No team switching is a great change!

Comments

• disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Team switching didn't fix uneven games. NO ONE EVER switched to smaller/losing teams to even things up. I even stopped doing it because no one else would.

Removing elective team switching is a fantastic change. Boggles my mind why they didn't do it in BF1.

BUT there are still problems though: -

Rounds starting uneven (I assume they are still allocating teams with players yet to load/quit?)
    Players joining the game on the bigger/winning side (DICE Pls)
    No timely mid-round balancing
    No penalty for quitting

I'm seeing better balance, but still not doing some basic stuff that would improve things. *shrug* They didn't during two years of BF1 either so... don't hold your breath.
    @disposalist I swear I'm not stalking you :D

I have often switched to the losing team in previous titles. Why not set up team switching to allow only to switch to the team with fewer players, if that team also has fewer tickets? Maybe even hand out a score reward for switching to the loosing side?
    I have the impression that the ingame balancer is drunk sometimes. I have been switched to the winning team twice midgame in as many rounds....
    Yes, they should allow switching to the losing/smaller side. No harm in that and, yes, I've suggested before an incentive.

"The enemy are losing soldiers! Switch team and stay to the end for 100 coins!"
  • V99999
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I feel like most of the people who claim to switch to the losing team are the same recons who clear the objectives from across the map 😂
  • azelenkin0306
    553 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    This is a very bad change and will lead to even more stomps and quitters. In BF1 I often switched to a losing team to help them and have some challenge.

Not sure about Conquest, but in Ops and Frontlines 32vs24 or 16vs8 was a very common scenario.

Also it has been said multiple times, that it's almost impossible to create a proper balancing algorithm and there should be room left for human. Yes, it will be abused like other things, but IMHO it's still much better that not having it at all.
    Team switching didn't fix uneven games. NO ONE EVER switched to smaller/losing teams to even things up. I even stopped doing it because no one else would.

Removing elective team switching is a fantastic change. Boggles my mind why they didn't do it in BF1.

BUT there are still problems though: -

Rounds starting uneven (I assume they are still allocating teams with players yet to load/quit?)
    Players joining the game on the bigger/winning side (DICE Pls)
    No timely mid-round balancing
    No penalty for quitting

I'm seeing better balance, but still not doing some basic stuff that would improve things. *shrug* They didn't during two years of BF1 either so... don't hold your breath.
    • Mid-round balancer: please no, it's even worse that not having Team Switching
    • Penalty for quitting: it has been discusses to death :) that it's bad design decision. People can leave games for various (family, kids, urgent stuff, early meeting and etc.) reasons including the rage quit. By implementing penalties, how are you going to distinguish these various cases?

Thanks
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah one team getting stomped repeatedly every round sounds great, no team balancing what so ever or mixed teams every match.

if your team is getting stomped repeatedly, what's stopping you from joining another server?

after every round, i ALWAYS switch servers to it's fresh every time.
  • Noromiz
    291 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    While I am generally happy about the "No traitors" thing, then it is tremendously annoying to do assignments where you have to play as a specific faction now, as I NEVER get to play Allies on the correct map for it (looking at you Hamada).
    And when I do the Assignment is broken, but that is for a bug report :(
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    787 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sadiztic wrote: »
    Yeah one team getting stomped repeatedly every round sounds great, no team balancing what so ever or mixed teams every match.

You must be talking about BF1.

I’ve gotten into rounds in BFV where it’s 22 versus 37. The auto balance is non-existent right now.

Well I use the server browser so that will never happen.

Well, until the next round. I played one yesterday that was 22 vs 41. How is the game even able to put more than 32 on a team? I dont know but it is happening.
  • TropicPoison
    2388 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »

if your team is getting stomped repeatedly, what's stopping you from joining another server?

after every round, i ALWAYS switch servers to it's fresh every time.

For one I shouldn't have to expert, that's someones job at DICE to balance teams and they're doing a crap job at it.
  • Singe1989
    77 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For me I don’t think it’s great...

