Questions before I am burnt by EA AGAIN.. please help.

Devon202
23 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
ALL,

I WANT to like this game, really want to like it, but I am afraid. I bought into BF3, 4, 1, BC and BC2 and was disappointed by ALL of them. I have been looking for a BF game that sits between 2 and 3.

So..

1. Do you spawn in our out of the armor?
2. Are spawn points "protected"?
3. Do planes and tanks have to reload now as they said they would?
4. Does health regenerate over time?
5. Do you start with limited ammo?
6. Are there going to be 32 player servers on 64 player maps?
7. Are there going to be server host available, I.E can I host my own server?
8. What is the squad player limit per squad?
9. Can you HALO jump?
10. Can you destroy the enemies health and ammo crate?
11. Can you snipe the gunners out of the tops of tanks?
12. Do tank DRIVERS have access to all weapons in the tanks? I.E. Can they fire the machine gun as well as the main gun? Or do they need a second driver to fire the machine gun, and can you snipe him out.
13. Do abandoned enemy tanks, self destruct after a certain amount of time or are they available to steal?
14. Can you raid an airbase and steal it for your team and control both air bases?
15. Is this game a console port to PC or vica versa? From the com rose that I have seen it looks like a console game??

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

Comments

• DarkestHour138
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    1. Spawn in it
    2. there is spawn protection
    3. I'm assuming you mean resupply, which Yes they do
    4. It does but only to a certain level, not to 100 like it used to
    5. Yes there is attrition, but it's not really noticeable since you can get it off dead bodies, from resupply stations, and support teammates
    6. TBD I guess
    7. TBD
    8. 4
    9. Define Halo jump?
    10. Yes, but they can be rebuilt
    11. Yes
    12. You can toggle between different weapons in certain tanks
    13. Steal, I think. Hasn't happened yet to me
    14. No
    15. Developed for all platforms
  • Devon202
    HALO is when you open your chute JUST before you hit the ground, you wont even see the chute open, but you land safely. Great way to infiltrate an enemy base and steal the airbase back. Especially on Wake Island.
  • HardAimedKid
    10728 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 9
    Just posted in another thread where someone is stuck on bf2. If you're expecting bf2 you're never going to like battlefield again because bf2 isn't going to happen again. Lol. I actually read that the mechanics were intentionally geared towards bf3 type mechanics, whether this is true or not I do not know.

I'm guessing your best bet is to not buy the game though, if you felt burned by bad company or bf3 there's no hope for your expectations.
  • DarkestHour138
    777 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Devon202 wrote: »
    HALO is when you open your chute JUST before you hit the ground, you wont even see the chute open, but you land safely. Great way to infiltrate an enemy base and steal the airbase back. Especially on Wake Island.

I didn't know if you were referring to a military Halo jump or the video game Halo jump. But anyway, there is an option to have chute self deploy or do it manually. Haven't really tried to see how close to the ground you can get before chute deploy.
  • Devon202
    Let me take some time and explain why us BF2 guys have "high" expectations.
    Because BF2 was, for the most part, as well balanced as any BF game that has ever been. Still to this day it is held as a benchmark.

Just using one example here, I'll talk about spawing in armor rather that out of it.
    When you have the ability to pick you spawn point from the spawn screen at the START of the match, you have an advantage over a player that has a slower machine. So if you have a blazing fast PC you will get first pick of the armor no matter what.
    If you spawn outside of the armor, or if you are not allowed to select your spawn point at the START of a match then you have no advantage and everyone has a fair chance at getting into their favorite piece of armor.
    Everyone fills into a que, the map counts down to spawn, and when the timer hits 0, every spawns and its a sprint for said Jeep, Tank, Humvee, Blackhawk, jet or Apache. No pc advantage here.

The reason that they took that away, was because of all the complaints that people would be shot by a friendly for the armor or helo that they got to first.

So.. EA removed something that annoyed people and replaced it with something that gives an unfair advantage to those with better PC's.
    Now would you agree that if you have a really good pc with a fast SSD, that you SHOULD have an advantage?

One other note.

In war what is the first objective of any military?
    Answer: Establish Air Superiority.

So if the airfields are un protected, my team can go in and steal the aircraft and establish air superiority.
    Would you agree with that?
  • DarthCardConvict
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Why don't you buy origin basic try the game out for 10 hours then decide if you like it or not simple's