Sniping In Battlefield V

Comments

• Lord_Beelzebub1
    240 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People still play BF2?
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    People still play BF2?

Unfortunately is very hard to play and now you can only play with bots... But BFBC2 still playable.
  • Venevek
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member

1 - BF is a arcade game
    2 - It fires an 12,7mm round but the damage on BF2 is the same as other snipers(but only m95 can be used against armor) and on BFBC2, only the OHK range is a little greater but it fires very slowly and have mods ADS time
    3 - Suppression is used IRL because much times the enemy don't know where the shots are coming from and an single bullet can incapacitate/kill, not as a magical force that push your bullet making an perfectly aligned shot magically go to random locations
    4 - Suppression on more realistic games like Red Orchestra appears as increased sway, increased recoil, increased "breath-rate"(probably by the fear of being shoted), an magical magnetic field only appears on BF3

If you look to Simo Häyhä, he managed to shot the enemy under fire in many occasions.

1. BF is indeed a arcade game
    2. Good good
    3. "Suppression is used IRL because much times the enemy don't know where the shots are coming from" can you refrase that? Im not sure how you mean that have something to do with it. :)
    4. The way suppression works in more realistic games is how I WISH it was in BF, cus then it would do its job, without the decreased accuracy that doesnt make any sence and the one suppressed could still (if they really wanted to even though it'd be a bad choice) return fire and if they are skilled enough get shots on target.
    I never liked the fact that suppression decreased accuracy, as it was a bad way of inplementing the suppression mechanic, increased sway, increased recoil and such would have been much better.

Simo Häyhä is someone I look up to very much in the way he defended our country against the ruskies.

• VindictiV_V
    1347 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    -snip-

Doesn't mean bf2 was balanced or that a single weapon in an almost 14 years old game should dictate how we balance new titles. And, if I remember correctly, the game (compared to bf3-4) was pretty meh as weapons in general had terrible accuracy. The only thing I remember about bf2 is how almost every single engagement was about who would drop on the floor the quickest to have the better accuracy (dolphin diving everywhere during faceoffs). Lots changed since. Also, now, suppression is ONLY visual therefore if you as a player have good accuracy, you will not be affected at all when somebody is shooting back at you from afar. In my earlier post, that's another thing I forgot to mention on how hill-humping/camping snipers from afar are still pretty damm solid because of the facts I listed but also how, now, suppression is functionally gone (just visual effects). It's just the aggressive playstyle that scouts will need to either use DMRs or silenced SMG (exotic subclass).

Bolt-actions are fine as is. They just need to make DMRs more accurate (reset recoil faster) as, at least the one accessible during the beta, kicked too much. But that's about it, and scout was my second most used class in the beta.
  • chippee82
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The only way to solve this one recon per squad team that way every one is happy me thinks
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    523 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    -snip-

Doesn't mean bf2 was balanced or that a single weapon in an almost 14 years old game should dictate how we balance new titles. And, if I remember correctly, the game (compared to bf3-4) was pretty meh as weapons in general had terrible accuracy. The only thing I remember about bf2 is how almost every single engagement was about who would drop on the floor the quickest to have the better accuracy (dolphin diving everywhere during faceoffs). Lots changed since. Also, now, suppression is ONLY visual therefore if you as a player have good accuracy, you will not be affected at all when somebody is shooting back at you from afar. In my earlier post, that's another thing I forgot to mention on how hill-humping/camping snipers from afar are still pretty damm solid because of the facts I listed but also how, now, suppression is functionally gone (just visual effects). It's just the aggressive playstyle that scouts will need to either use DMRs or silenced SMG (exotic subclass).

Bolt-actions are fine as is. They just need to make DMRs more accurate (reset recoil faster) as, at least the one accessible during the beta, kicked too much. But that's about it, and scout was my second most used class in the beta.

No, aren't fine. Doesn't matter what "metric" you use. Muzzle speed, damage potential, capability to PTFO, etc; they are weaker on BF V than on any other BF. To have an comparasion, assuming that on HC is 60hp; snipers on HC will need to do a shot on CQB then switch to sidearms, compare to BF 4 with very weak snipers compared to bf2/bfbc2/bf1/etc and a lot of SR can OHK up to 150m on HC.

