Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Early Access Launch

Comments

• Mediffs
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Positives:
    + The feeling of the weapons is spot on now. A huge improvement from BF1! Please never bring back random bullet deviation again.
    + Hamada in conquest is a welcome change of pace. Feels like a battlefield map from old times. Big enough so the gameplay doesn't degenerate into mindless chaos and enough cover from the terrain to not turn into a sniper fest either.
    + Removal of instant revives. You no longer get revived out in the open just to get immediately shot again.
    + Removal of 3d spotting. Feels great not to be shot through vegetation and walls by someone across the map who could only see a 3d spot marker.

Negatives/Bugs:
    - Dice's servers. Why does Dice only offer 64 player conquest and not provide a 32 player option? The chaos and randomness gets very frustrating. This same thing put me off of Conquest in BF1 entirely(and to only play Rush) and since there are no rental servers there's just no options... Frontlines mode is 32 players though, but since it's on only on mixed mode servers I'd need to look for a new server after every round. Again, frustrating and feels like these things were just not given much thought at all.
    - Sometimes assignments seem to not track progress
    - The german flakpanzer Wirbelwind is misspelled in its description as "Wirblewind"
    - Suomi smg magazine(atleast after mag upgrade) default skin seems to be wrong. Looks like it has some blue camo paint on it.
    - Sometimes when a round starts I can't move or look around. The UI mouse pointer is visible and can be moved. Pressing esc to open the menu and esc again to close it fixes this.
    Post edited by Mediffs on
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    We need crouching when using top mounted guns and PAK. Now we are sitting ducks in shooting range. Top gun blind fire, maybe =)
    OK. Just buy H&G and bring it on your engine =)
  • ROMEO_RAMBO
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Could you please fix the MAJOR bug for watching the INTRO everytime I start the game (PC)
  • Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Other than tank damage vs infantry (main cannon) and assault rockets being extremely OP regardless of where they hit is just too much.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Enjoyed my 10hr EA access on Xb1X and two quick points.
    1 I’ve bought the deluxe version so please get rid of that stupid 10hr rule and just let me play! ;)
    2 you need to increase the contrast/visibility of some of the ingame text. For example the flight rearming icons on the snow maps are almost impossible to see. Translucent white icons on a pale background?
  • bishop88888
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Overall it's a major achievement, BF5 is great!

I haven't seen anyone talk about MMG bipods. While the animation is much better, given that I already had to hunt down the right bit of terrain to bipod on the ADS is too slow. Often it cancels if you skip over a tiny bit of terrain that isn't bipoddable and I have to see that ADS animation kick in again while tracking a target.

Bipods really struggle on thin railings too, it seems the horizontal bar of a railing doesn't support a bipod, only the vertical pole, makes the bridge of rotterdam difficult for MMG players.

Other than that as a support player it'd be good to be able to see team mates that are really low on ammo having a different icon from those only down a 1 or 2 clips.
  • Cpt_McRon
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another important thing I spotted:
    • Small transport vehicle should be able to carry 4 mens at least. It's annoying while beeing a 4 man squad to have to take 2 vehicles or to split the squad to travel to a new location.
    • Universal Carrier should have a Bren LMG seat next to the driver (When USSR join the fight they can have T20 Komsomolets)
    • Transport trucks/halftrack should be able to carry at least 8 soldiers (2 squads). Do you remember BF1942 when you could enter 12 soldiers in a M3 Halftrack ? Not mentionning it was the lone vehicle with the C47 to be a spawnpoint.

Basically small transport vehicle should carry a squad.
      Bigger transport vehicle should carry an important amount of your team.

