Question for the mods: Is Fairfight active yet?

SavageBeastZero
74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
Firstly, to clear this up, I haven't encountered any blatant cheaters as of yet. So that's not the reason for the question. This is more a question for the betterment of community moral (preventative maintenance as it were).

I couldn't help but notice that I haven't seen the usual Fairfight ban messages as per usual in Battlefield 1. I navigated to the gameblocks sight to see if BFV was indeed using Fairfight and it apparently is, but I question if whether or not it's been activated yet or is just in data collection mode as it was at one point during BF1 before going active.

I was just looking for clarification, because not seeing the ban wave messages piqued my curiosity after seeing a few complain on the forums about cheaters in lobbies. I figured you guys might have more information on the subject and a definitive answer would quell some players worries. Then they'd at least have some communication as to its functional status, so they'd know a solution is already active or on its way.

Anyways, thanks in advance and have a nice day BF community.

Comments

• MachoFantast1c0
    2060 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Merson316 wrote: »
    Yes, FairFight is currently active.

As you may be aware, we upgraded the chat experience in Battlefield V. This new enhancement now allows you to talk to your squad virtually anywhere in the game. One unfortunate side effect of this was the loss of the FairFight ban messages you are used to seeing in Battlefield 1. We are currently investigating a solution for this, no ETA at this point.

Aggregate messaging need not happen in-game, a separate site would be fine. However, some indication that sanctions are happening would go some way to building confidence in the AC. For the last two days, cheats have started to appear in EU region. Before (pre-)release there were signals from devs that AC has been improved from BF1, so it's slightly disheartening to witness them in this density.
  • SavageBeastZero
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

As you may be aware, we upgraded the chat experience in Battlefield V. This new enhancement now allows you to talk to your squad virtually anywhere in the game. One unfortunate side effect of this was the loss of the FairFight ban messages you are used to seeing in Battlefield 1. We are currently investigating a solution for this, no ETA at this point.

I see greater value in the message we send when a cheater is banned from the server you are currently playing in and will be prioritising that over the hourly ban count messages, but I would love to hear your overall feedback and suggestions for the future of these messages.

Firstly, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my query. I wasn't expecting a DICE staff member to reply, but it was a welcome surprise and is a testament to your dedication to the community. I'm glad to hear that Fairfight is indeed active already. I totally understand that your prioritizing certain elements and the hourly updates aren't necessarily needed, but as MachoFantast1c0 stated some form of a community accessible list in the least would be welcome.

Especially so, (considering) reporting a player would feel useless without it. Without the ability to verify that action has been taken via DICE/Fairfight, it would likely lead to the player base disregarding the report function due to a lack of motivation. If a player can report (if needed) and then verify if action was taken in some form, it would definitely provide a boost in the confidence of the player base overall.

Already at launch, the current build of BFV is already a solid foundation to a game that has immense potential, I can't wait to see what you have in store for the community over the coming months. I'm looking forward to future updates in regards to this and other needed resolutions in the current build of BFV.

Once again, thank you for your response. Keep up the great work!
  • Kauzer_RF
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

I see greater value in the message we send when a cheater is banned from the server you are currently playing in and will be prioritising that over the hourly ban count messages, but I would love to hear your overall feedback and suggestions for the future of these messages.

Ban on single server is not a solution completely. Cheater should get ban to BF V or even full origin account.
  • ADRIANIKO0117
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Enserio a quien se le ocurrió lo de las ultima misión de maestría de las carabinas... son casi imposibles de completar y a mucha gente se les están asiendo dificil y me incluyo en ese grupo por favor bajen le 2 rallas a la dificulta gracias por leerlo le aria un gran favor a los novatos.
  • cylon0
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    Hey there!

Ban on single server is not a solution completely. Cheater should get ban to BF V or even full origin account.

First, a majority of the population of humans have been raised with a moral compass and won't cheat. If there's video proof of someone cheating and we know they've cheated, why let them keep playing?

Yeah the cheater may have also bought the game, but more people will buy the game in general if they know cheating is not tolerated.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

I imagine being banned means you cannot play on any server for the duration of the ban. I believe he was specifically talking about being notified if someone on your server was banned and not that they were only banned from one individual server.
  • skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Hey there!