I personally liked switching onto the losing team in BF1 to help them out.

It becomes a bore fest when you are pounding a team into the corner.

Feels a lot better trying to battle your way out of it.
  • spateri1
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

You must be talking about BF1.

I’ve gotten into rounds in BFV where it’s 22 versus 37. The auto balance is non-existent right now.

No team switching? Other team has has 10+ extra and you cant even it up yourself? What?
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The issue I have with this is bf often splits my squad up that I went into the match with. Am I being told with no team switching that my squad will now stay together when we join a game?
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What if I want to play with my friends and it puts me on the opposite team? For a game supposedly trying to emphasize team play, that seems to be quite a blaring hindrance to joining your friends squads
  • V99999
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    What if I want to play with my friends and it puts me on the opposite team? For a game supposedly trying to emphasize team play, that seems to be quite a blaring hindrance to joining your friends squads

Its used 100x more to team switch to the winning side then its used to find your buddies.
  • HardAimedKid
    11386 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »

Its used 100x more to team switch to the winning side then its used to find your buddies.

Not from me because I don't give a crap, but being constantly put on the opposite team of people I'm trying to play with is annoying and gets frustrating when it happens often, may as well play alone if that's the case and save the frustration
  • ashar_saleem121
    1207 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V99999 wrote: »

Not from me because I don't give a crap, but being constantly put on the opposite team of people I'm trying to play with is annoying and gets frustrating when it happens often, may as well play alone if that's the case and save the frustration

Absolutely. Playing alone against a group of friends just isnt fun
  • Hawxxeye
    5335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I just confirmed in the Grand operations that you are still doomed to a irreversible slow loss if you end up with a potato team, even as defender.
  • jarskynz
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So this just happened, and it stayed like this the whole round
    Couldn't switch teams to even it up. It's really frustrating not having the team switch.

- More players are just quitting on join because they cant be bothered fighting a losing map - especially now theres no Behemoths.
    - Cant switch to the side I want to play for achievements and possibly some easter eggs.
    - Cant switch teams to help the losing side and try and make an epic comeback.
    - Sometimes I prefer to play fighting a certain side on maps

Without team switching or at least rebalancing between rounds, it just means that servers are constantly emptying because players are constantly dropping out of the losing side because it just becomes round after round after round.
    I played a server yesterday where our side lost 4x in a row before i left because the opposite team had almost entirely level 10+'s so they had unlocked better scopes, weapons, vehicle armor, etc....and almost our entire team was in single digits.

41jtggvv.sxz.png
  • ragnarok013
    3021 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited November 2018
    We need team switching back. I've played in too many 20 v 32 matches in Bf5 where I couldn't switch from the winning team with my friends to the losing team in order to balance the match. I also can't join my friends when I'm put on the other team but there's room on my friend's team when playing with friends has always been one of the biggest draws for me playing BF.
  • HardAimedKid
    We need team switching back. I've played in too many 20 v 32 matches in Bf5 where I couldn't switch from the winning team with my friends to the losing team in order to balance the match. I also can't join my friends when I'm put on the other team but there's room on my friend's team when playing with friends has always been one of the biggest draws for me playing BF.

+1
  • RRedux
    671 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something commonly used on rented servers in bf4 was that if the ticket difference on the previous match was over a certain amount, the teams got scrambled, while keeping the same people in squads. It wasn't perfect, sometimes the teams could get even worse, but since the teams weren't scrambled after close matches, you would often get a good couple of rounds of really close games before it had to scramble again.

It was a lot better than the current system.
  • trip1ex
    4686 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Um we had uneven teams all the time in BF1 despite having team switching lol. BF1 being the BF game before BFV in case you forgot that as well.

So having team switching will not help. Need to balance numbers at the start of rounds and punish quitters and let teams knock each other out.

afaik you join a party first in BFV if you want to play with up to 3 friends.
This discussion has been closed.