The lack of suppression is good for any "non spray an pray weapon", an bipoded LMG can kill you in one burst.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I-Soldat-I wrote: »
    A massive wall of words with no breaks or paragraphs makes for poor reading.... As an aside the BF franchise has always been about large maps with plenty of vehicles but has shrunk over time to small linear sniper friendly maps

I normally plow through long posts, but with the nonsensical ranting at the beginning I bailed on this wall of text early. They're trying to get rid of sniping altogether, LOL, what a sense of entitlement some folks have.

Snipers are right up there with chopper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ when it comes to crying their eyes out if a game isn't set up to benefit them. I'm a craptacular sniper and I had no problem getting sniper kills in the beta, and it seemed like getting headshot even when I was sprinting was my most common cause of death. Maybe it will change if we get some bigger maps, but in the beta I thought snipers were a bit OP--clearly the guys who spend their gaming time staring into scopes disagree.
  • -L-M3rc3n4ry
    This is the best sniper that i know. I don't know if he liked BF V or not...

khMELIz.jpg
  • Hawxxeye
    7748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited September 2018
    and it seemed like getting headshot even when I was sprinting was my most common cause of death.
    You were probably really far from the battle if you did not died from STGs and Stens more than snipers
  • StanBradu
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Fully agree with TS
    This video reminds me of snipers from BFV
  • V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    Example of what happens when you give someone who is known for being unnaturally good with a bolt action an STG44 instead;
    And so the truth is shown, one good with a bolt action can do at least twice as good or more with a really competitive full auto weapon

1) This is beta release where the STG in single had no recoil
    2) This is stodeh who still racks up the same scores in BFV with the sniper rifles.
  • V1k1n6-666
    Ok I gotta stop some of you right now:
    1)Comparing with STG is bs. EVERYBODY knows STG needs a heavy nerf (both to it's TTK cuz it currently beats SMGs in cqc, and to it's long range accuracy as it beats stuff like Gewerh 43 and even sniper rifles and DMRs at medium/long range in terms of not only accuracy but, again, in terms of TTK).

It has already been nerfed into the ground.
  • V1k1n6-666

no but the stg cant fire way more bullets to kill before a sniper can pull back the 2nd bullet to fire, and thus kill faster. The tap shot of the stg at range is stupid good. Right now most guns apart fromt he stg need to be buffed up to be on par instead of just nurfing the stg. Snipers right now are in a crappy spot for getting good scores. They have to stay miles away , the run and gun skill sniper isnt as strong atm because if they bump into anyone with an auto there dead simple as that. So you stay back , sure u can get some nice kills, but your not gaining points as fast as others, your not helping your squad ect. You get flair gun at rank 10, which is stupid enough as it is, and then you only get 1 flair b4 u have to go get ammo. They need something more like K bullets from bf1 to make them more usefull for heavy armor as well. Right now they really only have one style of play, and it gets boring prity fast.

Those videos are from the beta, the STG has been nerfed a little too much now.
  • Netc0de
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    bluto898 wrote: »
    *NOTICE* If you aren't going read the whole arguement DO NOT COMMENT on it. This is a constructive discussion about sniping in Battlefield V NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR IGNORANT OPINION THAT SNIPERS SHOULD NOT EXIST IN BATTLEFIELD.

First, off all I have to say is WTF BATTLEFIELD!!?? Who was the moron in charge of sniping mechanics this year? I've read thru a lot of threads of people crying about the sniping in Battlefield 1. My overall impression thru a handful of games (in Battlefield V) using the sniper class is that they just want to get rid of sniping all together. I don't know how they managed to take a step back in terms of scopes but they are all terrible and you can no longer pick your magnification... So we go from WW1 to WW2 and lose weapon tech? Every war is always a battle of the best technology and going from WW1 to WW2 we should see and increase in the weapon tech we can use but that is NOT the case in battlefield's recreation of WW2. This game is suppose to be "historically accurate" and they clearly messed that up this year in terms of gun attachments.