I imagine being banned is server wide and not limited to a single server. I believe Merson was just talking about seeing a fairfight message if someone on your server was just banned.
  • fragnstein
    621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

Considering all the servers are EA, that ban would be across all servers. If RSP were to happen, that ban would include any ranked server as well.
  • Sk1lld
    571 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    @Merson316
    Appreciate the responding to the community, as of late it seems this is few and far between.
    For me if we could at least get a message of who is banned on the server we're playing would be enough I think.
    Thank you again.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

So, how many have received a ban as of today? Surely you can tell us this without revealing the inner workings of the anticheat.
  • Upgrayedd_98
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Agreed. Confirmed hacking should be a ban on that Origin account. If they want to play games they already "own" they can create a new account and purchase them again.
  • Upgrayedd_98
    66 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    cylon0 wrote: »

First, a majority of the population of humans have been raised with a moral compass and won't cheat. If there's video proof of someone cheating and we know they've cheated, why let them keep playing?

Yeah the cheater may have also bought the game, but more people will buy the game in general if they know cheating is not tolerated.

Well, PUBG banned 15M out of their 50M users for cheating so.... yeah, I'm going to say that cheating is rampant and a huge problem. A lack of blatant hackers aimbotting everyone does NOT mean there aren't several cheaters in every game.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If its active, they have tweaked the parameters that get you banned so that it picks up just about nobody. GJ!
  • Ouroboros27
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    classic battlefield experience again. 15 cheater per 64 player there is nothing we can do here anymore. press F to pay respect
  • DirtHole72
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    cylon0 wrote: »

Did you mean to say "why NOT let them keep playing???" Please tell me you didn't mean that. If so that is the most ridiculous argument I have ever read. How about this example:

Played BF5 for the last time (unless they fix the cheating) 2 days ago. 1st game of the night. A "morally challenged" person quickly starts getting tons of kills. He went 89 and 2 before I couldn't take it any more and quit. Everybody, including his own team were calling him out as cheating. I spent most of the game urging everybody on the server to report him. He killed me a few times as well. It was instant-kill as soon as I came into sight, within milliseconds I was dead. This was ONE CHEATER and he completely destroyed the game for 63 others. People kept quitting the server left and right. And what is worst is the matchmaking would turn around and fill the server right back up to 64. This clown has an endless supply of peoples' games to ruin.

You say most people have a moral compass. NO, not any more. I don't know how old you are, probably old enough to think back to when your statement was mostly true, I am. I assure it is not now. Cheating in a video game may seem trivial but its not. It's symptom of a broken society. These people WANT TO HURT OTHERS. Make no mistake. Why else would they do it? And every day there are more.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

I don't think that's what he meant, I took his meaning to be that legit players benefit from seeing someone in their server being banned live, that way they know the system is working.
  • shiftymoves123
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hey there!

No its not. I can prove it.
    How about a Killstreak of 192. One fifth of every kill is a headshot. Longest headshot 418. top %0.1 FairFight is doing what, lol
    He has been reported over and over by literally hundreds of people. Yet he is ruining the game for many right now, as we speak. I'd post his name but I';d get in trouble. As EA likes to hide their cheaters.
  • Mind_0uT
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hey there!

I just played with a hacker who went 73-1... Clearly "Fairfight" is working
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1324 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

level 2
    INGWR
    106 points
    ·
    11 hours ago
    Classic article by /u/Braddock512:

We at DICE are aware of X problem and here’s a four paragraph non-answer about what we’re doing:

Investigating, visualizing, and looking at the problem to determine what problem there is and what problems are problematic from it being a problem. Seeing if we can locate the visualization of the problem in the context of it being a problem.

Coordinating with collaborations between different corroboratives to ally in unison and demonstrate a group effort to identify the problem that’s being investigated via coordination.

Implementing and extricating new solutions from the investigatory problem using combined tactics of corroboration to analyze and overcome the visualization of player feedback and implementation of a solution.

Going forward, addressing player concerns with long posts using buzzwords from a motivational workgroup speaker that ultimately provide no tangible answer or help solve the problem in any way.