Here we go again.

Comments

• SirBobdk
    4018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Don't think the ju88 is going to be a problem. I would guess even Dice can see that the number of bombs has to change, so it perform like the Belheim.
  • Trokey66
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »
    Vehicles are so weak and bad in BF V and they already want a nerf because they are to lazy to take them out and keep on standing still, close to each other and in the open ... a delay in spawning for planes is more than enough to prevent the first run.

The need to go back to the same predictable place over and over again is worse enough ...

If you don't like vehicles and taking them out: go play a game without vehicles ..

But what if that game has crazy, insanely inaccurate customisation?
  • olavafar
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Balancing is of course hard and will come or not as time passes. It is always hard to make vehicles usable for the beginners while stopping the more experienced pilots/drivers from doing 'too well'.

In the case: "15 kill on one pass is my compain." I actually think it is fine if a bomber punishes these guys. I probably (as their team member) have written several times in chat 'Pls do not all be on the C flag' when this happens ;). But generally I agree though, 'carpet bombing' is not something I'm fan of either.
  • NLBartmaN
    3219 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

While I'm an infantry main, I (mostly) enjoy the added challenge of dealing with regular tanks and planes I don't have to go out of my way to deter. What I have an issue with is vehicles that are solely set up for farming, such as mortar artillery truck in BF1 Operations and carpet bombing aircraft with crutch game mechanics (overly effective spotting, aiming aids, abusable tanky features such as too effective repair monkeys etc). Normal vehicle use contributes positively to the all out warfare, but the inevitable abuse detracts from it. If the counter requires me to effectively stop playing "my game", I will rather quit. I feel it is the responsibility of the developer to do away with blatant abuse.

I know I'm being somewhat selfish, but I will gravitate towards easy solutions to issues I perceive unfair instead of a legit challenge designed to increase enjoyment.

Do you only feel like this with vehicles or also with infantry weapons/gadgets and nasty tactics?

I can think of a few that meet the same criteria ...

Everything can be abused in the right hands, within the right scenario and without anyone countering it and letting it happen ...

I am a big fan of vehicles that can hit a temporary opening in the camping enemy defenses at the right moment so infantry can move up a bit and try to capture an objective, as long as the vehicle can be countered.
  • olavafar
    1942 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    One thing I wonder about the BFV bombers is how they will be in terms of the 'missing' spotting. This feature makes it very hard to balance them as if you do not see any enemies on ground, carpet bombing will be more or less the only alternative. If you CAN spot enemies you can live with a very small blast radius making a bomb hit a skill thing but if there is no good way of seeing the ground soldiers, blind bombing with very low blast radius will almost never render any kill and when it does it is just a random thing which is kind of boring at both ends. Personally I mostly fly for the vehicle vs vehicle play like in BF1 where around 25% of all kills I got in planes were of other vehicle players (I go by the vehicle destroyed numbers which mostly renders one or a few kills.) In BF4 it was almost exclusively other vehicle players as I did not fly choppers (main infantry farming tool there).
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If you don't like vehicles and taking them out: go play a game without vehicles ..
    Hmm, kind of like if you don’t like customization: go play a game without customization...
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2027 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

While I'm an infantry main, I (mostly) enjoy the added challenge of dealing with regular tanks and planes I don't have to go out of my way to deter. What I have an issue with is vehicles that are solely set up for farming, such as mortar artillery truck in BF1 Operations and carpet bombing aircraft with crutch game mechanics (overly effective spotting, aiming aids, abusable tanky features such as too effective repair monkeys etc). Normal vehicle use contributes positively to the all out warfare, but the inevitable abuse detracts from it. If the counter requires me to effectively stop playing "my game", I will rather quit. I feel it is the responsibility of the developer to do away with blatant abuse.

I know I'm being somewhat selfish, but I will gravitate towards easy solutions to issues I perceive unfair instead of a legit challenge designed to increase enjoyment.

Do you only feel like this with vehicles or also with infantry weapons/gadgets and nasty tactics?
    I can think of a few that meet the same criteria ...

Well I don't like spammable mortars in certain game modes, Rush artillery, the no-wind-up-bayonet, prone LMGs and feel the SMG08 should be nerfed, but I simply don't consider those meeting the criteria I laid out. Aside from the SMG08, none of them really allow for unfair and unrestricted farming, and be either countered via regular play or avoided. They are just cheesy.
    Everything can be abused in the right hands, within the right scenario and without anyone countering it and letting it happen ...