One of the main problems that I have to stress and I hope the people who make battlefield read this bcuz it is absolutely DESTROYING the game for me and thousands of other people who like to come to battlefield to snipe. The long scope on every gun has a stupid target finder. When you aim, the scope has a thick black outline around whatever cross-hair your scope has. When you are aiming the cross-hairs at someone it reverts to a normal scope but it doesn't work half the time. When it gives you a big outline YOU CAN'T SEE ENOUGH TO PROPERLY AIM THE GUN!!!!!!! You need to have some sort of X-ray vision to see thru the thick black lines blocking out the middle of your scope. I have died a few times just trying to aim at a guy I can not see bcuz there is thick black lines blocking out the person. I am suppose to somehow get a head shot? when I can't even see the guy? much less know where my bullet is going to go. The ZH-1 something(the second sniper you can unlock) has is the worst. The Lee Enfield I can work thru a bit but the second gun has is sooooooo bad it is seriously game breaking. Not to mention that back in WW2 THEY DIDN'T HAVE TARGET FINDING SCOPES!! They just had plain old cross-hairs that would stay the same whether you were aiming at the sky or someones face and that made for easy target acquisition. Now I spend half of my time trying to aim at someone to get the THICK BLACK outline around my cross-hairs to go away. And to make matters worse you are so zoomed into the long scope that you cant even get the full sniper circle in your scope. There are parts that are cut off by the screen and it lessens your field of view. When i first look down my sights I looked for every option I could just to try and zoom out of the scope but I found nothing and I had to deal with my soldier's eyeball being in the actual scope.

And on top of the crap mentioned above the snipers got a HUGE nerf. Every bolt action sniper from Battlefield 1 did close to 90 damage on every hit to the body; snipers in Battlefield V do around 50 damage per hit to the body. That is a staggering 40 point damage differential. The ZH-1 sniper(a semi auto sniper) I mentioned earlier did around 50 damage per hit to the body; pretty much the exact same as the Lee Enfield bolt action sniper BUT when you hit someone in the face with the Lee Enfield they are 100% dead everytime. If you hit someone in the head with the ZH-1 you get an 88 enemy hit.... no matter what you do you have to hit everyone twice with that sniper and it does the same exact amount of damage to the body as the bolt action rifle... MAKES NO SENSE.

Everything is also much harder to see thru a scope now. I find myself second guessing whether there is a guy on a hill or in a bush because I just cant see or tell in this game. People will sit on the side of a mountain and they look as tho they are a rock on a hill. People who die also lie on the ground and move in agony and its hard to tell if they are a live person or not. They need to add a game mechanic where you can just end the wait time for a revive by shooting him when they are on the ground. You could probably award points for "putting the enemy down for the count" that's a way to prevent revives and keep enemies at bay. And the range of snipers has gone down drastically. I used to regularly snipe from 300m-500m out in battlefield 1 and I would be taking heads off with ease at that range but now with the longest scope on the Lee Enfield you get barely any magnification and it makes it impossible to try and shoot someone who is really far away.

With all the main points mentioned above and the many threads I have read thru about people sniping in Battlefield 1 all signs point to Battlefield just straight up trying to get rid of sniping all together. I have read to many threads about cry babies who complain that they don't know how to hit anyone at range. They can't figure out the bullet drop or how to lead someone and kill them on the run. Or the most pathetic argument I have heard "Snipers are so selfish and never play the objective or help the team out". PLEASE STOP CRYING BECAUSE YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT THE GAME. Snipers by definition are suppose to be far away from their target NOT RIGHT IN THERE FACE. ALL snipers in every battlefield are 2 shots or more kills meaning that a sniper no matter the distance either hits the person in the head or dies bcuz you are never gonna get that second shot off unless you have range or are able to take cover to put a new round in the chamber but that takes a huge amount of time and the person you shot could just rush you or throw a grenade. The ignorant view point that snipers need to be right on the front lines is absolutely crap; in real life legendary snipers like Chris Kyle take shots regularly from half a mile out IN AN URBAN ENVIRONMENT where buildings are constantly blocking your line of sight. In WW1 it was all WIDE OPEN fields with trenches and between those trenches were DEAD ZONES where if you were caught in one you were VERY likely to be shot and killed by a sniper, LMG gunner, or Infantry soldier with a rifle. There is a VERY VERY good reason some people only snipe in Battlefield 1 and that is THE MAPS! The maps pushed people into sniping bcuz you could see straight across the entire map with a little bit on elevation. EVERY SINGLE MAP IN BATTLEFIELD 1 WAS LIKE THAT. Especially in operations. Every sniper in the game had its own bullet mechanics; you truly had to KNOW YOUR RIFLE. Constantly switching from sniper to sniper is going to make you miss constantly bcuz of different bullet drop and muzzle velocities. You had to practice with the sniper and get use to it before you could be taking off heads with ease. There were many times in Battlefield 1 where I could not miss at any range; I was taking peoples heads off as they were running; you just get in a groove sometimes and it has to do with how well you know the sniper in your hands. That was a great game mechanic Battlefield included and I applaud them for it but there isn't much of that in Battlefield V because the scope isn't good enough to even be at a range where you could test bullet drop. And the misconception that snipers don't help or play the objective is very very wrong. Snipers fight other snipers which in turn prevents them from shooting at infantry soldiers trying to plant a bomb or capture a flag. I have shot thousands of people on objectives from range and I also have saved teamates lives thousands of times as well. As a sniper I look for enemies who have taken hits from someone on my team bcuz 1 shot to the body kills them. I have teamed up on people to kill them in a split second and the soldier who is in the heat of the battle can move onto a new target faster bcuz one of us got the kill and the other got assit to kill. He had to fire less bullets to kill him and I didn't have to shoot him in the head or hit him twice in the body. Snipers have a huge effect on where people choose to run and people who want to sit behind cover and rip off shots all day. Snipers sole purpose is to keep enemies at bay by taking out other snipers shooting at infantry, guys with only their head sticking out and spraying into a crowd with machine guns and people thinking they are safe sitting behind something planting or capturing an objective. Anytime you slow down or stop as a infantry soldier you best expect your head to get taken off bcuz as a sniper you shoot the easy shot first and work your way on from there. If someone is laying down on the ground with a bipod and there is a guy moving around on top of that guy I am gonna shoot the guy laying down every time bcuz it is a free kill with little effort put in.

