so , planning on buying Battlefield V or not?

Comments

• warslag
    1365 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    warslag wrote: »

It's 2 maps on top of 8 map so that's 10 maps. I mean how many maps do you need?

I don't need hundreds of guns either I only use 1 at a time and usually settle on one I like.

If I was worried about anything now it would be:

1) Planes

2) Tanks

3) Cheating

4) How cheesy is BFV is it a proper scrap or what?

I was not giving my opinion on if I think 10 maps after 5 months after launch is enough, but about that it looks like everyone understands that the 2 maps thing is about the "poor" extra content of the Live Services and not just 2 maps in total.

There is lots to worry about which has influence on the planning on buying BF V including the things you mention.

There was a poll on Reddit (posted on the fan and critical side of the forum) that illustrated that: most people will wait a couple of weeks/months after launch with deciding to buy or not.

That time will make clear if we will have BR, Platoons, RSP and overall server performance, scale of customizations, vehicle play, number of cheaters on PC, etc ...

BFV doesn't have Premium or season pass so it's cheaper and that's why you might get less bits. But BFV comes with 8 maps and you get even more maps. I don't want millions of maps.

I was worried about lots of little time sinks built into resupply and reviving but I can work around that. That planes play badly and that's unforgiveable. They better sort it out.

When you say that 'most people' will wait to buy BFV that can only mean that if they do buy it that it must be a great game so it's a win/win.

I see similarities between Siege and BFV. Siege started small and grew massive. If it's good they will buy it.

The live service model is perfect for gaming because customers in gaming flock from one product to another. To stop your flock from startling and taking flight you have to keep them happy. Drip feeding your pecking birds content all the time keeps them chirping along. I have to say I do kind of like it myself.

I think live service means you can keep snowballing the game and reeling in more and more players exactly as Siege has done.

If BFV didn't have the negativity from all that controversy then it would probably be on course to be the biggest BF when you take into account all the players it will hoover up along the way.

You shouldn't assume that because someone wants to make as much money as possible that they don't also want to make the best game possible. I think the devs would tell us if that was the case and from the videos they seem to be loving their work.

Obviously there's always concerns and you wouldn't be a gamer if you couldn't mon with the best of them. There's a lot to look forward to with BFV. But at the same time keep one eye open all the time.

But don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
  • WALKINGCORPSE1
    494 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

It's 2 maps on top of 8 map so that's 10 maps. I mean how many maps do you need?

I don't need hundreds of guns either I only use 1 at a time and usually settle on one I like.

If I was worried about anything now it would be:

1) Planes

2) Tanks

3) Cheating

4) How cheesy is BFV is it a proper scrap or what?

I was not giving my opinion on if I think 10 maps after 5 months after launch is enough, but about that it looks like everyone understands that the 2 maps thing is about the "poor" extra content of the Live Services and not just 2 maps in total.

There is lots to worry about which has influence on the planning on buying BF V including the things you mention.

There was a poll on Reddit (posted on the fan and critical side of the forum) that illustrated that: most people will wait a couple of weeks/months after launch with deciding to buy or not.

That time will make clear if we will have BR, Platoons, RSP and overall server performance, scale of customizations, vehicle play, number of cheaters on PC, etc ...

BFV doesn't have Premium or season pass so it's cheaper and that's why you might get less bits. But BFV comes with 8 maps and you get even more maps. I don't want millions of maps.

I was worried about lots of little time sinks built into resupply and reviving but I can work around that. That planes play badly and that's unforgiveable. They better sort it out.

When you say that 'most people' will wait to buy BFV that can only mean that if they do buy it that it must be a great game so it's a win/win.

I see similarities between Siege and BFV. Siege started small and grew massive. If it's good they will buy it.

The live service model is perfect for gaming because customers in gaming flock from one product to another. To stop your flock from startling and taking flight you have to keep them happy. Drip feeding your pecking birds content all the time keeps them chirping along. I have to say I do kind of like it myself.

I think live service means you can keep snowballing the game and reeling in more and more players exactly as Siege has done.