If you seriously think infantry has anything comparable for facilitating skill-less farming, we have nothing to discuss. I know plenty well your predispositions, no need for another back-and-forth.
  • l_water_l
    1545 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    As someone who has maxed out almost all the planes here are the best unlocks.
    German fighters: Explosive mg ammo is amazing at both sniping infantry and melting bombers. The rockets the German fighters get are also amazing. They can one hit kill alot of the planes and have a really big splash damage on the ground. They are also useful in sniping aa guns because they are very accurate.
    The mosquito's starting bombs can one hit kill even the German call in tank if you dive on it and hit it with all four bombs.
    Radar package is a must for Brit fighters because it gives you an edge on the more maneuverable German fighters.
  • SkilletBurn
    385 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »
    One thing I wonder about the BFV bombers is how they will be in terms of the 'missing' spotting. This feature makes it very hard to balance them as if you do not see any enemies on ground, carpet bombing will be more or less the only alternative. If you CAN spot enemies you can live with a very small blast radius making a bomb hit a skill thing but if there is no good way of seeing the ground soldiers, blind bombing with very low blast radius will almost never render any kill and when it does it is just a random thing which is kind of boring at both ends. Personally I mostly fly for the vehicle vs vehicle play like in BF1 where around 25% of all kills I got in planes were of other vehicle players (I go by the vehicle destroyed numbers which mostly renders one or a few kills.) In BF4 it was almost exclusively other vehicle players as I did not fly choppers (main infantry farming tool there).

Missing "spotting" is countered with a cheap wall hack. You can spot and bomb the crap out of infantry with a cheap ESP hack all day long without any consequence.
  • vcm0x
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    guys do the math -- planes were OP in BF1 and now BF5 because it's supposed to be OP!

if they didn't want it to be OP they'd have nerfed it in 2016.

complaining about it is useless. they know and it's working exactly as they intend it.

once the new BF game releases in 2020 guess what -- yup, planes will be OP as hell in that game too!

planes -- like snipers -- are an inconvenience but since they don't PTFO, they're really not helping their team to win.
  • UsTinKofFEAR-3Lk
    56 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member

Heavy Bombers ruined BF1 at the end. Now we have this at launch and a Reticle so it's now easier to bomb in third person.

Lmao. What's even more funny is the same people will brag about there KDR s.

Every got damn Bf Dice for some stupid reason OP the hell outta Tanks and aircraft.. why??? NOBODY KNOWS... they must think it’s fun to keep getting a bomb dropped in your head but not providing the weapons to combat the crap unless u like being a sitting dumb on a stationary weapon waiting for the air noob to come by you again after wiping out damn near your entire team with one bomb run.. this is why ppl stop playing BF games after a few weeks due to the constant bombardment of lazer shooting tanks across the map and bombs falling from the sky.. they know how to ruin a kickass looking game I tell yah
  • olavafar
    olavafar wrote: »

Missing "spotting" is countered with a cheap wall hack. You can spot and bomb the crap out of infantry with a cheap ESP hack all day long without any consequence.

I do not think there is much point in taking cheating into account when designing a game except when it comes to the actual anti cheat system. With a cheat there is no need to get into a bomber or any vehicle at all to do good.
  • von_Campenstein
    6568 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    @VincentNZ wrote
    The problem is very old and it starts with free choice of aircraft.
    Agree, I have been saying this for years.
    They should make the maps like
    • 1 fighter + 1 bomber
    • 1 fighter + 2 bombers
    • 2 fighters + 2 bombers
      Then you can choose with kind of fighter or bomber.

Or give the enemy 2 fighters for every 1 bomber you field.
  • NLBartmaN
    3219 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Trokey66 wrote: »

Every thread again .. he is doing it again ... see admins .. he is doing it again ..

On topic:

vehicles can be countered, customizations CAN'T be countered ... if there was an option to stop it/not see it/see something different, the whole discussion would not be there
  • ProAssassin2003
    3322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »
    guys do the math -- planes were OP in BF1 and now BF5 because it's supposed to be OP!

complaining about it is useless. they know and it's working exactly as they intend it.

once the new BF game releases in 2020 guess what -- yup, planes will be OP as hell in that game too!

planes -- like snipers -- are an inconvenience but since they don't PTFO, they're really not helping their team to win.

Then the Mobile AA should be like BF4. lol
  • SirBobdk
    4018 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    vcm0x wrote: »

Then the Mobile AA should be like BF4. lol
    Omg, my ticks just came back.
  • CaptHotah
    1075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited November 2018
    Stop whinning and learn to fly a Spitfire or jump on them AA's.

Bombers only do well when no one tries to shoot them down.
  • Trokey66
    8269 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Every thread again .. he is doing it again ... see admins .. he is doing it again ..

On topic:

vehicles can be countered, customizations CAN'T be countered ... if there was an option to stop it/not see it/see something different, the whole discussion would not be there

That's not really on topic though is it?

As I have said in Tonk threads changes should.be avoided for 4-8 weeks unless a 'rhing' is obviously glitched. Players need time to 'bed in' and learn the new mechanics/maps etc. After such time, when sufficient reliable data has been collected DICE should then and only then, apply measured and considered changes if required.

Knee jerk changes only prolong the problems.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10804 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

On topic:

This is the weakest anti-customization comment that I have ever read. I’m in utter awe.

Please take your own advice, if you don’t like customization, go play a game without it.