TTK and TTD feel very different, why?

V1k1n6-666
70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
So far I’m enjoying BFV a lot. I understand the concerns about weapon balance and some problems with aircraft in game (the air combat seems almost fine but the AA is too effective against fighters and not effective against bombers) but my concern is about the big split between TTK and TTD.
I feel like sometimes I get oneshotted by non headshot kills but it takes a fair amount of time to kill someone. I am ok with the TTK (time to kill) but I’d like the TTD to be similar. I think this is the only thing keeping people from lasting more than one firefight.
Going 1v2 is almost impossible and even though you kill the first one and put some shots into the second one there is almost zero chance of survival. Some other times I feel like people with a G43 just put 3 shots in me in a split second while under fire (it happens also with snipers hitting you and then INSTANTLY switching to handgun and downing you with one shot).
I have played both the alpha (1 and 2) and the beta and this feels more like the alpha state of the game. In the beta the firefights lasted longer and TTK and TTD were similar. You had time to take cover while being fired upon and if you placed you’re shots right you could win a 1v2 situation.
I wonder if this is done on purpose or there’s something wrong with the tick rate of the servers or the packets getting to you all together making it feel like you’ve been oneshotted.
Sometimes it happens even when I win the fight that I shoot first, the enemy puts one shot in me but I look at my life and I’m lower than 50% health.

I am confident that if we make ourselves heard the devs will fix this annoying issue. Did it happen to you as well?

P.S.
The “git gud” type of comments will be considered made by ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and won’t get any answer.

Comments

• Masqerader
    641 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    AA against fighters is fine, maybe try barrel rolling vs AA

TTK is fine imo, everyone assume its just the guy that ends up killing you is the only person shooting at you, in most cases its not.
  • V1k1n6-666
    AA against fighters reaches you outside map boundaries and does really little damage to bombers.

TTK is fine, it’s TTD that is too short. I’m not so stupid to assume that but in maps like Devastation in a corner of the map I still feel like TTD is shorter than TTK at times.
  • BaronVonGoon
    7055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    They're working on netcode optimization for full release. Right now packets are carrying too much damage so you get those ugly 1 frame deaths.
  • V1k1n6-666
    They're working on netcode optimization for full release. Right now packets are carrying too much damage so you get those ugly 1 frame deaths.

That’s AWESOME news! Any source of it?