This Week in Battlefield V

Battlefield V Daily Orders and Special Assignments

Comments

• Kongo030
    655 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah the LMG assignment could have been damage airplanes with LMG for XXXX points. That way people shoot at planes which was a good thing about the assignment but before the TTK 2.0 it war hard to finish off planes.
  • nrgizer36
    170 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 If I remember right sometimes no one would be PTFO because of some of these little missions .
  • Hawxxeye
    5574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited October 2018
    You should really cut down any assignments that encourage an atypical gameplay that does not benefit the team. I things like the 2 tank kills with the HE crossbow grenade in BF1.
    You do not want people to spend the round trying not to die to get X kills in one life/one round or to get a killing blow on a vehicle with a weak tool/gadget.
    What the assignments should focus is on takes like resupplying others with medic and ammo pouches, Reviving, spotting enemies and damaging (damaging not destroying) vehicles over multiple rounds so one can chose the pace they want to do them.
    Giving people assignments like the above I suggested will make people help a lot more than an attrition gimmick.
    Please do not make people do things that distract them due to needing demanding tasks that depend on luck more than anything.
  • MacaqueX
    674 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Just make them reasonable. Battlefield 1 had Destroy a Air plane with a LMG. Assignments like that force you to spend time not playing the objective and doing something silly.

Have Assignments that promote great game play.

Example: Kill 20 enemies while defending a Flag in Conquest.

Example: Build 15 Fortifications during a Match.

Example: Revive 15 players in a game or Revive your squadmates 15 times a round.

Basically anything that is fun but promotes great game play and objective play and also maybe teaching new players to Battlefield how to play the game in the process.

And please allow Multiple Assignments and Medals to be tracked at the same time.

These one are great, except maybe fortifications, but 10 tank stoppers in a match would be great there imo.
    Players who dont like building fortifications will just built 15 fortifications on empty flag near each other without any order to finish it as soon as possible.
    And yes, it would be great if we could do many different assignments simultaneously so ppl who dont care about them but play objectives and help team can still unlock them and be surprised when it happens.
    I like that and it was so rewarding in some previous bf titles.
  • Hawxxeye
    5574 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just make them reasonable. Battlefield 1 had Destroy a Air plane with a LMG. Assignments like that force you to spend time not playing the objective and doing something silly.

Have Assignments that promote great game play.

Example: Kill 20 enemies while defending a Flag in Conquest.

Example: Build 15 Fortifications during a Match.

Example: Revive 15 players in a game or Revive your squadmates 15 times a round.

Basically anything that is fun but promotes great game play and objective play and also maybe teaching new players to Battlefield how to play the game in the process.

And please allow Multiple Assignments and Medals to be tracked at the same time.

These one are great, except maybe fortifications, but 10 tank stoppers in a match would be great there imo.
    Players who dont like building fortifications will just built 15 fortifications on empty flag near each other without any order to finish it as soon as possible.
    And yes, it would be great if we could do many different assignments simultaneously so ppl who dont care about them but play objectives and help team can still unlock them and be surprised when it happens.
    I like that and it was so rewarding in some previous bf titles.

Yes ideally we should be able to progress all of them at the same time
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    nrgizer36 wrote: »
    BF1 If I remember right sometimes no one would be PTFO because of some of these little missions .
    Correct. imo they are interfering with the gameplay and make people play in a different way than they otherwise would.
    BF is suppose to be a teamplay game, but the assignments, unlocks and upgrade system makes people play selfish because they personally have to achieve something.
    With the new attrition system it's important to have good squards with different classes, but most won't care because they are busy with personal goals.
    I do acknowledges that for single / solo players it gives entertainment, but for clans who want teamplay and PTFO it's annoying when a large number of the players are doing something else.
  • afkmacro
    43 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I see no mentions of ribbons, in fact they didn't show anywhere except during a match which is fine but I'm just curious because that's kinda different than the previous battlefields.

Also would like to reiterate what people have said previously is that timed assignments suck. I understand exclusive events but all proficiency and mastery and gameplay assignments should come without timers.
  • ragnarok013
    3225 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited October 2018
    nrgizer36 wrote: »

That's been a problem since BF3 when DICE would make assignments that detracted from the core game play such as get 10 vehicle kills with the EOD bot. Assignments should enhance the core game play and PTFOing and never detract\distract from it.
  • m1k3ol
    823 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Moderator
    It's tricky: people have fun with a game in different ways. Some players love chasing the challenge and the quest, others love chasing an increase in skill. I'm doing my best to keep the tasks interesting, fair, and focused more on playing the objective than on creating an impossible challenge.

But... some of the best moments in Battlefield are when crazy **** happens! And I think it might be cool when or if a "Only in Battlefield" moment sparks some inspiration where I can then challenge the community to try and do the same... of course Assignments are totally optional. Do it, discard it, ignore it, whatever.

