Save your money boys... This ain't BF

Comments

• BassMan_PC
    97 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Mystriall wrote: »
    I stopped reading after "I'm rocking on a Xbox1X". Sorry, I can't take you seriously unless you are playing on PC.

This probably sounded way better in your head, which is where it should have stayed.

I can't take you seriously since you're only on PC, sounds dumb right?

Yours definitely sounds dumb. The OP is complaining about graphics, controls and this not being the real BF... and he is playing it on console. LOL
    BF's roots are on PC. The proper way to play any FPS game is on PC with a mouse and keyboard. The consoles have reduced graphics, can't even do 60fps because of the garbage CPU, inferior controls, etc.. BF has always been trash on console.

The statement is dumb. It's not about the differences between PC and Console, but the statement that "You can't take someone serious because they play on console".
    -
    That comment has nothing to do with console complaints not being relevant for PC players (although that might have been the intention?). Hence it's a dumb statement.
    -
    To each their own, there's a console version of the game, console players like playing on console, if they got issues with their experience of the console version of the game they should be entitled to express it, just as a PC player expresses his/her concerns or issues with the PC version.

When he is complaining about it not being BF and he is playing it on console, it is just silly. As mentioned before, the experience on console is not the same as PC and it never has been. Console players aren't even qualified to claim whether it is BF or not as they have not been playing since BF 1942. The series has been dumbed down so much since going multiplat on console and the OG BF players on PC know this. So, there is actually some truth to his original statement that it is not BF... just not for the reasons he was mentioning.

Ha yeah you're definitely a troll, and I'm not going to waste anymore time on you after this stupid statement.

"Console players aren't even qualified to claim whether it is BF or not as they have not been playing since BF 1942"

So just because they didn't play the very first game and might have played every game after that their opinion is still automatically void and doesn't matter? Nah. Idk if you've noticed but things CHANGE each Battlefield has been pretty different.

Again, you have to be an OG PC player to have a proper frame of reference of what the BF series is.
    Have a listen to Mack (Worth A Buy) as he discusses the passing of Total Biscuit, what makes a qualified reviewer, and when you can take an opinion seriously. It directly relates to our discussion and where I am coming from...

https://youtu.be/FUJWOJQ6g8s?t=295

• Mystriall
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think some of the people playing BF now days might not even have been born when the original bf1942 had its glory days.
    -
    What people consider to be a true battlefield game then is defined by when they started playing. It's dumb to say that "you don't get a vote because you didn't play the original".
    That's an argument my grandfather uses sometimes when we argue about stuff, "I lived during WWII and experienced it first hand" And because of this he thinks that he's automatically the one who's in the right. Because unless you lived during WWII you can't possibly know anything about WWII. It's a stupid argument.
    -
    Same goes for BF. OG PC players as you state, those of us who even miss the good old bf1942 days, have our definition/perspective on what a true battlefield game should be and or/is. Those who started playing during BF2, or BF3, or BF4 have a different perspective, and even more so those who started playing BF1, for them BF1 automatically becomes the "true" BF game, because it's the only one they've experienced.
    -
    As such, what BF is all about, is subjective to the persons experience with the franchise. There might also be people who used to play the original PC versions, who for whatever reason have started playing console instead.
  • N0Agenda
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Take out Fortnite jumping, take out COD campers, Make BF Great Again.
  • EA_Cian
    552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    Hey folks, hopping in real quick. Let's please stop with the gate-keeping and PC vs Console comments. This isn't what the thread's about so let's get back on-topic and leave the "PC master race" and adjacent comments to ourselves. :smile:
  • UsTinKofFEAR-3Lk
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited November 9
    BF ain't fun anymore and that's the bottom line... Kool u wanna make a war simulation game fine... Strategy BF5 congrats... Fun?? Totally out the window.. So i hope the ppl that want war sim out weighs the ppl that want to have fun(doubt it) this game will fail and we warned Dice from the beta now u will pay the consequences unfortunately...

By the way save me from your arrogant fanboy ignorance about PC because from BF3 and on CONSOLE players have been keeping BF alive year after year whereas PC player counts start declining within a few months facts, so nobody wants to here that bs about gaming on PC especially when I have a $2100 gaming PC and refuse to rock on that crap due to u Wallhacking aimbot roaches and just use my PC for VR.. Xbox and PlayStation has out numbered PC players every BF GAME🤫🤫🤐🤣😂
  • Mystriall
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF ain't fun anymore and that's the bottom line... Kool u wanna make a war simulation game fine... Strategy BF5 congrats... Fun?? Totally out the window.. So i hope the ppl that want war sim out way the ppl that want to have fun(doubt it) this game will fail and we warned Dice from the beta now u will pay the consequences unfortunately

When did they ever say that they were making a war simulation game? It's a game inspired by WWII, completely different.
    -
    I had heaps of fun yesterday, so did many others, but it can't be for everyone, that's for sure. And it's not a war sim by any measure :)
    -
    Can i ask why you don't feel it's fun?
  • TwtchSquirrelyss
    23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Disagree on every point of OP.

BFV is amazing. DICE really killed it here. Gameplay, maps, player weight, revive mechanics, attrition, TTK, gun recoil, gun balance... I can go on and on.