The main point is that Battlefield is trying to nerf sniping bcuz of unskilled players that don't know how to snipe or not get sniped in the face themselves. DON'T TAKE A STEP BACKWARDS BATTLEFIELD. Sniping in Battlefield 1 was flawless except for the invisible barriers that are seemingly everywhere. As I have said before don't complain about sniping when all the maps in the game are perfectly made for it. That will 100% change in Battlefield V bcuz we will be fighting in more rural areas instead of an open field. There is going to be so many structures blocking my line of sight and it is going to force me to move around or move closer to the objective. But now we have a laundry list of problems that shouldn't be there that are preventing me from using my sniper rifle properly. The problem last game with sniping was simply the maps; they forced you to use a longer range gun bcuz the shotguns and sub machine guns we useless at any range longer than 50m. This year it seems Battlefield took a page out of Call Of Duty's book and catered to the crap players in the player base; nerfing stuff that never need to be nerfed in the first place. The player base has got to do a better job at identifying the real problem on our hands instead of saying outright that sniping need to go away. The maps were the problem; not the gun or the people using the gun. And if you want snipers to be up close and personal you are going to have to take another page out of call of duty's book and make the 1 shot kills so snipers can go around quick scoping people.. PICK YOUR POISON PEOPLE cuz if you keep complaining we are just gonna have a bunch of snipers with useless scopes that need to be up close and personal to get a kill and the only way that can happen is to make bolt action snipers one shot kills which is Call Of Duty. Do you wanna run into nothing but quickscopers? or do you wanna have the snipers in the back of the map trying to take heads off at far ranges like they do in real life? Also in real life snipers are a 1 shot kill. the caliber of every sniper packs way more of a punch than an assault rifle caliber. Truthfully every time someone gets hit with a .50 caliber you should see ginormous holes in people's chest where their heart use to be. If you get hit in the arm with a .50 caliber it is most likely to separate from your body and go flying. A 22. caliber(which is the smallest caliber) can kill a person in one shot to the heart, lungs, head, liver, the neck or the spinal cord. Every caliber in battlefield is bigger than that and they are guaranteed to kill you with one shot to any of your major organs which are located all over you body from waist line to the top of your head.

GET REAL BATTLEFIELD.

I WILL NOT BE BUYING BATTLEFIELD V TILL THEY FIX THE GARBAGE THEY PUT IN THE GAME. MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED THIS YEAR. I have waited for a long time for this game and now I could care less about its release. They took away what made battlefield, battlefield: realistic warfare. I'm not saying it needs to be perfectly realistic but this year THEY TOOK A STEP BACKWARDS and are starting to look more like Call of Duty and I HATE Call of Duty. Battlefield 3 is still the best shooting game I have ever played bcuz all the classes were well balanced and the maps were well balanced as well. Operation firestorm is the perfect example of a perfectly balanced map; Snipers had the mountains and close range shoot outs littered the strip of buildings on the map; planes and helicopters had places to go to avoid lock on missiles and to lose people in a dog fight. Battlefield 1 had nothing but gentle hills in an open field with NO BUILDINGS which left everyone defenseless to planes and snipers. Battlefield V is bound to have better maps bcuz you can't get any worse than the maps in BF1.

