Early into Battlefield V".

It's a bit of a scroll down, but it hasn't been removed. The top part says "Early Access to other EA games" which is not part of Deluxe. It is part of Origin Access Premier.
    Standard Edition never had Early Access.

-Braddock512-
  • TEKNOCODE

-Braddock512-

How can it be my choice, when changes were made AFTER I bought the game?

Cancel the original preorder and purchase the option that you wish.