Have played every BF since 1942 and yea. This might be the best, or at the very least, become the best. It might make BF3 #2 for me. The game is straight amazing. Had a blast playing with friends and playing alone.
  • UsTinKofFEAR-3Lk
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I've had every BF since BF 1942 even remember playing the demo and the Twin Towers went down so every BF including the spinoff like secret weapons I've had till today.. I got over 656 hours into BF1, he'll I got 520 hours into BFHL and according to everyone that game was a failure.... With thay being said BF5 is more like some PUBG / CS Go /COD wannabe... U take away footsteps(Atrso A50 $320), spotting, lack of ammo ect and u got yourself a boring BF game but like I said for your sake I hope the Hardcore fans enjoying this tragedy out weighs your dedicated fans that come to have a good time like BF BC, BF3,2,1 because I don't see that happening.. But time will tell and maybe they drop the silly Hardcore aspect and go back to FUN
  • TEKNOCODE
    8923 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Calls people boys and complains about spotting...
  • ZombieP1ow
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm loving it. It's a nice change. There may be some issues, but DICE is generally good about balance. and also, during my first match, this happened...

• ZombieP1ow
    615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Solid_KF wrote: »
    I stopped reading after "I'm rocking on a Xbox1X". Sorry, I can't take you seriously unless you are playing on PC.

Well...i stopped reading after he said "this is a copy of BFH"

so many clueless people talking about the game since yesterday and i have seen a lot of stupid comments lately that doeant make sense at all.

People just judge the game by watching streams while playing this game gives you the feeling of the good old days of BC2 and BF3.

This is a true BF game and its a shame that some so called "bf veterans" dont see this.

Agreed 100%. This feels like the BF games that got me hooked over a decade ago.
  • ISyndromeI
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    "The 1st BF I skip besides Starwars". You gave yourself away there. Starwars isn't Battlefield.
  • ISyndromeI
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Mystriall wrote: »

This probably sounded way better in your head, which is where it should have stayed.

Yours definitely sounds dumb. The OP is complaining about graphics, controls and this not being the real BF... and he is playing it on console. LOL
    BF's roots are on PC. The proper way to play any FPS game is on PC with a mouse and keyboard. The consoles have reduced graphics, can't even do 60fps because of the garbage CPU, inferior controls, etc.. BF has always been trash on console.

The statement is dumb. It's not about the differences between PC and Console, but the statement that "You can't take someone serious because they play on console".
    -
    That comment has nothing to do with console complaints not being relevant for PC players (although that might have been the intention?). Hence it's a dumb statement.
    -
    To each their own, there's a console version of the game, console players like playing on console, if they got issues with their experience of the console version of the game they should be entitled to express it, just as a PC player expresses his/her concerns or issues with the PC version.

When he is complaining about it not being BF and he is playing it on console, it is just silly. As mentioned before, the experience on console is not the same as PC and it never has been. Console players aren't even qualified to claim whether it is BF or not as they have not been playing since BF 1942. The series has been dumbed down so much since going multiplat on console and the OG BF players on PC know this. So, there is actually some truth to his original statement that it is not BF... just not for the reasons he was mentioning.

I've played since BF1942, and every game on consoles. By your logic that makes me a even greater veteran than you. :)

• ISyndromeI
    Anyway, BFV is awesome. OP is just struggling to adjust to a game without spotting and auto-aim. Takes some adjusting for sure.
  • CPTN-Cr4ptastic
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Been playing Battlefield for 16 years now, sure feels like Battlefield to me. Anyhow, I'm having a blast. I got off to a rocky start, but I'm starting to settle in and get comfy now. I think my KD/R is about a .5 LMAO! I dont care, I'm having fun. :smiley:
  • NLBartmaN
    1906 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    After watching multiple streams I can understand why people like the gameplay and it reminds them of older BF games.

But the vehicle play, a part that I see as an essential part of BF V is so bad ... even after some tweaks and changesafter the Beta it still looks so bad.
    Have seen multiple games were vehicles had no influence on the game at all, if they were not even there.

So I also understand why some people say: this aint BF.

I also think the TTK is way to fast, looks like TTK 3.0, constant instant kills from out of nowhere without any shoot-outs, but I don't know if it was that fast in the early BF's, so I can't say if that takes away the "real" BF feel from the early games.

Saw multiple streamers trying out the throwing knive, a fun new weapon, but most streamers agreed: way to OP, needs a huge nerf.
    Bringing a knive to a gunfight and win by instant kills is just ... not how it should be.

And I don't know how many gadgets/classes/vehicles will be added and are unlockable, but it felt there are very few right now, saw very little different gameplay, after some time I had seen it all and saw nothing new, became predictable, repetetive and boring

No real options, like mortars/strong grenades/strong vehicles to force a breakthrough and kill campers when frontlines were formed.

The clear lower influence of RBD does look like a really good change, aiming is hitting and predictable shooting looks good.
  • UsTinKofFEAR-3Lk
    Enjoy... So many Trollz I'm here it's ridiculous lol.... RDR2 online, BF1 and BlackOut it is.. Let's see how long this will take to die off and I bet it will be the so called PC ELITES to nose dive 1st hahahaha
  • COGSx86
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    and the flame wars have begun
  • ackers75
    1015 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Yours definitely sounds dumb. The OP is complaining about graphics, controls and this not being BF... and he is playing it on console. LOL
    BF's roots are on PC. The proper way to play any FPS game is on PC with a mouse and keyboard. The consoles have reduced graphics, can't even do 60fps because of the garbage CPU, inferior controls, etc.. BF has always been trash on console and I agree that it is not the real BF if you are playing on console.

Please stop talking your giving pc players a bad name.