PLEASE,
    GET REAL BATTLEFIELD
    STICK TO YOUR ROOTS!

Snipers are OP in BFV.

With suppression gone, and the fact that there is no mechanic to reward a player for headshotting a sniper, snipers are fearless bullet sponges at long range.

You complain about snipers doing close to 90 damage in BF1 - why the hell should your rifle do 90 damage when my MMG firing a nearly identical round does less damage in 2 headshots than your rifle does in a single body shot?

You guys come into this game and whine that sniping isnt easy because you see all these pro's sniping and you want to be like them. Guess what, being good at a game, just like sniping in real life, take a lot of practice and in the RL component a BUTTLOAD of training.

Snipers SHOULD be the most difficult class to play effectively.

As it stands snipers are a joke in BFV because they are guaranteed a win at medium range if they can aim. I dont want to see suppression return, but as it stands snipers are the only weapon in the game that is rewarded appropriately for getting a headshot.

Headshots if not lethal should at the VERY least knock the sniper out of ADS, or make it impossible to ads for 1 second.

Its an absolute joke that a sniper can walk out and take 2 MG34 rounds to the face and instantly return a OHK to a machine gunner who cant move and fire at the same time, and isnt even given long range optics for his long range weapon.
  • von_Campenstein
    6621 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Netc0de wrote: »

Snipers are OP in BFV.

With suppression gone, and the fact that there is no mechanic to reward a player for headshotting a sniper, snipers are fearless bullet sponges at long range.

You complain about snipers doing close to 90 damage in BF1 - why the hell should your rifle do 90 damage when my MMG firing a nearly identical round does less damage in 2 headshots than your rifle does in a single body shot?

You guys come into this game and whine that sniping isnt easy because you see all these pro's sniping and you want to be like them. Guess what, being good at a game, just like sniping in real life, take a lot of practice and in the RL component a BUTTLOAD of training.

As it stands snipers are a joke in BFV because they are guaranteed a win at medium range if they can aim. I dont want to see suppression return, but as it stands snipers are the only weapon in the game that is rewarded appropriately for getting a headshot.

Headshots if not lethal should at the VERY least knock the sniper out of ADS, or make it impossible to ads for 1 second.

Its an absolute joke that a sniper can walk out and take 2 MG34 rounds to the face and instantly return a OHK to a machine gunner who cant move and fire at the same time, and isnt even given long range optics for his long range weapon.

A concussion effect on non-lethal headshots would be a great addition.
  • Madein89
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    First of all, everyone that says that snipers should be nerfed because they get killed easily by them needs to play a different game. Learn to move cover to cover better or plan your route to objectives more effectively. There’s nothing I hate more than being bombed constantly from planes in BF1 at random yet the thought of getting rid of them has never crossed my mind. THAT IS PART OF THE GAME.

Even though I don’t always snipe in BF, when I do, I like to have FUN. And It feels as if the fun has been taken out of sniping all together in BF5. The scopes are horrible and hard to see through. What’s the point of a scope if you can’t see your target? Smh...It does feel like they’ve taken a step back in the series. The snipers in BF1 feel more solid and getting a headshot from a distance way more rewarding. And that’s is not my only problem with the game but let me stay on topic.

Every time I get sniped in BF I switch to a sniper rifle on my next spawn and get back at them. End of story. Nothing more rewarding than getting that payback counter snipe. Instead of crying about it. But why take the fun away from someone who prefers sniping and working with a squad to capture a flag while you lay suppressive fire from afar. Variety is the spice of death, that is what drew me to BF in the first place. Thats what BF is about, it’s not supposed to be run and gun like cod. As far as skill goes it takes more skill to pull off a headshot on a moving target from a distance than to just spray your LMG or Sub machine gun everywhere.

