Grand Operations is unwinnable for attackers

Painiscupcaek
51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
With the new attrition system attackers have no way at all to win unless the defenders are somehow AFK or disconnected, attackers never have enough health or ammo to make a diffrence when the defenders can just camp behind sandbags the entire match with infinite ammo/health stations and just defend

Teams needs to be changed to 36vs28 to atleast give attackers a fighting chance

Comments

• TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This seemed to be a problem in the beta for it being very hard for the attackers to win.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Obviously never played it but in bf1 its the same story,even without attrition. Its not impossible to win as attacker,but much harder. 36vs28 sounds good,maybe 34vs30. But imbalance is needed for balanced matches.
  • JediMastaWyn
    461 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    There was quite a few maps in BF1 where the attacking win was few and far between
  • Nohotz
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Agree. It is pointless to attack. Especially on Hamada and Narvik. Attackers have no cover, only open fields, defenders have the high ground and unlimited ammo, while attackers get nothing
  • VincentNZ
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    This is typical for game modes that have a an Raw Onslaught approach. It is always easier to defend a perimeter than attacking one. As attacker you also have to coordinate better to take the objectives, and might have to switch spontaneously. This is further increased by frustrated palyers leaving or switching to recon, which decreases attacking potential further.
    However it does have the benefit of being a very predictable and casual gamemode on average, as you only have one clear front and usually do not have to worry about flanking maneuvers. My advice is to stay clear of those high player count objective based gamemodes unless you really only want the meatgrinder experience.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    From what I see during matches 2 things show up (assuming teams are balanced):
    • Attacking is really hard and sometimes near impossible
    • Retaking and defusing as a defender is really hard

To balance things out I would find ways to make both a tad easier (increase defuse timer?).
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When the attackers start using smoke it will change, right now everybody is more intrested in unlocking things..
  • VincentNZ
    2666 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When the attackers start using smoke it will change, right now everybody is more intrested in unlocking things..

Who is supposed to use smoke, though? As far as I know only the medics have smokes and they can only be replenished at a supply station that are in the hands of the defenders.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah that's something that bothers me as well.

You don't have to tell me a smoke grenade is useful, I know, but being a class limited thing is kind of annoying.

In fact, with my history in CS 1.6, CSS, CSGO I'm VERY well aware smoke grenades are fundamentally needed and useful to attack, which is kind of why it triggers me that only specific classes can use them.

Started unlocking my medic class yesterday and I actually tossed smokes around like crazy.
  • Ulfhardt
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield 4 was unplayable because of smoke everywhere.
  • V2Face
    2652 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have won many times as attackers on grand ops. It’s supposed to be hard to push in my opinion if the two teams are even. Plus you get 3 chances to win.
  • extinguisher123
    105 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well the devs said it was meant to have a push and pull effect but from what I saw in the beta it doesn't. so the defenders are always at an advantage its the same in BF1