This way it will be easier to act as a squad by keeping together.
  • atticusrebel
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Been loving the game so far ! No complaints ! Only issue I had was while playing on map Hamada. All of a sudden I was blinded by the sun ( felt like I was flashed with a flashbang for half the match) I don't know if it was a bug or not. I even went into setting to turn my brightness down , it didn't do anything. But yea , keep up the awesome job with the game , keep releasing those notes so I can print them out , and see everyone on the Battlefield 11/15/18
  • TheGremmel
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Remove autodeploy at the start of a round and FIRE whoever didn't vehemently resist putting it into the game. They're NOT game designers and they'll end up ruining your company eventually.
  • TheGremmel
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    So there's a spectrum of functional matchmaker algorithms in the gaming industry. League of Legends and say Fortnite in one end. World of Tanks and say Escape From Tarkov at the other. Even the worst of them are serviceable. I suggest, DICE, you get your algorithm on the spectrum instead of having it drooling in the corner.
  • Chacal_FEBr
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hi guys i have many problems in changes of maps, the game present the black screen with a logo of BFV and nothing happens after that, someone has the same trouble?
  • Red7777
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The medic class MP34 Lattey sights (1.25x) are not aligned correctly at the moment when ADS. Unsure if this was mentioned yet. See image below.

https://i.imgur.com/OLOL59C.png
  • scienceteacher74
    125 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Is anyone else struggling? I am getting melted in this game. Not sure if it is me not adjusting from BF1 or lag/netcode? Anyone have settings for FOV etc? I tried using the ones from BF1 but they seem different. great game, I am just really struggling in the k/d department
  • Kobrashade
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So far, I've enjoyed the game for the most part. There are some pretty frustrating bugs but I anticipate the fixes won't be too far out.

BUG
    1) When complete a match (lets say Conquest), press continue and you are taken to the next screen where you are selecting your class while the new map lobby counts down. Occasionally, if you press escape to go back a screen to see your assignments while your lobby is counting down, it will glitch out and become a bit faded. Problem is you can't click on anything when you load in because you are still in a glossed over faded state. (basically have to end task-I haven't found an alternative)

My thoughts
    Maps:
    I do wish the conquest maps were a bit bigger. Some of them don't provide much room for flanking anything and becomes much more of a cod funnel (just a bit bigger). The huge map I believe (Hamada) is awesome. EXCEPT completely ruined with 1 team automatically having all of the points.

I feel like having a more ranged alternative for medic could be nice. At least half of the maps require so much running through clear exposed land lending favoring snipers/assaults. Smoke is great except once people learn to spam it, your only cover becomes a bit lackluster. Smgs are fairly good close range but so are pistol/revolver and assault as well.

Could there be a revive stat in the scoreboard? If everyone couldn't revive I'd say it wouldn't be needed but could promote more reviving and non squad reviving.
  • drh0u5e
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    10. More ammo. Especially to support and recon. Support gets machine guns. Machine guns are for SUPPRESSIVE FIRE. They use a lot of ammo. Recon sits somewhgere high away from the rest of the world, and ammo, and snipes. They should get more ammo.

Pleace no... snipers should have less ammunition so they do not camp the entire round.
  • LaxSagacity
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Enjoying the game so far. too long.

On PC.

I've had the bugs others have had, rounds not ending properly, revives stopping to work, unable to spawn back in and needing to alt+f4 the game.

UI
    This needs to refinement. The spawning in and adjusting your class in game needs to be improved. I should be able to adjust my class on the squad spawn screen, as well as select points to spawn in at. When selecting a new weapon or gadjet in game, it shouldn't take me to a whole new page, it slows things down and is pointless. Give me a drop down list or something.

Assignments need to be adjusting ingame, it sucks having to leave a good match because you completed some assignments and want to add some new ones.

If I click under a game mode tile and go to the server browser from that, it resets my region filter. A server browser more similar to BF4 would be much better and quicker to use.

Also the server browser is broken for some modes. I can't find TDM unless I go through the server browser listed under the infintry tile on the main MP screen.

The UI for calling in reinforcements as squad leader, sometimes it selects something with out be choosing.

Spawning in on team mates
    Far too often I spawn in and instantly am killed by an enemy. Yet there's other times I want to spawn in on a team mate, they're in cover, not being attacked but it says "in combat."

Guns
    I'm sticking with the same few funs for now, the Medic guns aren't great except in close quarters. They need something more long range. They're useless on open maps. Also looking at the states, why would I ever use one besides the Sten?