So yeah they did ruin it and it looks like i’ll have to wait two more years for a new BF game and pray they get it right!
    Post edited by Madein89 on
  • Kunstula
    473 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Netc0de wrote: »
    bluto898 wrote: »
    *NOTICE* If you aren't going read the whole arguement DO NOT COMMENT on it. This is a constructive discussion about sniping in Battlefield V NO ONE WANTS TO HEAR YOUR IGNORANT OPINION THAT SNIPERS SHOULD NOT EXIST IN BATTLEFIELD.

First, off all I have to say is WTF BATTLEFIELD!!?? Who was the moron in charge of sniping mechanics this year? I've read thru a lot of threads of people crying about the sniping in Battlefield 1. My overall impression thru a handful of games (in Battlefield V) using the sniper class is that they just want to get rid of sniping all together. I don't know how they managed to take a step back in terms of scopes but they are all terrible and you can no longer pick your magnification... So we go from WW1 to WW2 and lose weapon tech? Every war is always a battle of the best technology and going from WW1 to WW2 we should see and increase in the weapon tech we can use but that is NOT the case in battlefield's recreation of WW2. This game is suppose to be "historically accurate" and they clearly messed that up this year in terms of gun attachments.

One of the main problems that I have to stress and I hope the people who make battlefield read this bcuz it is absolutely DESTROYING the game for me and thousands of other people who like to come to battlefield to snipe. The long scope on every gun has a stupid target finder. When you aim, the scope has a thick black outline around whatever cross-hair your scope has. When you are aiming the cross-hairs at someone it reverts to a normal scope but it doesn't work half the time. When it gives you a big outline YOU CAN'T SEE ENOUGH TO PROPERLY AIM THE GUN!!!!!!! You need to have some sort of X-ray vision to see thru the thick black lines blocking out the middle of your scope. I have died a few times just trying to aim at a guy I can not see bcuz there is thick black lines blocking out the person. I am suppose to somehow get a head shot? when I can't even see the guy? much less know where my bullet is going to go. The ZH-1 something(the second sniper you can unlock) has is the worst. The Lee Enfield I can work thru a bit but the second gun has is sooooooo bad it is seriously game breaking. Not to mention that back in WW2 THEY DIDN'T HAVE TARGET FINDING SCOPES!! They just had plain old cross-hairs that would stay the same whether you were aiming at the sky or someones face and that made for easy target acquisition. Now I spend half of my time trying to aim at someone to get the THICK BLACK outline around my cross-hairs to go away. And to make matters worse you are so zoomed into the long scope that you cant even get the full sniper circle in your scope. There are parts that are cut off by the screen and it lessens your field of view. When i first look down my sights I looked for every option I could just to try and zoom out of the scope but I found nothing and I had to deal with my soldier's eyeball being in the actual scope.

And on top of the crap mentioned above the snipers got a HUGE nerf. Every bolt action sniper from Battlefield 1 did close to 90 damage on every hit to the body; snipers in Battlefield V do around 50 damage per hit to the body. That is a staggering 40 point damage differential. The ZH-1 sniper(a semi auto sniper) I mentioned earlier did around 50 damage per hit to the body; pretty much the exact same as the Lee Enfield bolt action sniper BUT when you hit someone in the face with the Lee Enfield they are 100% dead everytime. If you hit someone in the head with the ZH-1 you get an 88 enemy hit.... no matter what you do you have to hit everyone twice with that sniper and it does the same exact amount of damage to the body as the bolt action rifle... MAKES NO SENSE.

Everything is also much harder to see thru a scope now. I find myself second guessing whether there is a guy on a hill or in a bush because I just cant see or tell in this game. People will sit on the side of a mountain and they look as tho they are a rock on a hill. People who die also lie on the ground and move in agony and its hard to tell if they are a live person or not. They need to add a game mechanic where you can just end the wait time for a revive by shooting him when they are on the ground. You could probably award points for "putting the enemy down for the count" that's a way to prevent revives and keep enemies at bay. And the range of snipers has gone down drastically. I used to regularly snipe from 300m-500m out in battlefield 1 and I would be taking heads off with ease at that range but now with the longest scope on the Lee Enfield you get barely any magnification and it makes it impossible to try and shoot someone who is really far away.

