Vsync and Frame Cap both set to 60?

FRA66LES
56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
So I have a pretty decent rig (specs in my sig) and I am a framerate nut all the way. Which is probably why I still play at 1920x1080. I have my vsynch set to 60 and the framecap set to 60. Is there any reason to set the frame cap higher than 60 since vsync caps it anyway? I have read it will reduce stuttering but was curious of the effect coupled with the vsynch on?

Comments

• xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i set the frame limiter to 120 in advanced settings and set vsync on and it keeps it at 120 the entire time for me. i guess the game relies alot on cpu power in this one like bf1 did a bit. i believe, dont get mad if im wrong.
  • FRA66LES
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i set the frame limiter to 120 in advanced settings and set vsync on and it keeps it at 120 the entire time for me. i guess the game relies alot on cpu power in this one like bf1 did a bit. i believe, dont get mad if im wrong.

Yeah when I have it set to vsync/60 my CPU load is about 60% and my GPU is about 50%. I run everything on high instead of Ultra. I could use more GPU/CPU but I prefer it this way. I like not having to push my GPU/CPU to its max and still get an enjoyable experience.
  • SuperiorByGender
    3236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't recommend using vsync. It created mad input lag.
  • FRA66LES

ill give that a try and see how my lag times are
  • SuperiorByGender
    3236 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    FRA66LES wrote: »

ill give that a try and see how my lag times are

In my case I can feel the input lag that is applied with vsync on. Others might have a different result, who knows.
  • choppernNZ
    86 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I have vsync off frame limiter 120 screen at 120hz and gysnc on, raw mouse off = smooth gaming
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i have gsync as well so i don't really experience any lag when playing