Discussion & Feedback - Battlefield V Early Access Launch

Comments

• aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Guns
    I'm sticking with the same few funs for now, the Medic guns aren't great except in close quarters. They need something more long range. They're useless on open maps. Also looking at the states, why would I ever use one besides the Sten?
    Hmmm... Why whould you dueling someone on long range? Go revive buddies around you, mate! =) CQC what you need. Clear and revive.
    Scout for a long range fight, no?
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have made a video explaining how I feel about the medic, specifically the weapons. Please watch and consider my suggestion.

OK. We have a medic with no teammates around, who's running opposite side of squad after spawn and randoming from SMG.
    Consider my suggestion. =)
  • Fishstickles_1st
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have made a video explaining how I feel about the medic, specifically the weapons. Please watch and consider my suggestion.

OK. We have a medic with no teammates around, who's running opposite side of squad after spawn and randoming from SMG.
    Consider my suggestion. =)

Like I said in the video, it's just some crap gameplay for something to look at while I speak. Regardless of team mates around, the majority of players do not push points, they sit around trying to sniper for kills. What should a medic do if there is noone to pick up? Just sit there and wait for ANY other class to come and help them?
    Guns
    I'm sticking with the same few funs for now, the Medic guns aren't great except in close quarters. They need something more long range. They're useless on open maps. Also looking at the states, why would I ever use one besides the Sten?
    Hmmm... Why whould you dueling someone on long range? Go revive buddies around you, mate! =) CQC what you need. Clear and revive.
    Scout for a long range fight, no?

How about any other class for a long range fight? And he's using "long range" in the context of ANYTHING at range. It's the same issue I am having. Medic is the only class that cannot reliably engage at medium range or above. Remember, this is BF not COD. I could go down your same way of thinking with the support class. Everyone always needs ammo, maybe they should lay off the combat as well hey!?
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    edited November 2018
    Like I said in the video, it's just some crap gameplay for something to look at while I speak. Regardless of team mates around, the majority of players do not push points, they sit around trying to sniper for kills. What should a medic do if there is noone to pick up? Just sit there and wait for ANY other class to come and help them?
    How about any other class for a long range fight? And he's using "long range" in the context of ANYTHING at range. It's the same issue I am having. Medic is the only class that cannot reliably engage at medium range or above. Remember, this is BF not COD. I could go down your same way of thinking with the support class. Everyone always needs ammo, maybe they should lay off the combat as well hey!?

Well... Bad team. Quit and re-join.
    What's wrong with the other classes? Or you are meaning that everyone except medic can do Long-Medium Range fight?
    I dont like the idea of 3x scopes for everything and callimators, but hey! they need to sell millions of copy =)

Those lovely XBOX360 Bad Company 2 moments. With all those short-medium range fights. Only reson to play FPS on consoles. And cheaters offcource =)
  • Fishstickles_1st
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

What's wrong with the other classes? Or you are meaning that everyone except medic can do Long-Medium Range fight?
    I dont like the idea of 3x scopes for everything and callimators, but hey! they need to sell millions of copy =)

Those lovely XBOX360 Bad Company 2 moments. With all those short-medium range fights. Only reson to play FPS on consoles. And cheaters offcource =)

There's nothing wrong with the other classes at all. I just finished streaming as assault and cleaned up every round. This is my point. Yes, everyone except medic can do medium-long range fighting. I'm not asking for scopes, I'm asking for rifles.
  • Cpt_McRon
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There's nothing wrong with the other classes at all. I just finished streaming as assault and cleaned up every round. This is my point. Yes, everyone except medic can do medium-long range fighting. I'm not asking for scopes, I'm asking for rifles.