If BFV didn't have the negativity from all that controversy then it would probably be on course to be the biggest BF when you take into account all the players it will hoover up along the way.

You shouldn't assume that because someone wants to make as much money as possible that they don't also want to make the best game possible. I think the devs would tell us if that was the case and from the videos they seem to be loving their work.

Obviously there's always concerns and you wouldn't be a gamer if you couldn't mon with the best of them. There's a lot to look forward to with BFV. But at the same time keep one eye open all the time.

But don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

good info,
  • StormSaxon
    539 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    They could make it so that quitting a match in the last half of the game counts as a loss.

Team Switching should only be allowed if it’s letting you join a friend.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Absolutely the recent news trailers confirms that this is likely to surpass all other battlefields
  • Nonswimmerz
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    instead of more maps. release day/night cycles on all maps. that way 8 feels like 8. but with a bit of a different setting. this is not hard to do either... countless games do this. bf1 could have done this with just the vanilla maps. a year into release and the joy from players would have been great. but again battlefield is lacking in creativity and have to ask the community to bail them out. i wonder why no one wants to buy the reskin bf1 that you dont even have bf1 features.. platoon/clan support. servers.. who is in charge over there man? are you trying to ruin your franchise?
  • TwinGunsLLP
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    BF4 was practically unplayable for me at launch for a few months. BF3 had issues too, but wasn't as bad. I had zero major issues with BF1's launch.

A lot of people had real issues with BF4 at launch, however I played BF4 on all 5 platforms and personally didn't have any real issues like the poster you responded too, just the communal issues like take down the tower = server crash. There were issues but BF4 was not unplayable for everyone. In BF3 I hardly had any issues as well on all three platforms. One thing that we can say is that since BF4 DICE has had smooth launches from a technology point of view since they've learned their lesson. The things that have people up in arms with DICE games lately are game play and design aspects like SWBF2's lootboxes and progression systems and BF5's customization and game play system changes instead of "I can't play my game because it crashes every 2 seconds" like we had with BF4. That's good progress in my opinion since it comes from a difference in vision between the devs and community instead of a lack of QA.

BF4 worked perfectly for me from the get go, and has been perfect ever since. I don't even have the issues many have on Dragon Valley. :)

If every launch was like BF4, gaming as a whole would be a helluva lot better.
  • ahmed9944
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    sticking with bf1
  • beetroot888
    768 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Server disconnected, server disconnected, server disconnected. Now I'll disconnect my wallet from your bank account until you can stabilize your crappy servers. So yeah no I'll not be buying bfanything going forward. Gaming as a whole is still 10 yrs behind technology and as long my as we keep pumping up these scumbags bank accounts nothing will progress.
  • opsis_1
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    BF4 was practically unplayable for me at launch for a few months. BF3 had issues too, but wasn't as bad. I had zero major issues with BF1's launch.

A lot of people had real issues with BF4 at launch, however I played BF4 on all 5 platforms and personally didn't have any real issues like the poster you responded too, just the communal issues like take down the tower = server crash. There were issues but BF4 was not unplayable for everyone. In BF3 I hardly had any issues as well on all three platforms. One thing that we can say is that since BF4 DICE has had smooth launches from a technology point of view since they've learned their lesson. The things that have people up in arms with DICE games lately are game play and design aspects like SWBF2's lootboxes and progression systems and BF5's customization and game play system changes instead of "I can't play my game because it crashes every 2 seconds" like we had with BF4. That's good progress in my opinion since it comes from a difference in vision between the devs and community instead of a lack of QA.

BF4 worked perfectly for me from the get go, and has been perfect ever since. I don't even have the issues many have on Dragon Valley. :)

If every launch was like BF4, gaming as a whole would be a helluva lot better.

Holly crap..finally found someone that had no issues with BF4. Sure we had teething issues first month but after that December patch all was golden for me. The difference maybe my os vista 64.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Server disconnected, server disconnected, server disconnected. Now I'll disconnect my wallet from your bank account until you can stabilize your crappy servers. So yeah no I'll not be buying bfanything going forward. Gaming as a whole is still 10 yrs behind technology and as long my as we keep pumping up these scumbags bank accounts nothing will progress.

