Battlefield 5 - Redemption

YourLocalPlumber
1419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
Bravo Dice, just BRAVO!

Having my hopes reasonably low, I got blown away by this release. Granted I've only played 7-9 games, but from BF experience, this feels like a success.

Gunplay - Pure joy. Guns feel absolutely great after playing BF1 less than an hour before jumping to BF5. Having accuracy back when ADSing is fantastic. Great amount of scopes and optics is very helpful. Granted we have to ADS compared to BF1 where everyone was hip spraying and killing enemies like that at 100m,

Combat and attrition - I think Dice managed to hit a sweetspot for it. People have enough ammo to last a few gunfights, and you get more ammo when picking it up from dead body. So far there are enough medics and stations to get yourself health packs.

I've had small amount of time in vehicles, but so far they seem good, we need more time until people get upgrades.

Maps are beautiful. I take my words back. Yes we have fewer maps, but map quality is multiple times better than BF3/4/1.

I won't talk about customization because we need a good few weeks to a month in order to get familiar with it and unlock more items, but from what I've seen, it looks good.

Now if you excuse me, I got places to be, and war to win.

Comments

• Gforce81
    3327 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Good to hear man.

I watched some Russian guy live streaming it on YT over my lunch break. It looked just freaking fantastic, the next week is gonna be tortuous to get through.
  • MarxistDictator
    4345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The compression of so many games into one time of year is so infuriating. I have time to waste now with nothing to play, come the end of the month I'll be swamped and divided between 3 games whenever I do get a chance to play. Stupid market driven game development.
  • ElliotLH
    3714 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The compression of so many games into one time of year is so infuriating. I have time to waste now with nothing to play, come the end of the month I'll be swamped and divided between 3 games whenever I do get a chance to play. Stupid market driven game development.

Tell me about it. I've got one day between the release of Fallout 76 and BFV lol. There are worse problems to have at least.
  • Imabaka70
    2292 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    ElliotLH wrote: »

Tell me about it. I've got one day between the release of Fallout 76 and BFV lol. There are worse problems to have at least.

I feel you both. I haven’t been able to really buy all that many games. So many I want to play. I didn’t get to try new doom game(being as I played the original dos version when it released I was kinda hoping to) can’t get red dead yet either.

So many games get back logged. Guess I can pick most up when they have a big sale on steam.
  • FierceBrosnan007
    900 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Second that OP. Dice have done a tremendous job. Blows BF4 and 1 away completely.
    Beautiful large maps with mixed elevation, sounds are superb, gun play is so refreshingly good. There is so much team-play! Everyone is reviving and resupplying. Squads are sticking together because they survive and advance more working together and covering their sixes. What a cracking game! Can see many hours being spent in this one. Performance is a little on the hungry side. Got to play around with settings but runs nicely once you can keep it around the 100 fps mark or above.

Goodbye reality! Cracking game.
  • ElliotLH
    3714 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Imabaka70 wrote: »

I feel you both. I haven’t been able to really buy all that many games. So many I want to play. I didn’t get to try new doom game(being as I played the original dos version when it released I was kinda hoping to) can’t get red dead yet either.

So many games get back logged. Guess I can pick most up when they have a big sale on steam.

My sympathies bud, especially for Doom as that was good fun and nice nostalgia (had the dos version too. Think I had it on the SNES as well actually). I'm hoping FO76 and BFV will be enough to tie me over until Metro Exodus comes out next year.
  • Imabaka70
    2292 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

My sympathies bud, especially for Doom as that was good fun and nice nostalgia (had the dos version too. Think I had it on the SNES as well actually). I'm hoping FO76 and BFV will be enough to tie me over until Metro Exodus comes out next year.

Thanks
    I’m not all out I managed to get fallout 4 with dlc On Pc for 20 bucks a while ago with steam sales.

I can dump 1000hrs Into it when I do t play bf1 or soon to be bf5

Doom is on my wish list if the cards are right maybe I can get it cheap
  • cso7777
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Really must say that op nails it.

The gunplay, just perfect.

Attrition works well, and most of the time you don't even notice it (just keep close to your team/squad).

All the games I played was pretty balanced and the winning team often had less than 100 tickets left. The ticket-lead shifted several times from team to team, in several of the games I played.

Infantry/vehicle-balance feels just right.

I had zero 'cheap death'-experiences, this could of course change, but compared to BF1/BF4...

Netcode, as good as BF1, can always be improved, but still it's pretty good.

There are a few bugs (mainly buddy-reviving not always working) and the number of V1-rockets are perhaps a little too high at the end of conquest games. But the amounts of bugs fixed and "nice" changes from the beta is impressive.

This looks like it could be one of the best BF-games ever.

