Tanks are weak

Nohotz
2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
The damage a tank cannon does to infantry is non existent. I was in my Brittish heavy tank, missed the infantry soldier by 20cm and he took 23 damage as he was laying in the crater my shell just made. 1 Infantry soldier can take out 1 heavy tank alone because you deal no damage.

What is a BF game where you don't think '' OH A TANK!!''. I am more afraid of someone with a pistol than a Tiger tank.

Please buff tanks....
Title and content edited to conform to forum rules
Post edited by ragnarok013 on

Comments

• Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Bad vehicles means less frustrated players because of vehicles.

I agree but i dont really have much hope it changes.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    More like “yay a tank lemme spam it with explosives quick”

I haven’t seen anyone particularly scared of a tank so far, but I suppose people start get upset if they are, which is pretty sad because a Tiger should be more terrifying than it evidently is, currently it’s closer to a kitten.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1422 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    More like “yay a tank lemme spam it with explosives quick”

I haven’t seen anyone particularly scared of a tank so far, but I suppose people start get upset if they are, which is pretty sad because a Tiger should be more terrifying than it evidently is, currently it’s closer to a kitten.

You dont see anyone running straight at a tank either, I think they are way to sure that they try to solo a lot and get swamped by infantry, lets go into the town square alone seems to be a thing, or "I have infantry support but lets drive ahead in high speed to be alone again". I think by watching a lot blow up that they seem to be disabled to easily and their turret rotation might need a buff.

But I havent played tanks since probably Bf3 but they really do some stupid stuff on the cramped maps, I would say that a lot of maps are not really suited for tanks at all in this game.
  • WinterWarhurst
    1319 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes I have to say, I’ve seen some sheer stupidity in these tanks.

I’m a fan of the skill ceiling being raised for them, I just don’t like that the the assault class, etc. Hasn’t had quite the same skill ceiling increase. Or at least so it seems!

@Major_Pungspark
  • IIXXMANGOXXII
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    November 12, 2018 1:03AM edited 1:05AM
    TL;DR: Anti tank rocket damage is fine, just model some sort of inaccuracy ater 30 meters (Increase the drop rate and add some random drift), buff tank shells splash damage and increase their damage to other vehicles and last of all make tanks a bit faster except for the heavies (closer to the transport speeds).

They need to increase the panzerfausts drop rate, the thing only had like a 60 meter range in normal conditions and was wildly inaccurate at anything past 30m. Maybe they could model some kinda inaccuracy for the rocket (eg. make it drift one way or the other after a certain distance). As of right now the thing is basically a sniper rifle that does damage to tanks.

They also need to increase the oblique angles and unless it hits at almost 90 degrees, or its really close, it should do no damage. I'm ok with how powerful it is, it just shouldn't be so damn accurate at 60+meters and the chance of it bouncing off should be increased. The splash damage needs to be upped too, and why the heck can't I shoot through anything anymore? Wooden barrels stop a tank round? REALLY? WTF happened to descructible stuff like every BF before 4?

They need to bring back the speed boost too, except for the heavy tanks the overall top speed is to slow. Seriously.