One dev in charge of weapons stated in an interview that they already thought for a decent proposition to answer this probleme but they want to have more data and feedbacks from the launch. I think they will add something like M1 Garand, SVT40, Gewehr 43 kind of semi automatic weapons.
  • Hawxxeye
    7816 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    recon Flares suck and vehicles with spotting scopes and machinegunner supports stole their spotting job
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    No problem with rifles if they will not have scopes and default 2x zoom =) Or medics again will be somewhere behind shooting and ignore reviving. If they suck in CQC, then buff this.
  • masa3020
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    An Chinese hacker of BFV, please take a measure.
    Let me do fun bfv, please, because everything is done.
  • Private_Tom_7
    37 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can not see the enemy. Please implement 3D spot. It has become a game only to camp.
  • erurenda
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Because enemies are very hard to see, please give me a 3D spot like BF so far. At the very least we ask you to be able to spot even tanks.
  • aka_mapuBAHHA
    edited November 2018
    I can not see the enemy. Please implement 3D spot. It has become a game only to camp.
    Yeah! Make them purple and 2x taller. Oh and red arrow above their head... and their FOV on minimap...
    No way =)
  • Kobrashade
    11 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So It has become increasingly frustrating how Planes are just spawn bombing at the start of the match and then going the likes of 60- 4 by putting circles on a base (lets be honest). runs every 30 seconds or so. This is even worse when you'd like to take them out in a fighter but can't because someone is already flying (not sure what they're doing) so you can try to sit on AA and hope he comes near. (good pilots won't until they zero in on you and just take you out)

Why would I want to run around and do a multitude of things when I could just sit at deploy screen and spam click on the first bomber that is available. I've done it, I got my 40+ bombing round with less than 4 or 5 deaths but I don't like that feeling. It diminishes the ground game which should be the focus imo.

Pistols Stronger than SMG close range: I get pistols need to be viable in some sense but I think they are too strong compared to smgs. Pistol shouldn't be a primary option of combat. It should be your go to when you are out of ammo or caught in a fight / reload scenario. I pump 4 - 5 hits with an smg before the player even reacts and still get downed by 2-3 shots of a pistol. Either buff smgs or pull back on pistol damage.
  • Ashu_Mahalwal
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    there are already so many cheaters in this game using wall hack aimbot no recoil one shot headshot with any gun please guys i request you to report this guy and get him banned immidiatly.
    Post edited by Ashu_Mahalwal on
  • N0madS0uL
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Whats with the map change stalling? Often when a round is over the game goes to the next map but just hangs there loading...I have had to alt f4 many times and have to launch again and then cant get slots open. Also dailies are often broken, I have had several dailies that can't be completed e.g. kill 2 enemies while prone...doesnt work, the other day I had to do a breakthrough map for the daily but none were available... but the loading from map to map issue is a major thing and happens to many people
  • FiretickDB
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I made a long post about why I think Grand Operations isn't as great as BF1 Operations. I won't copy and paste it, but the thread is here:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/162017/grand-operations-doesnt-feel-grander-than-bf1-operations-long-post
  • K3_600
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    10 hour trial over and it looks great so far. I'll reserve judgement til the DE launch patch tomorrow but I am hoping that it contains an expansion of the medic access to weapons. I tend to run as medic all the time and you don't realise how limiting the weapon choice is until you change to another class and let rip.

Personally I am loving the infantry based modes more than the open warfare but it's a close call and both have so much promise.

The comms hub definitely needs sorting though. Way too clunky and prone to either failing to communicate or miscommunicating.

I can't wait for Thursday!
  • THEdarebearius
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    pretty nice game bro
  • Animalosity
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All in all, I think the game is great as is. I think it is leaps and bounds better than BF1 and I'm a fan of it. BFV certainly feels like its going back to that original Battlefield "feel." At least similar to what 3 and 4 were/are. Being that everything is WW2 themed, are we going to get other theaters as future updates/maps/dlc? I.E. Are we going to get Russia, US and Japan? I would really love to see a Wake Island reboot, and I'm guessing that may already be in the works if I was a betting man.

My only real "complaint" about the game is the Sturmgwehr (Spelling?). For an assault rifle, and the first rifle you get as an Assault class, it feels very much overpowered. I've lost every gun fight going head to head with that gun using other weapons/classes unless I'm using the same weapon. Not sure if it's a netcode issue, ping issue, or just me being straight up bad, but I feel like out of all the guns in the game it may need a bit of looking at. I hate screaming nerf, and I don't want it to be nerfed into being useless, but perhaps add some recoil to it or change its accuracy so that it isn't perfect grouping no matter what range you fire it at. Using the gun myself I can tell that it's not only extremely accurate, it doesn't take much "skill" to use it. I get that it is a starting weapon and should be competitive with later unlocks, but man....Seems it and the STG-44 are the only viable weapons in the game right now. Thoughts?

Anyways, loving the game. Level 21 right now and slowly working my way through the ranks. Can't wait for more content, but loving every second of it now. Good job DICE, this is the game none of us knew we wanted. (Or perhaps everyone wanted...)
  • hops911
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Can't hear enemy footsteps. I've tried multiple settings, no improvement. On Xbox One.