With all the main points mentioned above and the many threads I have read thru about people sniping in Battlefield 1 all signs point to Battlefield just straight up trying to get rid of sniping all together. I have read to many threads about cry babies who complain that they don't know how to hit anyone at range. They can't figure out the bullet drop or how to lead someone and kill them on the run. Or the most pathetic argument I have heard "Snipers are so selfish and never play the objective or help the team out". PLEASE STOP CRYING BECAUSE YOU ARE TERRIBLE AT THE GAME. Snipers by definition are suppose to be far away from their target NOT RIGHT IN THERE FACE. ALL snipers in every battlefield are 2 shots or more kills meaning that a sniper no matter the distance either hits the person in the head or dies bcuz you are never gonna get that second shot off unless you have range or are able to take cover to put a new round in the chamber but that takes a huge amount of time and the person you shot could just rush you or throw a grenade. The ignorant view point that snipers need to be right on the front lines is absolutely crap; in real life legendary snipers like Chris Kyle take shots regularly from half a mile out IN AN URBAN ENVIRONMENT where buildings are constantly blocking your line of sight. In WW1 it was all WIDE OPEN fields with trenches and between those trenches were DEAD ZONES where if you were caught in one you were VERY likely to be shot and killed by a sniper, LMG gunner, or Infantry soldier with a rifle. There is a VERY VERY good reason some people only snipe in Battlefield 1 and that is THE MAPS! The maps pushed people into sniping bcuz you could see straight across the entire map with a little bit on elevation. EVERY SINGLE MAP IN BATTLEFIELD 1 WAS LIKE THAT. Especially in operations. Every sniper in the game had its own bullet mechanics; you truly had to KNOW YOUR RIFLE. Constantly switching from sniper to sniper is going to make you miss constantly bcuz of different bullet drop and muzzle velocities. You had to practice with the sniper and get use to it before you could be taking off heads with ease. There were many times in Battlefield 1 where I could not miss at any range; I was taking peoples heads off as they were running; you just get in a groove sometimes and it has to do with how well you know the sniper in your hands. That was a great game mechanic Battlefield included and I applaud them for it but there isn't much of that in Battlefield V because the scope isn't good enough to even be at a range where you could test bullet drop. And the misconception that snipers don't help or play the objective is very very wrong. Snipers fight other snipers which in turn prevents them from shooting at infantry soldiers trying to plant a bomb or capture a flag. I have shot thousands of people on objectives from range and I also have saved teamates lives thousands of times as well. As a sniper I look for enemies who have taken hits from someone on my team bcuz 1 shot to the body kills them. I have teamed up on people to kill them in a split second and the soldier who is in the heat of the battle can move onto a new target faster bcuz one of us got the kill and the other got assit to kill. He had to fire less bullets to kill him and I didn't have to shoot him in the head or hit him twice in the body. Snipers have a huge effect on where people choose to run and people who want to sit behind cover and rip off shots all day. Snipers sole purpose is to keep enemies at bay by taking out other snipers shooting at infantry, guys with only their head sticking out and spraying into a crowd with machine guns and people thinking they are safe sitting behind something planting or capturing an objective. Anytime you slow down or stop as a infantry soldier you best expect your head to get taken off bcuz as a sniper you shoot the easy shot first and work your way on from there. If someone is laying down on the ground with a bipod and there is a guy moving around on top of that guy I am gonna shoot the guy laying down every time bcuz it is a free kill with little effort put in.

The main point is that Battlefield is trying to nerf sniping bcuz of unskilled players that don't know how to snipe or not get sniped in the face themselves. DON'T TAKE A STEP BACKWARDS BATTLEFIELD. Sniping in Battlefield 1 was flawless except for the invisible barriers that are seemingly everywhere. As I have said before don't complain about sniping when all the maps in the game are perfectly made for it. That will 100% change in Battlefield V bcuz we will be fighting in more rural areas instead of an open field. There is going to be so many structures blocking my line of sight and it is going to force me to move around or move closer to the objective. But now we have a laundry list of problems that shouldn't be there that are preventing me from using my sniper rifle properly. The problem last game with sniping was simply the maps; they forced you to use a longer range gun bcuz the shotguns and sub machine guns we useless at any range longer than 50m. This year it seems Battlefield took a page out of Call Of Duty's book and catered to the crap players in the player base; nerfing stuff that never need to be nerfed in the first place. The player base has got to do a better job at identifying the real problem on our hands instead of saying outright that sniping need to go away. The maps were the problem; not the gun or the people using the gun. And if you want snipers to be up close and personal you are going to have to take another page out of call of duty's book and make the 1 shot kills so snipers can go around quick scoping people.. PICK YOUR POISON PEOPLE cuz if you keep complaining we are just gonna have a bunch of snipers with useless scopes that need to be up close and personal to get a kill and the only way that can happen is to make bolt action snipers one shot kills which is Call Of Duty. Do you wanna run into nothing but quickscopers? or do you wanna have the snipers in the back of the map trying to take heads off at far ranges like they do in real life? Also in real life snipers are a 1 shot kill. the caliber of every sniper packs way more of a punch than an assault rifle caliber. Truthfully every time someone gets hit with a .50 caliber you should see ginormous holes in people's chest where their heart use to be. If you get hit in the arm with a .50 caliber it is most likely to separate from your body and go flying. A 22. caliber(which is the smallest caliber) can kill a person in one shot to the heart, lungs, head, liver, the neck or the spinal cord. Every caliber in battlefield is bigger than that and they are guaranteed to kill you with one shot to any of your major organs which are located all over you body from waist line to the top of your head.