Grand Operations
    I really like this mode, what would make it even better is if different stages had a few different alternatives. One game a plant a bomb stage might be capture, then the next capture is plant a bomb, vary it up.

Teams
    I'm not quite sure if this is just chance, but I literally am always the same team or a map. So for instance, I al always Axis on Hamada. I am always Allied on Rotterdam, always Allied in Narvik, Always Axis on Airfield etc.. Similar in grand operations. It's just odd, since I noticed it, it has been confirmed everytime. Always the same team on set maps.

Assignments
    Some of mine don't track. Then suddenly they do. I have never got the basic medic or recon to track. The current daily order for burning people isn't tracking.
    I also have one which has shoot down planes as allied in airborn. Never once been allied in airborn, or seen which map that's even possible in. Which is annoying.

Game Code
    Game runs smooth, but a few times I have been locked out of actions in the moments before I die. I see someone, aim to shoot and nothing happens. Then I die. Similar to movements, getting to cover. I once saw enemies, jumped off a ledge, died on top of it. It seems there's a delay sometimes where I'm dead but don't know it. Only sometimes.

I think some animations are set to finish before you can do another action. Go to meelee someone, can't switch to pistol or cancel that action. Maybe also with reloading. I understand why this may be a thing, but it's frustrating when you can't do what you want and then die.

Sometimes you get killed and you are looking right in the direction and saw nothing coming. Bullets, or even the big cannons.

Genral Comments
    I like the game, but I feel this will go the way of BF1 for me. I played a lot the first few weeks, and it trailed of over the next month or two. Unlike BC2, BF3, BF4 which I never got bored of playing. I hope the frontlines brings excitement because I don't think this game currently has long term appeal to me. I will see, but I already am starting to find it a bit repetitive.

It definately needs some more maps asap. The long match times means you spend a lot of time with each map which adds to the repetitive feeling of the game. I'd also love some classic WWII locations, nothing actually makes this feel like a WWII game.

The Grand Operation in france is just a tease that there's no Paris map. Constantly mentioning Paris but we can't go there.

D-Day landings would be amazing!

I wasn't going to mention this section, but BF1 brought out content too late, myself and my mates had all stopped played. I think this game will go in a similar direction unless lots of stuff is injected sooner, rather than later.

BF3 for instance, that game was made once Back to Karkand was added. It just added enough maps and diversity that the game could be played endless. Currently this game doesn't have that.

Customisation
    Kind of limited so far. I don't want over the top stuff, but it's all generally just greyish stuff. Change the colours and it looks basicly the same. I know you want ranks, and the inevitable micro transactions for customisation, but I think it should have more basic default options. Or a wider pool and maybe you can select a couple of different things. The rest you have to unlock with progress.

In game awareness
    Sometimes I am suddenly taken surprise that someones got right to me. There should be louder footsteps or something. Sometimes I hear them and have no idea which direction.

Also Tanks often seem to be stealth until they shoot at you. I feel you should have some in game awareness a tank has just rocked up.
    Post edited by LaxSagacity on
  • Fishstickles_1st
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hiyo Dice,

I have made a video explaining how I feel about the medic, specifically the weapons. Please watch and consider my suggestion.

• R34P
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm more then 30 hours in now. The "netcode" or servers feels horrible. Just like early BF4. You trade with people, you get killed around walls, you get "1-shot" by people that you don't even hear the gun sound from (all bullets hit at the same tick). Are amazon servers just **** or whats the problem? Can you confirm that the servers are running on 60hz or more?
  • Giggstheking
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    My biggest concern is

If me and friends are more than 4 people, how are supposed to play together?
    Dice should at least make place for platoon matchmaking if the squad is limited to only 4 people.
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cpt_McRon wrote: »
    Transport trucks/halftrack should be able to carry at least 8 soldiers (2 squads). Do you remember BF1942 when you could enter 12 soldiers in a M3 Halftrack ? Not mentionning it was the lone vehicle with the C47 to be a spawnpoint.
    Easy money for panzerfaust with current damage system. Only for deep flanking I think.