Battlefield V Donť remember my settings.

LimousCZ
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 9
Everytime, when i start the game my setting are reset. I Must set Brightness and everything. Then i must wait for the intro, over and over again.

Comments

• Mystriall
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i have not had that issue :/ sounds abit wierd.
  • Waitingforever
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same to me. It happened when i was playing the open data, and it happened again.
  • MacaqueX
    626 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I get some of my settings reset, like vignete blur etc few times in a row. But other like fov stayed same
  • twitch_Iaaaamcy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    same here
    do something dice!
  • Carbonic
    562 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 10
    Battlefield V saves the settings in the Documents\BattlefieldV folder. Antivirus, security programs or user settings can all block the access for BFV to create or edit these files. The most typical one is the Windows 10 setting --> "Controlled folder access":
    You want it to be off or allow Origin + BFV (bfv.exe and bfvtrial.exe) through.
    jqhyzkuyhbci.jpg
    y9erqydmv1bd.jpg

Post edited by Carbonic on
  • twitch_Iaaaamcy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Carbonic wrote: »
    You want it to be off or allow Origin and BFV through.
    unfortunately it doesnt help me.
    in my case, it was off already.
  • Carbonic
    562 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    That's just the most likely cause. Other things can block as well, like security programs or something could have changed the folder permissions, your windows user permissions or the Origin/BFV application permission.
  • Makalandu
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have the same problem and i don't know how to deal with this problem
  • SVDark
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    same issue here! Any solution, this is really annoying.. -_-
  • bgabi19
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. I tried everything, but nothing helped. Tried to repair the game, to run Origin and BFV as an Admin, changing the Battlefield V folders to NOT Read-Only (however it will be changed back every time I do this, to "Read-Only"). It's really annoying, and it is only happening with Battlefield V, and happened with the Open Beta as well. If anyone have a solution, make sure to post it here.
  • bgabi19
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I had the same issue in the beta as well. The issue is: Every time I start the game, it feels like, I started it fresh. I have to set the brightness and play the intro through, only after that, I can get into the Main Menu. Sadly the settings (all of them, graphics, controls, gameplay etc.) are also gone, and I have to set them EVERY TIME I start the game. I tried every possible way, that I found on Google, but none of them worked. Disabled Cloud Saving, ran BFV and Origin as an Admin. No results :( If anyone can help me, please do it... It's really annoying, to get over this whole process.
  • Carbonic
    You might want to try making a different Windows user for the system and playing with that.
  • Waitingforever
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    everyone who is suffering this issue should go to EA help and talk to EA represents to let them know this problem.https://help.ea.com/en/
  • Tarotxv
    5 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Same here. Had this problem in beta and now with a totally new PC. Dicepls!
  • Zz_Nabu_zZ
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Launch the game, set all your settings, quit the game.
    Go to C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\Battlefield V\settings, delete the "_tmp" of the "PROFSAVE_tmp" file.
    Launch the game and check, it should work.
    You would have to it every time you change your settings if you want them to be saved the next time you launch the game.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3333 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Make sure that BFV is allowed/exempt through your firewall and AV. I have seen some instances where a player was able to play however the firewall/AV was blocking the game from editing/saving the settings to a file.

-CB
  • BefruM
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 10
    Zz_Nabu_zZ wrote: »
    Launch the game, set all your settings, quit the game.
    Go to C:\Users\Yourname\Documents\Battlefield V\settings, delete the "_tmp" of the "PROFSAVE_tmp" file.
    Launch the game and check, it should work.
    You would have to it every time you change your settings if you want them to be saved the next time you launch the game.

Cheers! It worked like a charm. Seems like this is a problem since BF1. *Upvoted*
    But now DICE should find out why it does this, and why can't it save over the file without "_temp"
  • TsadilasGR
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah it seems when i play from my online microsoft account the game doesn't save settings or story progression i play from a local user account and it seems fine
  • Carbonic
    TsadilasGR wrote: »
    Yeah it seems when i play from my online microsoft account the game doesn't save settings or story progression i play from a local user account and it seems fine
    That could be because OneDrive or similar interfers. Does the online account work if you disable Onedrive?
  • twitch_Iaaaamcy
    I solved it.
    one drive was a problem. just uncheck 'my document' of one drive setting.
    thank you all guys! :D