No Spotting?

RichAC
507 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
No spotting? Thats sure gonna give wall hackers a huge advantage. Also removes a team play incentive. Spotting teams had huge advantage from the team play encouragement. Still couldn't understand why some people had so much trouble spotting and shooting at the same time. After a while becomes muscle memory. I would find myself hitting q button when shooting in other fps games lol.

Removing spotting almost seems anti American. I swear only stacking hacking bots who care not about competitive matches in the LoL sense would cry for it to be removed. Not very sporting at all...

Comments

• R1ckyDaMan19
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You can still alert your squad to enemy positions.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Dont you just mark a random position? If so its useless if you play with people you dont know because you cant trust it. And even with people you know its hard unless you talk.
  • R1ckyDaMan19
    476 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Dont you just mark a random position? If so its useless if you play with people you dont know because you cant trust it. And even with people you know its hard unless you talk.

No you mark where you aim, see someone run in a building, mark the building, see a sniper duck behind a rock mark the rock etc etc.
  • Callahan44er
    5062 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

No you mark where you aim, see someone run in a building, mark the building, see a sniper duck behind a rock mark the rock etc etc.

Yeah,but you can mark just any position. People shot friendly ammocrates and got really creative to teamkill you,good luck if you follow their spotting.
    With old spotting every spot was a good one. It was op because you could spam it. Removing it basically is bad.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yea, im in with the spotting crowd. I dont like that they removed it. It was my one crutch that I relied on ingame.

I'm glad it's gone but I wish the graphics had a bit more clarity. Less post processing, ability to disable the blurring TAA, ... If you remove spotting, it makes sense to me you need to start thinking about the graphics their impact on gameplay.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Singe1989 wrote: »
    This game is perfect without spotting... its needs to stay gone.

You can actually use stealth and flank again because of it.

I'm fine with that, but what bothers me is that people that aren't trying to hide at all are even hard to see sometimes because of all the post processing and blurring from (the forced) TAA.

And it's not just me, I've played with over 20 different people on discord now and they're all saying the same thing. With 3D spotting gone, the art team who designs the graphical look of the game seriously needs to consider how their work influences gameplay.
  • VincentNZ
    2697 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

But how do you communicate to your team that there is a danger? Maybe they think you want to draw attention to this fine piece of masonry on Rotterdam? There is little interaction between team or even squadmates as is, spotting was something that helped yourself and additionally helped your whole team. Simple thing, great effect.
    And as someone else said, if you want to remove this tactical tool and replace it with a pure sensory experience they should really make sure that the rest of the game is up to standard. Blurry graphics, effect overload, poor contrast, audio bugs, sound mixing problems, visual and audio clutter should then be considered. Right now we have a visuals over gameplay approach and I think this hurts the game in the long run. But it sure makes good screenshots and youtube videos, so that might be the point.
  • echo-smoker93
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'll miss it. If I remember correctly, Bf3 and Bf4 also had spotting but I'll admit that removing will make the game unpredictable
  • DeadassFacts
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting now is a much more interesting mechanic. You need to get used to it.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad it's gone.
    Hope 2D spotting goes next.
  • Solid_SkG
    1134 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    3D spotting was the worst thing in this franchise and i hope they wont implement it ever again.

It doesnt remove a team play incetive at all,its just a casual friendly feature which rewards those who like to camp on a hill with a sniper or a tank and shoot something they werent able to see without 3D spotting.

Now it makes you move more carefully,it makes the game less run and gun and scouts finally have a usefull role because its the only class that can spot now with the goggles.
  • V2Face
    2655 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Spotting is still in the game. You can spot tank positions with spot key, suppression spots players in the vicinity of the bullets it’s like a wall hack and I think it’s broken atm. Also scouts can spot with gadgets and flares. The system in place is better but spottting should just be removed entirely.
  • DevilsBathtub
    834 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Game is much better with the spotting changed.
  • Skitelz7
    925 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    V2Face wrote: »
    The system in place is better but spottting should just be removed entirely.
    Agreed.
  • PuRePIaY
    182 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem is they have made it hard to see the enemy and they have removed spotting, both to much..
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i Agree , i love the no spotting thing in BF5. BF1 should have been like that