It seems almost surreal...
  • vcm0x
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    biggest complaint so far from watching streams is throwing knives are so OP

one hit kill from any distance. i think they should tone it down by 50% or something...
  • l_water_l
    1253 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Everyone needs to remember that nobody has high level unlocks yet. I'm enjoying myself too, but tank balance goes out the window once we see how effective and numerous at rockets are on the battlefield. Nobody has the best air-to-ground plane weapons yet either.
  • ballFetcher
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Great game, thank you Dice! The team play stuff works (even without a friend list). The tanks are scary and its machine guns actually work. The medic, assault and support classes are great (didn't test scout). The support class is so much better than in BF1. Weapons feel great. The attrition system is no problem to handle and improves the game. Grand Operations was a step up. Maps are nice. Performance is great as well. Even love the planes swooping down and killing me. Snipers are more balanced even on large maps! Lets hope this feeling continue (small bugs exist, though didn't bother me).
  • crabman169
    12304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    giphy4.gif

I mean that's your problem; you don't HAVE to get every game at launch especially if they are a singleplayer game such a rdr2 etc. You've got to make the choice not every single game studio Nd publisher work around what a you *shrug*
  • cso7777
    475 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    Everyone needs to remember that nobody has high level unlocks yet. I'm enjoying myself too, but tank balance goes out the window once we see how effective and numerous at rockets are on the battlefield. Nobody has the best air-to-ground plane weapons yet either.
    That's right.

But it seems like the starting point (for balance) is way better than BF1/BF4. Both of these games had balance issues from the beginning, and some of them couldn't be fixed, without making very fundamental changes to the game, which Dice will not do.

This can only make you hope that Dice will keep the overall balance like it is now, and that they only need small adjustments to the game in the future.

But, only time will tell...
  • MONEYPYR0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was already in love with the game, but I've gotta say I'm amazed to see you enjoying it so much. You've been very critical pre-launch, but now seeing how much you enjoy it, it makes me even more hyped. When a game can win over people who weren't very excited, it makes me,feel like its truly amazing. Have fun man!
  • Gforce81
    vcm0x wrote: »

one hit kill from any distance. i think they should tone it down by 50% or something...

I will actually fight you if you touch my throwing knives
  • crabman169
    12304 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Gforce81 wrote: »

Seen plenty of comments about them being a "cod copy to lure kids"

Like wtf; throwing knives have been in battlefield since before mw2 so who is "copying" who. Not to mention they are only available on the recon class
  • Gforce81
    crabman169 wrote: »

Like wtf; throwing knives have been in battlefield since before mw2 so who is "copying" who. Not to mention they are only available on the recon class

No kidding

I'll never get over how each class getting a explosive grenade at least, with other classes (Assault and Support) getting Rockets, grenade bundles, mortars, etc is fine

But a knife I have to aim, and fling at nearby enemies; WHOA WHAT THE HELL, SO OP

I'm already bracing myself for someone, somewhere to argue that Recon is OP in BFV because of them
  • crabman169

No kidding

I'll never get over how each class getting a explosive grenade at least, with other classes (Assault and Support) getting Rockets, grenade bundles, mortars, etc is fine

But a knife I have to aim, and fling at nearby enemies; WHOA WHAT THE HELL, SO OP

I'm already bracing myself for someone, somewhere to argue that Recon is OP in BFV because of them

Oh yeah. Assaults anti tank bundle is thrown just like other grendead unlike bf1 where it required longer. Betcha no one is gonna complain about that because it's assault.

Yeah people already mad that it's ohk. Like wtf it would be beyond worthless if it couldn't. It's not like it's as super duper accurate instagib at any distance

Case in point:

We are gonna get "recon is useless limit/remove them" and "recon is op nerf/limit/remove them" like every single battlefield title ever and will ever get

• Imabaka70

No kidding

Oh yeah. Assaults anti tank bundle is thrown just like other grendead unlike bf1 where it required longer. Betcha no one is gonna complain about that because it's assault.

Yeah people already mad that it's ohk. Like wtf it would be beyond worthless if it couldn't. It's not like it's as super duper accurate instagib at any distance

Case in point:

We are gonna get "recon is useless limit/remove them" and "recon is op nerf/limit/remove them" like every single battlefield title ever and will ever get

Oh I’m sure we will see those threads but remember ravic isn’t what a normal player should be based on. You average player will not use them since they don’t go boom and take a bit of aiming skill to use.

Me and Gforce81 are gonna be in a race I’m aure to 100 service stars for those babies
  • Gforce81

No kidding

Case in point:

Oh I’m sure we will see those threads but remember ravic isn’t what a normal player should be based on. You average player will not use them since they don’t go boom and take a bit of aiming skill to use.

Me and Gforce81 are gonna be in a race I’m aure to 100 service stars for those babies

Oh man, it's on like Donkey Kong in polka dot thong