Is this a scam (updated)?

2»

Comments

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEXls1 wrote: »
    So there’s early and early early, got it.

Not really, unless you subscribed to Origin Premier on PC which grants full access to the game. Everything else is nothing but a 10-hour trial. And PS4 version doesn't even have that so Deluxe edition is the only way to play early there.

The comparison is not Origin Access Premium vs. Origin Acces Standard. But Deluxe version vs. Origin Access Premium.
  • crabman169
    12285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    wmpo.gif

Either buy original premier if you are so mad about it and yet desperate to play it OR just okay the 10 hours trial with origin access and play it fully when deluxe comes out including all the goodies it comes with.

Origin premier isn't a sole battlefield thing; it's an EA thing.
  • Psybernaut
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The problem is that this 'marketing opportunity' has been created by a supposedly necessary delay that leaves people locked out of a finished game beyond it's original release date unless they subscribe to EA's service. It is possible to consider this a little shady.
  • TEKNOCODE
    8797 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Psybernaut wrote: »
    The problem is that this 'marketing opportunity' has been created by a supposedly necessary delay that leaves people locked out of a finished game beyond it's original release date unless they subscribe to EA's service. It is possible to consider this a little shady.

If the game wasn’t delayed, the same early access would be available, so it’s a moot point.
  • Psybernaut
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

If the game wasn’t delayed, the same early access would be available, so it’s a moot point.

Was it advertised like this at the time? I remember the Deluxe version being sold as the method of being first on the battlefield (this has now been removed).

• MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 8
    The page you linked literally says "Deploy Early into Battlefield V".

It's a bit of a scroll down, but it hasn't been removed. The top part says "Early Access to other EA games" which is not part of Deluxe. It is part of Origin Access Premier.
    Standard Edition never had Early Access.

So now you are saying there are two different things here. "Deploy Early" vs. "Early Access". But there are NO specification regarding days on purchase page.
    Deluxe gave the earliest access in previous versions of Battlefield, same day as the origin access. Based on history, marketing, and a purchase page with unspecified information (including agreement page and TOS), how is the right choice possible? It is confusing and misleading at the same time. And no reliable info on different release dates were given at the time I purchased. The delays, and different release dates in Origin, Purchase page, forums and so on, brings additional confusion.
    For me personally, I do not care much about the extra money. I just don't want to wait even more for release, after all these delays. So it is the 10% off the deluxe verison, that I did not get + the premium access that I now have to pay to avoid delay from first game day. Canceling, refund, rebuy, reinstall and so on is off the table. Too much trouble. It is principles, how game is marketed I address here.
  • Popa2caps
    407 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Lmfao. Man, people get so offended about the littlest things these days.

Yeah, you just got offended by adults addressing marketing tactics.

If you call that offended; I’m at a loss for words.

EA is providing choices. It’s simple to determine which choice works best for you.

Do you want to know a real scam? McDonald’s.

hoW dAre yOu bRinG McDonald’s. iNtO tHis! (I'm trying to make my text look sarcastic)

I do like their fries, EA Could do a marketing plan with McDonald’s and i would say "I'm Lovin It" haha
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    edited November 8

I played all Battlefield games, since the beginning. I preordered in the past too. My experience, and personal opinion, is that it is better to delay release, than releasing a game with major bugs or whatever cause the delay technically. Early release can't make up for the frustration related to bugs. It is acceptable, but here we are today. I do not want to wait further, and "Early Access" turns out to be 50% misleading.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    edited November 8

I remember the Deluxe version being sold as the method of being first on the battlefield (this has now been removed).

Correct. And on purchase page it does not specify how many days the early access is for the two different options. Thats where the misleading is. If you want to be first now, you have to pay even more. Even with the 10% off, if you buy the two versions in the right order, it will cost more.

Post edited by MOSSAD-RECRUITER on
  • KatungaJones
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1. Your Deluxe Edition is still early access compared to the Standard Edition which launches on November 20th.
    2. Origin Access Premier is a new program that gives PC users the ability to Play First.
    3. Origin Access Premier is not required unless you want to play on November 9th.

But, to answer your question clearly - No, having different versions is not a scam. If you're dissatisfied with your current choice, you can cancel/refund and purchase Origin Access Premier.

Hope this clears things up.

-Braddock512-

Its late access no matter what since we ordered for October 20-15. The delay was for whatever issues. Its working now good enough for those who pay up.

The hold up is not a technical one. Its a money grab on who wants to play now. I want to play now, I want to play back in October 15.

Is it okay to voice concern over a game we COULD be playing right now that is a -->MONTH LATE<--?
  • cso7777
    474 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Was it advertised like this at the time? I remember the Deluxe version being sold as the method of being first on the battlefield (this has now been removed).
    If this is correct, I think that EA is breaking laws in several countries. If they sold something and changed the terms later on this could be a problem.

But they probably have covered their backs by small print in the EULA or on their web-pages somewhere.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    edited November 8
    UPDATE:
    I now subscribed and paid for Origin Premium Access. And like suggested here, after the subscription the software asked automatically if I wanted to cancel and refund the preorder version. "Yes". But when I was redirected to their site, it said: "You don't have any games that qualify for a refund right now. " I haven't launched the game and I am within the other terms.
    So, basically I have paid for and stuck with two versions now. Thanks EA... Not!

PS. I tried it twice now. Same result.
  • TEKNOCODE
    8797 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    UPDATE:
    I now subscribed and paid for Origin Premium Access. And like suggested here, after the subscription the software asked automatically if I wanted to cancel and refund the preorder version. "Yes". But when I was redirected to their site, it said: "You don't have any games that qualify for a refund right now. " I haven't launched the game and I am within the other terms.
    So, basically I have paid for and stuck with two versions now. Thanks EA... Not!

Alternatively, contact ea support for a proper refund on the deluxe game. Then, you won’t “have paid for and stuck with two versions now.”
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    UPDATE:

Alternatively, contact ea support for a proper refund on the deluxe game. Then, you won’t “have paid for and stuck with two versions now.”

But now I can't launch game, which was the reason for subscribing. Because that will break the terms. I think I will just terminate Origin Access Premium instead before next month, and use the deluxe version. Hopefully stats will stay the same and early access is the same for all future map releases. Low hopes on that, though, after this.
  • DarkestHour138
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The three different release dates have always been there. You can read the article below in which EA Access and Origin Access got 5 days early access, then Deluxe, then Standard. That hasn't changed, the only thing that did change was that all of the dates got pushed back roughly a month.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/all-you-need-to-know-pre-order-offers-editions-battlefield-5
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    The three different release dates have always been there. You can read the article below in which EA Access and Origin Access got 5 days early access, then Deluxe, then Standard. That hasn't changed, the only thing that did change was that all of the dates got pushed back roughly a month.

https://www.ea.com/games/battlefield/news/all-you-need-to-know-pre-order-offers-editions-battlefield-5

Dates should be on purchase page. Not elsewhere, hidden away with no linking. Besides that, it does not say early access, but "Play First Trial". Whatever that is.
  • DarkestHour138
    776 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    but "Play First Trial". Whatever that is.

It's where you get to play first on a trial basis.

Point is that they never lied or deceived anybody, you just had to read the articles to determine the best purchase option for you.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    but "Play First Trial". Whatever that is.

It's where you get to play first on a trial basis.

Point is that they never lied or deceived anybody, you just had to read the articles to determine the best purchase option for you.

The trial is not 10 days early access, but limited to 10 hours. The days between releases are also not the same as today. Third, the metadata shows that page has been modified, but not lately to correct dates.
  • crabman169
    12285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    It's like pulling teeth.