Snipers look like they have flashlights taped on top of their rifles both day and night

Andromonoid
14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited November 2018
For someone that likes to snipe, the beta was great fun as there was no BF1 sniper glare and I could finaly feel like a sneaky sniper sneaking around popping the enemy from the flanks or from behind. But now it is back - and stronger then ever? People can see you miles away and you get instantly killed as soon as you aim down the scope. I was playing the Norwegian map at night and everyone equipped with snipers looked like they had flashlights taped on top of their rifles.

Not only is it immersive breaking, and I know about the sun reflecting on the scope, but this doesn't make sense as I swear I seen people with the sun or moon in their back have the glare. And then with the new customization cosmetics coming, with ghillie suits etc I think, stealth as a sniper with camo and all this will be totally obsolete since everyone will see you anyways - which is a big detriment to the game I feel.

I really hope DICE could fix this so that it could only be seen when the sun is reflecting of the scope, and also preferably when in shadows it doesn't reflect either - since shadows means no sun to reflect.

Other then this I am really enjoying all the other classes and the game in whole, the maps are beautiful and I hope we will get more night versions of the maps.

Just my two tiny cents on this matter.

Comments

• InnerD
    879 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    yeah for some reason sniper glint turned into a giant torch. Guess people complaining about snipers being unable to be seen were met with this. I thought the glint from the beta was fine, it was the ones using medium range scopes that were hard to see- as they should be anyway.
  • V99999
    181 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    For someone that likes to snipe, the beta was great fun as there was no BF1 sniper glare and I could finaly feel like a sneaky sniper sneaking around popping the enemy from the flanks or from behind. But now it is back - and stronger then ever? People can see you miles away and you get instantly killed as soon as you aim down the scope. I was playing the Norwegian map at night and everyone equipped with snipers looked like they had flashlights taped on top of their rifles.

Not only is it immersive breaking, and I know about the sun reflecting on the scope, but this doesn't make sense as I swear I seen people with the sun or moon in their back have the glare. And then with the new customization cosmetics coming, with ghillie suits etc I think, stealth as a sniper with camo and all this will be totally obsolete since everyone will see you anyways - which is a big detriment to the game I feel.

I really hope DICE could fix this so that it could only be seen when the sun is reflecting of the scope, and also preferably when in shadows it doesn't reflect either - since shadows means no sun to reflect.

Other then this I am really enjoying all the other classes and the game in whole, the maps are beautiful and I hope we will get more night versions of the maps.

Just my two tiny cents on this matter.

They got rid of 3d spotting so it's a fair trade in my book. BTW top 300 recon in Bf4 and top 2% spm in Bf1 just so you guys don't think I'm hating.
  • MogwaiWarrior
    967 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, bring back spotting and they can remove glint altogether. Most snipers are hill humping anyway which makes them harder to see.
  • dj4047
    459 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think sniper glint is actually an advantage in BF5. Yea people can see where you are but it's so bright its like looking at the sun.
  • phr91
    124 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yep, bring back spotting and they can remove glint altogether. Most snipers are hill humping anyway which makes them harder to see.

get out dude. spotting beeing removed = best thing ever.
  • DigitalContagion
    124 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean, to the experienced Sniper, you already know where to look for the enemy Snipers on maps you are fully knowledgeable with. Jagged cliffs, watch towers, water towers, thick foliage on a hill, a bell tower, 3 story houses just to name a few places you know where to look. Yes, I agree, the scope glint in BFV is a bit bright. A nice incandescent HID light bulb shining bright on top of a scope, easy kill imo. A BF4 or BF1 scope glint would be perfect.

I've also noticed the scope glint DOES in fact dim as the Sniper moves from side to side. Call me crazy, but I'm 100% positive when you are looking at another Sniper from a distance around 60-300m, the glint does dim slightly as the Sniper moves in direction. When the Sniper is stationary and is pointing directly at you, it is bright!!

On the other side of the coin, the game hasn't been fully released yet and I can see if DICE waits on adjusting this for the new players on launch day world wide. If I was "new" to BFV (been playing BFV Recon since Friday, Geweher M95/30 FTW btw), I would like to get accustomed to the glint so I get can get my bearings while getting to know the lay of the land etc. This way, when I know there's going to be a update to include reduced scope glint from the standing, crouched and prone position, I'd expect to look slightly harder for a glint in my general direction.

Anyway, if this gets resolved, cool, if not, it's not going to kill me, rather me killing you..lol. Enjoy the hunt everyone!
  • Rice_NL
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Snipers need a buff indeed. Getting rid of some of the lens glare would be a nice one indeed. Some of the assault weapons are very powerful on long range, which is fine with me, but would be nice if the scout class got a little buff so they can sneak around more.
  • Andromonoid
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I agree with some of you. I think the BETA sniper glint was PERFECT. Please change it back to that, DICE! :O
  • xSwisherSweetsx
    110 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    game sucks who cares.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is extremely bright now.

DICE really has tried to make the class as bad as they possibly can in this game.
  • Dral13
    350 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should tone down the glare a little bit but I’ve seen plenty of recon with great scores and usually some of the best k/d ratios.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dral13 wrote: »
    They should tone down the glare a little bit but I’ve seen plenty of recon with great scores and usually some of the best k/d ratios.

Can I score well as recon? Sure. Can I score twice as well much easier with the other classes? Absolutely.
  • Sixclicks
    Changes that benefit Recon:
    - no accuracy suppression
    - larger head hitbox
    - the reintroduction of the spawn beacon
    - SLRs

2/4 benefit other classes too.

Changes that harm Recon:
    - significantly lower body shot damage
    - more bullet drop
    - slower bullet velocity
    - mini-sun in scope (scope glint)
    - insanely fast ADAD spam which makes headshots a lot harder on moving targets
    - automatic weapons are a lot more accurate and have much more range as a result
    - automatic weapons have a faster effective TTK
    - flares are garbage now
    - bandages make body shots a 3 hit kill with slow firing bolt actions

That's why I say it's like they're trying to kill the class. Only 2 direct benefits, the spawn beacon and SLRs, and 2 indirect benefits that help all classes. With a bunch of direct/indirect nerfs that make the class a lot less effective and significantly harder to play.