GET REAL BATTLEFIELD.

I WILL NOT BE BUYING BATTLEFIELD V TILL THEY FIX THE GARBAGE THEY PUT IN THE GAME. MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED THIS YEAR. I have waited for a long time for this game and now I could care less about its release. They took away what made battlefield, battlefield: realistic warfare. I'm not saying it needs to be perfectly realistic but this year THEY TOOK A STEP BACKWARDS and are starting to look more like Call of Duty and I HATE Call of Duty. Battlefield 3 is still the best shooting game I have ever played bcuz all the classes were well balanced and the maps were well balanced as well. Operation firestorm is the perfect example of a perfectly balanced map; Snipers had the mountains and close range shoot outs littered the strip of buildings on the map; planes and helicopters had places to go to avoid lock on missiles and to lose people in a dog fight. Battlefield 1 had nothing but gentle hills in an open field with NO BUILDINGS which left everyone defenseless to planes and snipers. Battlefield V is bound to have better maps bcuz you can't get any worse than the maps in BF1.

PLEASE,
    GET REAL BATTLEFIELD
    STICK TO YOUR ROOTS!

Snipers are OP in BFV.

In other words, you're asking for some realism, but only when it works to your advantage against snipers. Lol what a joke.
    I don't see you arguing for soldiers walking slower when hit in the legs by a sniper, that says a lot about how biased you are.
    LMG's have high RPM and magazine count, if they did the same damage as sniper rifles then they would be extremely OP.
    That headshot idea is horrible, taking away control from the player during firefights is one of the dumbest things you could possibly do in a fps game.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Please no 1 shot body shots but the damage should be increased. BF4 sniping was great, BF1 not so much.
  • Cyanerd
    20 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The one thing that i have a hard time accepting is how my close range upper torso sniping hits only renders in <60 dmg. Unless i land a headshot every single time, i'm just screwed. As much as one would love to play offensive recon with a bolt action rifle, the game punishes you for doing so.
  • aseveredfoot
    2467 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The sweet spot mechanic was basically a long range shotgun ohk-like mechanic: it's only fun for the person using the mechanic.

It allows for a sub-par player to win engagements purely because of said mechanic.

I can't tell you how many times I played smarter, got the drop on a scout in bf1 only to have them bodyshot me from 100 health while they walk away with 20hp left, simply because of where that player was standing in relation to me.

It allows for the same sloppiness shotgun users are guilty of. Shoot second and still win because ohk.

Add to all that, any time I'd play scout in bf1 I'd end up going like 40-10 no problem, not because I was any good at getting kills, but because constantly doing 80-90 on a body shot then having a team mate finish them got me the assist counts as kill, so I'd look artificially good but realistically got maybe 20-30 kills.

As for bfv sniping, it definitely makes me scratch my head that most often I see 50ish damage for a chest shot. I get that it's probably accounting for attrition system but still, seems a bit off. I can definitely see why people are critical of it.

On the other hand my friend who's been playing on PC the last few days was telling me that good snipers in bfv are nearly uncontestable. He's an outstanding player himself so I take him at his word.

So what is to be done? If it works for one portion of the players and not another, I don't see a big problem. Imo about scout class was only as accessible as it was in bf1 to help maintain some semblance of accuracy by having lots of players in a WW1 shooter using bolt action rifles.