Whats a good K/D

Comments

• Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    1 or above, and you're golden. So long as you kill at least as many enemies that kill you, don't ever let anyone tell you your KD is bad--especially in a game as (often) mindless, chaotic, and uncoordinated as Battlefield.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Anyone who says ignore KD and have fun.. are generally people who are pretty terrible at adopting the concept of kill more than you die.. I cannot enjoy a battlefield game even if I play my role and ptfo without a 2+ KD because end of the day this is an FPS

Pure enjoyment comes from slaughtering your enemies and helping your team win

And anyone who states this thinks their 2.0+ KD will make the girls flock to them.
  • bran1986
    5654 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When talking "average k/d" it really depends. If you are talking about infantry play, the average k/d is well below 1. If you are mostly a vehicle player, average k/d is significantly higher than 1.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    VBALL_MVP wrote: »
    Anyone who says ignore KD and have fun.. are generally people who are pretty terrible at adopting the concept of kill more than you die.. I cannot enjoy a battlefield game even if I play my role and ptfo without a 2+ KD because end of the day this is an FPS

And anyone who states this thinks their 2.0+ KD will make the girls flock to them.

Typical response of someone who thinks running from flag to flag in a merry go round fashion is how the game is played

Enjoyment for me comes from getting as many kills as possible whilst scoring as many points as possible too..

I enjoy a 40-15 round 18000 point CQ game far more than a 25-15 20000 point CQ game

• SirTerrible
    1689 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Good as in good enough to be a benefit to your team more often than not? Assuming you play the objective and also have a good KPM anything over 1 is "good". If we're talking about being good to the point where you almost never meet your match then we're looking at 5+ probably.
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I float around 2.5 - 3.0 in BF1, and around 1.6 - 2.0 in BFV. And I play very aggressive and PTFO.
  • VBALL_MVP
    6177 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Typical response of someone who thinks running from flag to flag in a merry go round fashion is how the game is played

Enjoyment for me comes from getting as many kills as possible whilst scoring as many points as possible too..

I enjoy a 40-15 round 18000 point CQ game far more than a 25-15 20000 point CQ game

So basically do what you want to do. Dont make your opinion seem like fact.

Some would rather PTFO than run around bragging how they carried the team with their 2.0 KD yet still loose because they never helped their team capture flags.

There is more to the game than getting as many kills as possible.
  • mav_smileyface
    1313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Some would rather PTFO than run around bragging how they carried the team with their 2.0 KD yet still loose because they never helped their team capture flags.

You seam a bit dim I’m sorry.. not once have I said I don’t play the objective I made a point that I get enjoyment when I’m killing loads whilst capturing defending flags

I’ve not once condoned simply running around killing ignoring objectives
  • Ulfhardt
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    People run big group to get good k/d instead of trying to win.
  • Xepburn
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Factoring in revives/assists, ~1.2 is probably average. If you're hovering close to 1.0, you're fine though. As far as how much K/D actually matters? Depends on your class, your KPM, and a variety of other factors. Even if you're playing the objective as medic/support, you should still be able to pull a decent K/D.

As an aside, please don't turn into one of those players that says "I helped my team by PTFO and reviving. My .3 K/D doesn't matter." You can PTFO, revive, and still go well over 1.0. A good K/D and still helping your team aren't mutually exclusive.
  • VBALL_MVP

You seam a bit dim I’m sorry.. not once have I said I don’t play the objective I made a point that I get enjoyment when I’m killing loads whilst capturing defending flags

Lol dim? Not once did I say I ran around from flag to flag in a merry go round fashion. Guess you're just as dim as me.

• mav_smileyface

Lol dim? Not once did I say I ran around from flag to flag in a merry go round fashion. Guess you're just as dim as me.

Ok I can accept that
  • TyroneLoyd
    1340 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Score > kd

To the question. Around 2 is decent
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @ProLegion_exor you re the expert of KDR, englighten these peasents.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1448 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    As many have said don't worry about your KDR and play a team member. Your team winning seems more important these days. I'm glad DICE made KDR less important by burying it further within the stats

BF3 & BF4 I was around 2.25 then in BF1 it dropped to 1.5 as I gave up caring. It's always nice to kill more than I die though, it has a positive impact on your team winning by holding more tickets.

• SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    As long as its over 1 that's good enough, IMO. Mines usually anywhere between 1.1 and 1.5.
    Some of the best team players I've ever known have had KDR's under one i reckon. They do a lot for the team in other ways. Some of the guys i play with with the ridiculous KDR's seem to care more about that than the team winning. I mean we're probably all guilty of that to an extent, but i like to win. I dont love getting a negative KDR though ^^;
  • AdvancedMuppetry
    102 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It doesn't matter. Only streamers or youtubers care about K/D farming. AKA not playing the objective.
  • mav_smileyface
    It doesn't matter. Only streamers or youtubers care about K/D farming. AKA not playing the objective.

You can farm lots of kills and PTO that’s what the better players do
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    if your team wins then that's a good KDR
  • Jasondelaca
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It kinda does. No one wants to play a match and get less than 1.0 KD. I assume you're saying it doesn't matter because you have a terrible KD.
This discussion has been closed.