Lack of content

avengerpat
38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I dont care what theyre adding in tides of war or whatever. 5 maps and 10 gadgets at launch is a slap in the face to everyone thats pre ordered this game. Over 200+ different types of guns were used in ww2, and almost 20 countries directly involved, yet we only have 30 guns and 2 countries. These tides of war updates better be PACKED with content or i dont see myself playing this game past christmas

Comments

• V1k1n6-666
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited November 2018
    OP is ranting for the sake of ranting. Typical casual gamer that plays a game for 1 month and moves on. And gives some other company more money.
  • avengerpat
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    V1k1n6-666 wrote: »
    OP is ranting for the sake of ranting. Typical casual gamer that plays a game for 1 month and moves on. And gives some other company more money.

Youre an idiot, check my profile i put almost 300 hours into BF1, and played the crap out of BF3, 4 and hardline on ps3/4. If you dont see a problem with only 2 factions, 5 maps, and 10 gadgets in a 60 dollar game at launch youre just an EA drone. Im a BF fanboy by all measures but when they mess up i call them out
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think there are 8 maps.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11592 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you are going to cry, at least have your facts straight.
  • 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    avengerpat wrote: »
    I dont care what theyre adding in tides of war or whatever. 5 maps and 10 gadgets at launch is a slap in the face to everyone thats pre ordered this game. Over 200+ different types of guns were used in ww2, and almost 20 countries directly involved, yet we only have 30 guns and 2 countries. These tides of war updates better be PACKED with content or i dont see myself playing this game past christmas

Yikes should I cancel pre order
  • 24OmniTactics24
    147 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018

Youre an idiot, check my profile i put almost 300 hours into BF1, and played the crap out of BF3, 4 and hardline on ps3/4. If you dont see a problem with only 2 factions, 5 maps, and 10 gadgets in a 60 dollar game at launch youre just an EA drone. Im a BF fanboy by all measures but when they mess up i call them out

Preach brotha give it to the pesky Russian EA bots good
  • Wraith1901
    42 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I would, the gameplay was better in battlefield 4, go get yourself a copy of that and leave this on the shelf
  • DaMutha1
    1466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Youre an idiot

Oh the irony.

check my profile i put almost 300 hours into BF1

Almost 300? Wow!

• CHAMMOND1992
    1401 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Do you have any idea how long it takes to create a game of battlefields magnitude?.

I'm guessing longer than 2 years, one month after the previous release. If you think BFV is, "finished", I have a bridge to sell you.
  • Chubzdoomer
    1397 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    l_water_l wrote: »
    I think there are 8 maps.

There are indeed 8, which is a fine number IMO. It isn't a huge amount, but it's also far from a tiny selection.
  • HawkeyeAM47
    1370 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Legionaire?
  • skates15
    456 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    complain about lack of maps, then when there are a ton of em like BF4, people will complain that only a few maps are populated.

I'm sure DICE could release many more maps and probably should add a few more, but if they created a couple dozen on release, the majority would probably be repetitious and would be unused.
  • ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Wraith1901 wrote: »

I would, the gameplay was better in battlefield 4, go get yourself a copy of that and leave this on the shelf

“Easier” is probably the word you’re looking for, not “better”.

• ISyndromeI
    149 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Oh how I love people complaining about the amount of maps.

Then when a map pack is released they play them for two days before going back to the base maps.

I prefer they put magic into a “few” maps (8 is not few) rather than creating a whole bunch of generic maps no one likes.

The maps in BFV are all great. They all makes sense. They all make for a perfect game. I prefer that.
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1908 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Here are the 10 rules of Battlefield:

Rule no. 1: Whatever Dice does it will always be wrong
    Rule no. 2: Complaining on the forums should be done minimum once a month
    Rule no. 3: Snipers are the lowest possible lifeform
    Rule no. 4: There will ALWAYS be one gun that is considered OP (deal with it!)
    Rule no. 5: Join a platoon & play the game as it is intended to (mic´ed up with friends PTO´ing)
    Rule no. 7: Operation Locker is the best map ever
    Rule no. 8: There is no rule 6
    Rule no. 9: I made you look for rule 6 and now you´re smiling
    Rule no. 10: Carry on and enjoy the game... After all... It´s just a game... Right!? :smiley:
  • Neil_Enbob
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ISyndromeI wrote: »
    Oh how I love people complaining about the amount of maps.

Then when a map pack is released they play them for two days before going back to the base maps.

I prefer they put magic into a “few” maps (8 is not few) rather than creating a whole bunch of generic maps no one likes.

The maps in BFV are all great. They all makes sense. They all make for a perfect game. I prefer that.

The reason people went back to the base maps was due to the community being split. It will be different in BFV, thankfully Dice isn't splitting the community when new maps drop. BFV is barebones at launch, know it's due to the short dev cycle. I don't mind the wait, all future meaningful DLC is free and big Kudo's to EA for finally doing something right.