How do I change my forum picture?

2»

Comments

• SireFortesque
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    @SirForteskwee

Did you try to change your picture in Gravatar?

Please follow these steps:
    In order to have an avatar on this forum, we will be transitioning the use of Gravatar over from the Battlelog forums. If you have not set this up previously, I will outline the steps in order to have one on your account.
    1. Go to https://en.gravatar.com/
    2. Sign up with the same email account you use to sign into these forums (aka your EA account email)
    3. Upload an avatar per the forum and Gravatar guidelines
    4. You are done, just wait for the systems to sync up and you will have your gravatar enabled here

Source: https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/990/how-to-gravatar/p1

Yes, I followed those steps a few hours ago Just got back home and the profile picture has not been changed though.
  • StarscreamUK
    6717 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've updated it for you, those who uploaded an image before gravatar was first switched on here seem to get locked out, and the only way to force the change is manually, so I've gone ahead and done it for you :)
  • LoserDestiny
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Gravatar keeps telling me there is no user with my email address.
  • StarscreamUK
    6717 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    so, have you registered with your email address at gravatar?
  • LoserDestiny
    so, have you registered with your email address at gravatar?

I assumed my email address was already in the gravatar system...
    Ok, so I actually already have a Woldpress account that I can sign in to Gravatar with, but it was registered with an other email address.
    I don't really have to create a whole new Wordpress account just to have an avatar on some EA forum, do I? Tell me it's a joke.
  • StarscreamUK
    think about it logically. it looks up the email address you used here...... so.... you need to have it registered there.....

so yes, to use gravatar, you need to register.
  • LoserDestiny
    think about it logically. it looks up the email address you used here...... so.... you need to have it registered there.....

Sorry, but I see no real logic in Battlefield forum needing a 3rd party website with separate registration for using avatars. Like it's 1998, not 2018, out there...
  • LoserDestiny
    edited November 2018
    Could you please assign me an avatar without me having to register a second Wordpress account?

loserdestiny500.jpg
    loserdestiny.jpg

• StarscreamUK

Sorry, but I see no real logic in Battlefield forum needing a 3rd party website with separate registration for using avatars. Like it's 1998, not 2018, out there...

because gravatar feeds the avatar across the battlefield sites, including battlelog.

you need to use gravatar for the av.
  • DrDrade
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @StarscreamUK Can you update mine please? Thx in advance!
  • StarscreamUK
    you need to message me with what you want it updating to :) unless you want the same image from battlelog?
  • DrDrade
    32 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    @StarscreamUK yes, the battlelog will do fine. In the future i can just change it myself right?
  • IIPrest0nII
    1105 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited January 24
    @Drade89

Hi,

Forum could not update your avatar automatically because it was changed/removed manually by a moderator due to violating of the forum rules. So, I just fixed that and now it should be changed/updated automatically.

Thanks!

• DrDrade
    thx alot!