Didnt had single server disconnect in BF5 beta and in BF1 i get it maybe once per 2 weeks so dont know what you talking about. Maybe internet in your area is unstable, but that is hardly fault of the game. Black Ops 4 has much bigger problems with server stability now.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I've changed my mind quite a few times. Iam leaning towards no at this point but thinking i may still buy it, just not right away. Not feeling hyped.
    The video that recently came out showing footage of all the launch maps got me interested again but the video's I've just been watching on you tube of game play footage just didn't look very good to me.
    The graphics looked average, maps looked ok but a bit meh-ish, something just looked kind of off or it felt like something was lacking. Looked COD-ish. I do find the female soldiers and gun skins a bit distracting and silly but iam not a massive WW nut or anything like that.
    Maybe iam just a bit bored with Battlefield but the video's i just watched really didn't inspire me at all. There seemed to be a lack of destruction/destructible environment in the videos i watched as well.
    Post edited by SumwhatKrazy on
  • DieHarder55
    79 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Now that I have BF1 (recently purchased) and RDR2, in no hurry to buy BFV. Sure I'll be doing RDR2 online a good bit before getting tired of it. So just not excited and can wait six months or so to possibly buy.

Don't care about customization and all maps / weapons come with single purchase so maybe will buy next year unless given as gift for Xmas.
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    i'm not buying it at the moment

a) i'm waiting for at least a 25% discount on christmas/new year
    b) like bf1, i'm waiting for a 50% discount 6 months after release (think BF1 Revolution edition)
    c) it's incomplete at the moment (no battle royale, etc)

btw, is there still explosives spam in bf5? that's one of my biggest bf1 turn offs...
  • azelenkin0306
    549 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    i'm not buying it at the moment

a) i'm waiting for at least a 25% discount on christmas/new year
    b) like bf1, i'm waiting for a 50% discount 6 months after release (think BF1 Revolution edition)
    c) it's incomplete at the moment (no battle royale, etc)

btw, is there still explosives spam in bf5? that's one of my biggest bf1 turn offs...

Based on the time spent in Beta BFV is a huge improvement in terms of explosives spam comparing to BF1 - no more damn mortars, Bombers, Mortar Landships and Artillery trucks.

But it was beta with a limited content - who knows how it will be in the final game
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And now? The game is amazing. Can’t believe I ever doubted.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This video makes it look a lot better than the other ones i watched. Maybe the other ones were on console or crap PC's?
    This dose look pretty cool and good and appealing. I also like how this guy is honest and admits it doesn't really look or feel like WWII. But loves the game play.
    Looks like a lack of content first up but dose look cool.
    I need to upgrade my PC if iam going to buy this, anyway;
  • Mystriall
    497 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I played for 4 hours yesterday, and i enjoyed every second, even though i only got to play the same 4 maps over and over (didn't play 4 hours straight, so might have gotten unlucky) but i didn't get bored, even on Narvik which i already played alot during alphas and beta.
    -
    Aerodome was a really fun map, so was twisted steel and Arras. I'm not really thinking about "if it looks or feels like WWII".. I'm just having fun :D Can't wait to get off work and back on the battlefield! It's worth the buy in my opinion, no doubts.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I cancelled my preorder so i could get the game early with origin access premier. However i am now thankful i cancelled the deluxe because this game is just garbage. TTK, stupid animations that slow everything down, tanks are pathetic, planes are sluggish and stupid, game is just a shameless grind that isnt even fun and it is just so hard to see people even when they are right in front of you. Garbage game. And i am really sad to have to say that. WW2 is my war and i am distressed that i cannot play this game tactically or skilfully because of the current state its in.
  • COGSx86
    150 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm battlefield
  • IManovBG
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    As I expected. Brainless pew pew pew fest :-) Doesn't matter of you win or lose. Spawn - kill - killed - spawn - kill - killed - spawn - kill - killed and all of this in 1 minute. Good that now we have a shooters where you actually must think, plan things...yeah - pubg.