Whats a good K/D

Turtl3-Hunt3r
13 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
To have, thoughts?

Comments

• VincentNZ
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Above 1.1 is a good start. This would mean that you are above average. You should also have a buddy close by to revive and boost your stat. Better yet is to not focus too much on this in the first place.
  • echo-smoker93
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Personally I started to do better numbers when I stopped worrying about my K / D
  • Turtl3-Hunt3r
    Yea was just wondering on everybodys thoughts, i dont take it too seriously since i go for the challenges :)
  • spychodelics
    180 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If you help your team to win without looking for k/d stats and you keep winning :smile:
  • Thumper2671
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The one you don't care about, play for fun and ignore stats. It's much better that way.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are far more important things then K/D. But 1:1 should be standard, 1,5 decent, 2,0 good, above 2,0 very good
  • Turtl3-Hunt3r
    There are far more important things then K/D. But 1:1 should be standard, 1,5 decent, 2,0 good, above 2,0 very good

Im normally around 1.2, 1.3.

I play on pc with a controller dont know how much thats hindering me but its how im comfortable playing
  • Infinit8m
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Bro forget the k/d ratio and ptfo! B)
  • VBALL_MVP
    6175 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Who cares. Just play the game....worrying about KD will just ensure that you will be a useless teammate.
  • MrCrecer13
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Screw K / D while people are worried about their K / D and do not interact with objects and do not make a team game your team loses matches. I am glad that DICE finally tries to push for a team game and not do K / D onanism as in BF1 with a sniper / mortar / machine gun camping.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone who says ignore KD and have fun.. are generally people who are pretty terrible at adopting the concept of kill more than you die.. I cannot enjoy a battlefield game even if I play my role and ptfo without a 2+ KD because end of the day this is an FPS

Pure enjoyment comes from slaughtering your enemies and helping your team win
  • MrCrecer13
    54 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone who says ignore KD and have fun.. are generally people who are pretty terrible at adopting the concept of kill more than you die.. I cannot enjoy a battlefield game even if I play my role and ptfo without a 2+ KD because end of the day this is an FPS

I do not agree, in BF1 I saw a bunch of times when there was a sniper / mortar / machine gun camper in the enemy command who had a 100/2 K / D and they lost
    without a team game there is no victory, a stupid K / D onanism will not lead your team to victory.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrCrecer13 wrote: »

I do not agree, in BF1 I saw a bunch of times when there was a sniper / mortar / machine gun camper in the enemy command who had a 100/2 K / D and they lost
    without a team game there is no victory, a stupid K / D onanism will not lead your team to victory.

Yes it will have you not noticed on the BF1 end of round they show you how many point were awarded for kills andflag caps

KD is just as important as ptfo
  • xXBlood-x-RavenX
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    A K/D of 1.0 is not average. The reason for this is two-fold.
    On the one hand getting a kill-assist-count-as-kill adds a kill without a corresponding death to the equation.
    On the other hand getting a revive also means a kill is counted without a death.
    I don't know what the average is, but I suspect it is closer to 1.5.
  • Arkaelov
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    On the one hand getting a kill-assist-count-as-kill adds a kill without a corresponding death to the equation.
    On the other hand getting a revive also means a kill is counted without a death.

You can't say a K/D of 1 isn't average, then later in your post say you don't know what the average is. I'm not going to say I know what it is, but from experience I'd say most people hover around a 1 to a 1.2 in matches, with a few people less than 1 and a few people up near 2 or higher.
  • VincentNZ
    1990 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Arkaelov wrote: »

You can't say a K/D of 1 isn't average, then later in your post say you don't know what the average is. I'm not going to say I know what it is, but from experience I'd say most people hover around a 1 to a 1.2 in matches, with a few people less than 1 and a few people up near 2 or higher.

He is right, though. Although I would say that assist counting as kills is not the most relevant factor. Revives however are, and they will easily bloat the numbers. It is safe to say that the average does lie above 1.0. I would assume that one kill in ten is an ACAK, so I would put that up to 1.1. With revives I would further assume the average lies between 1.1-1.5, which is quite a big standard deviation, indeed.
    You can also assume that players with a high K/D also get revived a lot.
  • MONEYPYR0
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think right now I'm sitting at a 1.3-1.5 overall. I don't think I've had any matches yet where I wasn't at least even on kills and deaths. But really, I'm not even trying to keep myself above a 1.0, I'm just having fun and doing well. With the new TTK, the game feels closer to Hardcore for me, which is all I played in BF4, so I'm used to only needing a few shots to kill someone. Right now the Gewher-43, my favorite weapon, is generally a 3-4 shot kill, and its pretty accurate to boot, so I don't have much trouble getting kills.
  • V99999
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Typically this is a comment made by somebody who doesn't really know how to play the game ignore this response.
  • GVlXxf
    420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To have, thoughts?

over a hundred, cheater
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!