For that sense of accomplishment we have assignment chains for each weapon and class (Proficiency and Mastery assignments) . Completing these assignments will be the only way to earn certain weapon and soldier customization. Some of these assignments are going to get tough and they will require skill. So, if you want those exclusive rewards; they have to be earned.

Counter argument...

Battlefield Moments are most of the time case of lucky strikes, by mimicking them the skill ceiling is not only increased, but toppled, sometimes they are the case of just fun time shenanigans with friends too...

That's why stuff like getting a "plane kill with a trip bomb" is heavily detracting from the core of the game, PTFO and teamplay...

I can understand a dogtag being behind that, no harm done, but guns or unlocks?, so far it's not ending well, and it's 4 titles seeing that with the same result all the time, boosting and being detrimental to core play...
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I'm seriously confused. My daily assignment for today requires that I damage enemies for 300 points with an assault rifle. I've been doing this all day and nothing. What am I missing here? Very frustrated.
  • SirBobdk
    4070 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm seriously confused. My daily assignment for today requires that I damage enemies for 300 points with an assault rifle. I've been doing this all day and nothing. What am I missing here? Very frustrated.
    I have some that don't work from time to time. Bug I guess.
  • mumblywumbles
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    One of my complaints are the assignments that are faction specific, it just seems too tedious considering you cannot chose your team and then having to remember to complete the assignment if you happen to find yourself on that map on that team.
  • Kummitukka
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The daily orders are not registering. Missed one yesterday, today none of the three are working.
  • CaptainNoobcakes
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    i recently completed honouring the past assignment and did not receive the points after leaving a game early.
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    336 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I have some that don't work from time to time. Bug I guess.

Yeah, it's a bug. It drives me crazy though because it's a "daily assignment" that I feel I've very much wasted my time grinding for, only to get nothing. What a dry hump!!!!

There should be a way to get credit for what I've done. Especially when it's something ridiculous like chasing people down with a shovel to get 3 kills. I get it, it's hard to come up with different kinds of assignments. But, over the years I've found that many of battlefields assignment actually detract from gameplay. Which is frustrating for teammates. For example: I'm thinking my team has the door behind me covered. Only for the enemy to march through the door and shoot me in the back. I'm thinking WTF! Then in the killcam you see your teammate running behind him with a shovel trying to complete some assignment to get a skin!!! LOL REALLY!?!

I think BFV has a good incentive to grind out assignments. There is definately some gear I would love to play with and it looks better in this game than any game I've played. It's just that the tasks in many cases are a bit outside of anything useful. And worse, you fail to give your team 100% to complete the assignment and then you get nothing because of a bug!?! Come'n DICE :/
  • Quilex
    47 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I love having some tasks to work toward, although I am having a problem with the daily rewards in BFV I can only do one a day then it locks and the remaining two do not track so I can only get 100 CC per day. I don'y know anyone else with this problem and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no effect. Any one else getting this.
  • SirBobdk
    @BATTL3FI3LDBULLY wrote
    There is definately some gear I would love to play with
    You don't say. I have so many unlocked stuff in the progression tree I can't use due to the lack of coins.
    This system is garbage and ridiculous. There should not be a built-in limit on what you can achieve. It's terribly frustrating.
    Fine that EA want us to buy coins for real money, but do it for skins and not weapons/vehicles.
  • TheNorthFIN
    765 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Daily Assignments

Pretty easy, almost TOO easy. But there's a problem of the wording and them tracking. Some of them just didn't go forward even when it ONLY said "damage enemies for 200 pt." with an explosive icon attached. Was it to damage enemies with assault class? With explosives? I did that too and didn't move at all. But no more "do 200 damage with LMG" because it is just too easy. Or if it is that easy, make sure ALL of the dailies are worded so you KNOW what to do with what gun in what mode etc.

Special Assignments

This is connected in part with the Daily Assignments. They are fun to do, noticeably more difficult yet (mostly) not impossible. Which again makes me want to emphasise how important it is to know what the assignment entails, what to do with what when etc.

I haven't gotten to the crazy hard assignments yet. These are mostly the gun mastery assignments really, though some Special Assignments share this problem: They are highly situational. To kill x number of enemies while doing y inside objective. This could be, 20 headshots in objective WHEN attacking. That sounds like a crappy time to try finish it and doesn't improve objective gameplay IMHO. The idea is good but it just seems too specific. And again, should myself or the enemy or both be within the capture area? More, clear definitions please.

All in all I've liked the game much more than I ever thought. Just the few bugs still need squashing. And CTE, I want in there. :D
  • BATTL3FI3LDBULLY
    Update: Daily assignment broken again today. Requests target practice with smg for 300 damage I’ve sprayed countlees enemies with the medic and the needle hasn’t moved.
  • rhodesianKomand0
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    How do you unlock the mastery assignments?